1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Got my bull bar installed

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Logically Insane, Mar 11, 2010.

1. Mar 11, 2010 at 3:52 PM
    Logically Insane

Logically Insane [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Wes
    TN --- USA
    Vehicle:
    2010 PreRunner Access Cab
    Kobalt toolbox mounted with J-Hooks, Locks on storage compartments in bed, Window Visors, Toolbox LED Lights, Underbody Lights, More to come.
    First off, before anyone says they suck, or they're ugly or whatever.. I love 'em.. I'll leave it at that. lol

I ordered the Aries one from AutoANything, and could not believe how fast they got it to me.. I bought it Monday night, they shipped Tuesday and I got it Wednesday... Amazing if ya ask me... lol

Anyways, I screwed around today while it rained and finally the sun came out..
    I was already itching to get it on.. And so I finally got out there and did it..
    I'll admit the bumper bolts were pretty hard to get off, but I was able to use one of the L brackets as a breaker bar... haha..

Anyways, here's what it came out looking like..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I got it all installed in probably an hour at the most.. I got all the brackets mounted and got a friend to hold it while I hooked it up to the brackets..
    Just made it simpler to do.. Wish now I would have had him help with the nerf bars, lol...

Anyways.. someone please tell me how good it looks.. lol

2. Mar 11, 2010 at 3:55 PM
    jrw1965

jrw1965 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Southern Maryland
    Vehicle:
    '08 dbl cab long bed 4 x 4
    Front tint, Stainless steel nerf bars, Leer tonneau, Rear spring TSB, Michelin LTX A/T2 265 70 16, Pioneer AVIC X910 so far
    Looks good

3. Mar 11, 2010 at 4:02 PM
    jtav2002

jtav2002 Kenny Fuckin Powers

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Reading, PA
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tundra DBL Cab TRD OR
    Love my black Aries bar. Looks good, although I prefer the black myself. Just be careful with that "skid plate." I bent mine on a snow mound haha.

4. Mar 11, 2010 at 4:28 PM
    A7XT

A7XT Reppin UWYO

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    WYOMING
    Vehicle:
    '09 TRD Sport V6 Silver
    BRUTEFORCE FAB HYBRID BUMPER!, 1.5 AAL, 5100 at 2.5" in front, foglight and DRL mod, fully de-badged, diff-breather mod, aux backup lights, rear view switch on mod, full husky floor liners, yellow wire mod, black action packer toolbox, Rockford P3SD412 sub on a hifonics Zues, Pioneer 4200DVD, hitch recovery shackle, Toyota Ski racks over bed, 55W Bixenon 6000K, Rigid 4" LED bars on bumper, Black Ultra Thunder 17" rims
    True that about the, uh, "skid plate". I have a westin but its the same thing and that plate is weak as heck :( mine has been bent so many times but I can always hammer it out with the good old BFH :D

5. Mar 11, 2010 at 4:58 PM
    Logically Insane

Member:
    First Name:
    Wes
    TN --- USA
    Vehicle:
    Kobalt toolbox mounted with J-Hooks, Locks on storage compartments in bed, Window Visors, Toolbox LED Lights, Underbody Lights, More to come.
    I had thought of going with the black.. But I'm not really into the whole black out thing.. If bad gets to worse I'll have it rhino-lined.
    Yeah the plate was kind flemsy .. but oh well, I got it for looks more than anything.. lol

6. Mar 11, 2010 at 5:10 PM
    DeeKay21

DeeKay21 Lieutenant Dan.

Member:
    Nevada/Utah
    Vehicle:
    06' TRD Sport 4x4
    I think it looks good! Nobody better dogg on them if they are a true TW member. We normally dont hate on each other!!:eek::cool:

7. Mar 11, 2010 at 5:15 PM
    Gregg

Gregg Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gregg
    New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    2010 Access Cab TRD Sport 4x4 Magnetic Grey
    Looks Great!!!:thumbsup:

8. Mar 11, 2010 at 5:19 PM
    tammikm

tammikm Well-Known Member

Member:
    canada
    Vehicle:
    06 DC 4x4 SR5 AUTO
    n/a
    looks great! but tilt it back closer to the bumper

9. Mar 11, 2010 at 5:33 PM
    Logically Insane

Member:
    First Name:
    Wes
    TN --- USA
    Vehicle:

Yeah, its a bit complicated.. I was right in the middle of installing and getting it all right when I got a call to go do some work. So I tightened everything and left it.

10. Mar 11, 2010 at 6:02 PM
    Logically Insane

Member:
    First Name:
    Wes
    TN --- USA
    Vehicle:
    Thanks for reminding me about that, Just went outside and raised it a bit, I knew something didnt look right.. I'll take better pics when it gets daylight again.. Nothing like some nighttime working on the truck to get the neighbors to think Im crazy.

Products Discussed in

To Top