Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Any one having back pain issues/feeling uncomfortable with 2010 Tacoma seats

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-22-2010, 11:52 PM   #22
sincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to all
sincitytaco's Tacoma Gallery
I have the sport seats and they are terrible as well. They have zero support and cause me to hunch over as well. These are the worst seats of any vehicle I have every owned. The seats in my Lexus IS350 sucked to, what is Toyota thinking putting these shitty designed seats in for?

I am going to consider getting a lumbar pillow as well. Does anyone know who makes the best one. One that has some lateral and vertical support would be best.
Old 04-23-2010, 12:12 AM   #23
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
philobeddoe has a brilliant futurephilobeddoe has a brilliant futurephilobeddoe has a brilliant futurephilobeddoe has a brilliant futurephilobeddoe has a brilliant futurephilobeddoe has a brilliant futurephilobeddoe has a brilliant futurephilobeddoe has a brilliant futurephilobeddoe has a brilliant futurephilobeddoe has a brilliant futurephilobeddoe has a brilliant future

Name: - philo
philobeddoe's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to philobeddoe
i thought i was the only one

i have an injured lower back and neck, and i find the seats and seating position uncomfortable

i was thinking of modding the seat rails to raise the seat an inch or so, give me better leg extension, and straighten out my back

it seems the seat design, which among other things is too narrow, causing hunching and centers your weight more toward the leg, rather than your core

i don't love it, but i think it's fixable
Old 04-23-2010, 12:54 AM   #24
george3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
george3's Tacoma Gallery
Why don't you try a $12 solution B 4 a $2000 one ? Post right above yours. "I use a lumbar pillow, approx $12 at R & S or Walmart. It works 4 me. "

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain3 View Post
I just bought a 2010 SR5 less than 60 days ago. Within a week I started to have lower back pain. I've been on the internet ever since trying to find a solution. What I have found out is Toyota is no help. They will not call you back. I'm currently looking at the possibility of changing out the drivers seat with the TRD sport seat. This will run about $2,200 to make the switch. If anyone has found a better solution in maybe an aftermarket seat that will fit and is comfortable I'd appreciate any info. I've also found out that the Tacoma seat sits 2" closer to the floor than most vehicles. I'm not to sure that this may play into the problem. By the way I've stopped driving the truck!
Old 04-23-2010, 04:04 AM   #25
el tráfico más lento se queda derecha
SManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SManZ's Tacoma Gallery
If you've got an '09+ the headrests are different and are pushed forward. These cause you to sit all hunched over and might be causing your back pains. Its retarded.

You can flip the headrest around backwards, or get a set off a Scion tC so you can drive without a gorilla hunch.
Old 04-23-2010, 05:56 AM   #26
plain_taco is on a distinguished road
Name: J
plain_taco's Tacoma Gallery
I guess everyone is different. I'm 6'5" and I find the bench in my '09 reg cab to be very comfortable...even on longer drives.
Old 04-23-2010, 07:01 AM   #27
JDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jim
JDCPA's Tacoma Gallery
I have the seat up much straighter than I did in previous vehicles and have the SR5 lumber adjustment at almost 100%.

The problem for me is that the back portion of the SR5 seat seems to be too low. I am trying to figure out how to put washers or mount some type of spacer to the rear seat bolts.
Old 04-23-2010, 07:08 AM   #28
Avman2119 is on a distinguished road
Name: Alex
Avman2119's Tacoma Gallery
If you're seat is more upright ur back won't hurt. I had the same issue cause i used to lean the seat back, if you put it upright it's much more comfortable since it's more ergonomic
Old 04-26-2010, 03:28 PM   #29
Captain3 is on a distinguished road
Captain3's Tacoma Gallery
I've talked with several people since my last post. The overarching problem is the height of the seat. The seat sits 10 inches from the floor. My Silverado and my wife Highlander each sit 12" from the floor. The lesser height lifts your legs and over time causes you the lower back pain. I talked with an upholstery shop this afternoon and he said welcome to Toyota. The back pain is a common problem and there is not much that can be done to solve the problem. The upholstery dealer owned a JTCruiser and he too has had back pain. He said he just lives with it because he likes the truck. My solution is going to be to trade the new vehicle in a something different.

Kinda Sucks to buy something that you just can't drive!
Old 04-26-2010, 04:08 PM   #30
SpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SpaceMonkey's Tacoma Gallery
^ Can't you raise the seats by 2"? Can't the shop add more padding and extend the seat out front to suppor the legs?
Old 04-26-2010, 04:26 PM   #31
JUJtacoma2010 is on a distinguished road
JUJtacoma2010's Tacoma Gallery
Its true that 09+ trucks have a different head rest that kind of pushes your head forward. and I think thats a factor too. I will replacing it with something different.
Old 04-26-2010, 06:24 PM   #32
pauldotcom is a glorious beacon of lightpauldotcom is a glorious beacon of lightpauldotcom is a glorious beacon of lightpauldotcom is a glorious beacon of lightpauldotcom is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Paul
pauldotcom's Tacoma Gallery
Amazing what people will complain about. My TRD Sport seats are amazing,much better then the SR5 ones I used to have in my 2008, but thats one reason the TRD is more $$. Before you upgrade, just trade it in for the TRD probobly the same $$$
Old 04-26-2010, 06:53 PM   #33
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
^^^ you think complaining about something that puts you in constant pain is unreasonable?
Old 04-26-2010, 07:01 PM   #34
Shack is one of the sharper tools in the shedShack is one of the sharper tools in the shedShack is one of the sharper tools in the shedShack is one of the sharper tools in the shedShack is one of the sharper tools in the shedShack is one of the sharper tools in the shedShack is one of the sharper tools in the shedShack is one of the sharper tools in the shedShack is one of the sharper tools in the shedShack is one of the sharper tools in the shedShack is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lane
Shack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JUJtacoma2010 View Post
Lately I have been having back and neck shoulder aches when ever I drive in the truck. the longest I drive is like 10 miles daily. I am just wondering if anyone else has felt uncomfortable with the seats. I am about 5 10 in height and wonder if I need to use any kind of a cushion. I have tried adjusting my seat in may different ways. Any ideas will be appreciated.

I could have wrote this very same post myself. Weird...
Old 04-27-2010, 03:53 PM   #35
Captain3 is on a distinguished road
Captain3's Tacoma Gallery
The SR5 seats have less padding than the TRD sport seats. I drove a TRD last Saturday for about an hour and a half. It was much better. Problem is the replacement TRD seat to buy and put in the SR5 is 2K. To trade the new SR5 vehicle in and buy the TRD truck the trade in on the SR5 is 4K less than I payed for the truck 60 days ago. OUCH! I'd hate to spend 2K and find out two weeks later that the height is truly the cause and the TRD seat did not fix the problem. One of the posts above talks negatively against the TRD seat.
Old 04-27-2010, 04:16 PM   #36
sincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to all
sincitytaco's Tacoma Gallery
the seats in all toyotas are piss poor shit. I have owned Tacomas, 4runners, is350, gs460s. All the seats suck compared to an entry level german car.

Now Audi seats, especially in their S lines are phenomenal.
Old 04-27-2010, 04:40 PM   #37
pauldotcom is a glorious beacon of lightpauldotcom is a glorious beacon of lightpauldotcom is a glorious beacon of lightpauldotcom is a glorious beacon of lightpauldotcom is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Paul
pauldotcom's Tacoma Gallery
Didn't you guys test drive the damn truck first? If you think the seats are piss-poor then don't drive a Toyota. And sorry, the guy that said he only spends 10min in the truck and it is killing his back, give me a break. Try buying a quality bed or somthing because 10 minutes isn't going to do it.
Old 04-27-2010, 05:10 PM   #38
DCE469 is on a distinguished road
Name: Dave
DCE469's Tacoma Gallery
I bought my 2010 DC SR5 4x4 in January. Most of my driving is less than 18 miles. I took a 2 hour trip last week, and when I got out of the truck I could only stand @ a 45 degree angle. Until I saw this post I thought maybe it was just me not finding the "sweet spot". I wondered if the side air bags played a role?
Old 04-27-2010, 05:13 PM   #39
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
I'm comfortable during my commute. My friends that ride in it compliment on how comfortable the seats are.
Old 04-28-2010, 08:38 PM   #40
Crusty ole' conservative fart
Sullyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSullyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSullyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSullyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSullyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSullyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSullyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSullyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSullyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSullyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSullyman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Retired Master Sergeant
Sullyman's Tacoma Gallery
I just bought my 2010 Taco after driving an 05 4Runner...the 4Runner's had a better lumbar support...the one in the Taco doesn't go out far enough...

Products Discussed in this Thread