Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Oh Crap thats the transmission not oil pan

Old 03-12-2010, 11:10 PM   #21
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aficianado View Post
i dont read the OP's post that way.
nor do i...he came to ask if that slight amount of fliud would affect anything. sounds like come of the people here need to pack up to ttora or ct
Old 03-13-2010, 12:06 AM   #22
BakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Herbie Hancock
BakoTruck's Tacoma Gallery
lol how many times will I see these threads, if you can't tell the difference between the two, than you should not try this. It's not rocket science.
But everyone makes mistakes, good luck with future oil changes. Sorry if I sounded like an @ss (was not trying to), have a good one.
Old 03-13-2010, 06:19 AM   #23
Fortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Fortech's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyouto42 View Post
I don't understand how the hell people mess this up. Yall need to take a basic shop class, or at least watch a youtube video or two.

At any rate, AT fluid levels are critical. The fluid IS the clutch essentially... it's the only thing converting power from the engine, to the wheels. It does this through the torque converter, which uses the fluid pressure to move the transmission. If the levels are incorrect, it'll have either to weak or to strong force... which will cause slipping or over torquing. Either one, can seriously damage the torque converter and/or the clutches on the gears in the transmission among other things.

Look up Chris4x4's write-up on how to perform a Automatic Transmission service (the 60k maint, previously 100k). It's pretty easy to do, and easy enough to get the level perfect if you follow it step by step. Take this as a lesson learned, but don't short cut this.
Couldn't find the Chris4x4 write up, did he do one as well?
Old 03-14-2010, 06:59 AM   #24
topcathr is on a distinguished road
topcathr's Tacoma Gallery
Oil change

I think its great that you are doing you own maint. A oil change is prob. The easiest thing you can do yourself. Get someone with a little experience to go over it with you as you can cause damage to a vehicle quite easily if you are not sure of the maint procedure.
Old 03-14-2010, 07:07 AM   #25
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
nor do i...he came to ask if that slight amount of fliud would affect anything. sounds like come of the people here need to pack up to ttora or ct
x2... not sure when TW turned into a Jr. TTORA...
Old 03-14-2010, 07:11 AM   #26
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aficianado View Post
christ..some of you guys act like you never made dumb mistakes before. i have. no sense making the OP feel like an ass. took nuts to post up his fuck up here. that has to count for something.

my mother and laws infinity..the two plugs are about 4 inches apart. i had to double take to make sure i loosened the correct one.

This
Old 03-14-2010, 11:49 AM   #27
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortech View Post
Couldn't find the Chris4x4 write up, did he do one as well?
Sorry man, I had chris on the brain I ment yours :P I was just using his spark guide the other day and was checking yours out at the same time. Now I feel like an ass

Also as I didn't see a link... http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...nsmission.html
Old 01-06-2013, 07:46 PM   #29
Recklessly tired
Fightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luke
Fightnfire's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by yotarob2005 View Post
No dip stick & no place to add any fluid even if you wanted too. I wouldn't worry to much, but if you are losing sleep over it, take it to the dealership.
There is a place to add fluid you just need a pump which you can get for under 10 bucks.