1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

My Radio Beeped And Just Turned Off WTF !

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by JayJay, Mar 12, 2010.

1. Mar 12, 2010 at 8:48 PM
    JayJay

JayJay [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pacific Northwest
    Vehicle:
    08'Taco.DC,SR5.TRD. Off Road,Manual 6Spd.
    3 inch lift Rev Tek Bilstien shocks .Westin crome side nerf bars (steps) Toyo 285-16" , HID High/Low 4300k ,yellow fogs 3000k, Lear cap 100 XQ , Thule Tracker 2 roof rack , Bed Rug bed liner ....
    My Radio Beeped and turned off ,WTF !!!
    This happend to me 2 times so far .... started listening to the radio and about 20 minutes in to a groove and bam!!! it beeps and turns off !!! WTF!!! I turn it back on and it plays normal and played for the rest of the ride home ,20 minutes or so....... This happened twice like i said in a 2 week period ..... 08' Taco DC Short bed ,Off road .... AM-FM Disc changer Radio .... Has this happen to you and WTF !!!!! anyone ?????

2. Mar 12, 2010 at 8:54 PM
    SlurpeeBlueMetallic

SlurpeeBlueMetallic FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...

Member:
    Any chance you're hitting and holding down a steering wheel button (MODE, I think)? That will cause it to beep and turn off. Also a long list of problems with the stock radios so if you're not hitting a button while turning or moving your head you may want to mention if to your local dealer.

3. Mar 12, 2010 at 8:55 PM
    The_Hodge

The_Hodge Volunteer Moderator

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    Seeing the third gen section forced me to get a Ford...
    there is a known issue w/ the radios on certain years, but i cant remember the exact years. it should still be under warranty, use it

4. Mar 12, 2010 at 9:02 PM
    JayJay

Member:
    Pacific Northwest
    Vehicle:
    3 inch lift Rev Tek Bilstien shocks .Westin crome side nerf bars (steps) Toyo 285-16" , HID High/Low 4300k ,yellow fogs 3000k, Lear cap 100 XQ , Thule Tracker 2 roof rack , Bed Rug bed liner ....
    Holding the button on the steering wheel ( Mode ) ????? Sh!t I might be hitting it ,I'm not sure ....... Yes I will have to see where the hell my fingers are at ..... Sh!t .... LOL !!! I have an 100,000 mile warrenty Extended ... I only owned for 4 weeks now .... Thanx for the input .........

5. Mar 12, 2010 at 9:14 PM
    SlurpeeBlueMetallic

SlurpeeBlueMetallic FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...

Member:
    I had it happen to me twice... first time I had no clue but the second time I noticed both times was when I was turning. I hooked my thumb into the crook of the steering wheel next to the button and held it down for the few seconds it took to turn the corner... BEEP - OFF. :eek:

6. Mar 12, 2010 at 9:17 PM
    JayJay

Member:
    Pacific Northwest
    Vehicle:
    Thanx slurrpee , Thats what I hope I did , I will watch my Fingers ............

Products Discussed in

To Top