Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

How does rear view mirror come off?

Old 04-22-2008, 10:16 AM   #1
kohan25 is on a distinguished road
kohan25's Tacoma Gallery
How does rear view mirror come off?

Maybe an easy question but I dont want to break it. How do you remove the rear view mirror from the windshield?
Old 04-22-2008, 10:23 AM   #2
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
First removed the little plastic cover at the base of the mirror, ( I used a really small flat blade screw driver) then there is a tab on the bottom inside of the mirror, press that then lift the mirror up. I just took my off when I tinted my windshield. PM me if you have any questions.
Old 04-22-2008, 10:26 AM   #3
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
THis is all out of memory.. and it ain't all that good of one.

(on a 2007)
Look at the post that holds it to the window. Look at the backside (nearest window). There should be a little plastic cover piece that can be popped off.
After you pop this off, the mirror should slide off.

The windshield has a triangular metal piece in the window itself (so to speak). The rear view mirror has a similar sized and shape triangular piece that slides on the metal.

Good Luck!
Old 04-22-2008, 12:26 PM   #4
kohan25 is on a distinguished road
kohan25's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks very much. Thats what I needed.
Old 04-22-2008, 03:02 PM   #5
Unapologetic Texan
sawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to behold

sawdust's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
The windshield has a triangular metal piece in the window itself (so to speak). The rear view mirror has a similar sized and shape triangular piece that slides on the metal.
Is that piece epoxied to the glass? I've got a homelink mirror, but I assume it's mounted the same way. I'd love to raise the mounting point higher, but I don't want to mess with epoxy.
Old 05-06-2008, 05:37 PM   #6
subcwo5nuke is on a distinguished road
Navy: Nuclear Submarines, CWO5
subcwo5nuke's Tacoma Gallery
I need to move mine up also. I keep finding collisions off the port bow when I have it folded down. My eye height is aty mirror height and it's either foled up or down and dangerous. Did you figure out if it could be moved? Thanks.
Old 05-06-2008, 05:38 PM   #7
Sorry, Stbd bow (the other port)
Old 05-06-2008, 05:38 PM   #8
Man, do I miss automatic spell-checker.
Old 12-13-2010, 12:03 PM   #9
krudawg has a spectacular aura aboutkrudawg has a spectacular aura aboutkrudawg has a spectacular aura about
Marines: 9th Marines
Name: Ted
krudawg's Tacoma Gallery
Ok, now it's coming to me: "I Left Port" so STBD must be right. 40 years ago, the USMC taught me "squid" talk and it still resides in the far reaches of my brain housing group