Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Extremely disappointed with new HID kit

Old 03-12-2010, 10:42 PM   #1
Ez2typethis has much to be proud ofEz2typethis has much to be proud ofEz2typethis has much to be proud ofEz2typethis has much to be proud ofEz2typethis has much to be proud ofEz2typethis has much to be proud ofEz2typethis has much to be proud ofEz2typethis has much to be proud ofEz2typethis has much to be proud ofEz2typethis has much to be proud of

Navy: Aviation Structural Mechanic (Structures and Hydraulics) VFA-25
Ez2typethis's Tacoma Gallery
Angry Extremely disappointed with new HID kit

So i pick up a nice HID conversion kit off ebay, this kit exactly:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/XENON...Q5fAccessories

And go ahead and wire them up. Well no highbeams... So I was like "wtf?" yah I'm new at owning a 2nd gen. Can anyone point me in the right direction for a nice HID kit with high and low beams? If they even exist.
Old 03-12-2010, 10:44 PM   #2
Greg Graffin 2016
WhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andre
WhatThePho?'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePho?
Try DDMTUNING.com They got really good prices on them and lifetime warranty.

The kit you bought are just a low beam only kit, when ordering from DDM select a hi/lo kit.
Old 03-12-2010, 10:52 PM   #4
Ez2typethis has much to be proud ofEz2typethis has much to be proud ofEz2typethis has much to be proud ofEz2typethis has much to be proud ofEz2typethis has much to be proud ofEz2typethis has much to be proud ofEz2typethis has much to be proud ofEz2typethis has much to be proud ofEz2typethis has much to be proud ofEz2typethis has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatThePho? View Post
Try DDMTUNING.com They got really good prices on them and lifetime warranty.

The kit you bought are just a low beam only kit, when ordering from DDM select a hi/lo kit.

2010 tacos are 9003 headlights right or h4? are they the same?
Old 03-12-2010, 11:05 PM   #5
GETTN IT
th3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dylan
th3bigk0's Tacoma Gallery
for a good hi/low kit ur lookin around 200.kinda shitty but w.e
Old 03-12-2010, 11:27 PM   #6
lowzone has a spectacular aura aboutlowzone has a spectacular aura about
Name: Ron
lowzone's Tacoma Gallery
retro-solutions on ebay....he sells to all the tuner guys. i got a set for my Isuzu rodeo conversion on my pickup. you want what is called BI-Xenon bulbs....should run you 150-200 for a GOOD set. Retro set i have is over a year old and worked great. sold the truck but have to put the kit in another Isuzu i have. want to get a set for my 2010 Taco soon but one issue i did have is that if you dont tighten the snot out of the ballists, you get static in the radio until the bulbs warm up completely (about 15 seconds). The 6000k bulbs are alittle blue hue to them but 5000k are pretty much pure white. the 6000k are nice though, cut thru the rain and snow and light up the road nicely. Just aim the headlights down though, they do blind oncoming drivers if not done right.
Old 03-13-2010, 08:50 PM   #7
iKill
mgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SGT (ret.), 0311, 1st Battalion 6th Marines
mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
try looking over in the lighting section. There's guys that do all kinds of stuff in there. I haven't looked into it that much yet, but I know there are a few places they have linked in there that should be easy to find.
Old 03-13-2010, 08:51 PM   #8
NWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NWtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
i never buy anything off ebay. its always second rate crap. good luck bro.
Old 03-13-2010, 08:57 PM   #9
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
like whatthepho? said, ddmtuning.com just got a set a few weeks ago from them and love it. you have to select the h4 bulbs with the high/low feature. $60 including shipping! they have a lifetime warranty on everything; ballasts, bulbs, harnes, can't beat it.
Old 03-13-2010, 09:03 PM   #10
Tacotronn
TacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
TacoTron's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah the HID you have is the one i have on my truck its works and it all but sucks ass when its cold they dont wanna turn out and i gotta switch the lights on and off for them to actually start working
Old 03-13-2010, 09:05 PM   #11
yosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yosh2000's Tacoma Gallery
check my sig...no PNP kit is going to have a good high beam...i dont care what anyone says
Old 03-13-2010, 09:08 PM   #12
iKill
mgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SGT (ret.), 0311, 1st Battalion 6th Marines
mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
OP, ^ That's the thread I read a while back. If I wasn't so scared of messing with my lights I'd do what yosh2000 did.
Old 03-14-2010, 12:57 AM   #13
05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ken
05sctaco's Tacoma Gallery
My mod express bi-xenon kit is pretty good since they have a nice shield. Also HID 3000k Fogs really help in the rain and bad weather. I have 4 sets of HID's on my truck. all 35w's.
Old 03-14-2010, 01:06 AM   #14
05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
05offroad's Tacoma Gallery
I've had the DDM h4 high/low for awhile now and never had a problem. bright as hell and great customer service.

http://www.ddmtuning.com/
Old 03-14-2010, 04:56 AM   #15
Mellow has much to be proud ofMellow has much to be proud ofMellow has much to be proud ofMellow has much to be proud ofMellow has much to be proud ofMellow has much to be proud ofMellow has much to be proud ofMellow has much to be proud ofMellow has much to be proud of

Mellow's Tacoma Gallery
I've been using the bi-xenon kit from vvme.com for about a year, no issues and they are a hi/lo dual beam kit. Activating the high beam triggers a relay that moves the bulb to a position so the high beam is active.

http://www.vvme.com/bixenon-hid-conv...-44_46_35.html

I use the same kit on my motorcycle as well. Our Nissan Rogue has 4 headlights so you have to go with single-beam bulbs with that configuration.
Old 03-14-2010, 11:38 PM   #17

I ended up ordering the ones off of DDMtuning I got the HI/LOW headlights and the fogs lights, both 6000k. I 'll put some pics up whe i get them installed.
Old 03-15-2010, 02:31 PM   #18
05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
05offroad's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ez2typethis View Post
I ended up ordering the ones off of DDMtuning I got the HI/LOW headlights and the fogs lights, both 6000k. I 'll put some pics up whe i get them installed.
35w or 55w??
Old 03-15-2010, 03:44 PM   #19
sincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to all
sincitytaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellow View Post
I've been using the bi-xenon kit from vvme.com for about a year, no issues and they are a hi/lo dual beam kit. Activating the high beam triggers a relay that moves the bulb to a position so the high beam is active.

http://www.vvme.com/bixenon-hid-conv...-44_46_35.html

I use the same kit on my motorcycle as well. Our Nissan Rogue has 4 headlights so you have to go with single-beam bulbs with that configuration.
I have been using the VVME kit as well for over a year in both my headlights and fog lights with no problems.
Old 06-04-2011, 06:58 PM   #20

DDM 55w 600k headlights, 35w 600k fogs, converting headlights to TRS MINI DS2, Not too happy with the DDM tuning kit because they blind so many people even though i have mine aimed down pretty far.