Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

rear locker

Old 03-13-2010, 04:04 PM   #1
08ruggedtrail is on a distinguished road

Name: shannon
08ruggedtrail's Tacoma Gallery
rear locker

i dont think my rear locker is working ? i am not sure but i pressed the button and on my dash the light was blinking and all but both tires were spinning , anyone have any advice ?
Old 03-13-2010, 04:05 PM   #2
surfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shed
surfrat's Tacoma Gallery
put it in 4 low
Old 03-13-2010, 04:20 PM   #4
nvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nvdeserted's Tacoma Gallery
Get into 4lo, press locker button at under 5mph ( I usually just stop, hit button, and then barely get rolling again to let it engage). When it is engaged the light will stop flashing and just stay on.

I've found that mine engages real easy now whereas it took longer when I first used it.

Once it's engaged you can go as fast as you want... but since you have to be in 4lo you shouldn't be going over 10mph anyway imo.
Old 03-13-2010, 04:29 PM   #5
BakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Herbie Hancock
BakoTruck's Tacoma Gallery
Also try turning your truck to one side and then move forward, I heard that this helps engage it faster. Haven't tried this yet, I don't have a chance to use my locker all that much.
Old 03-13-2010, 04:50 PM   #6
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvdeserted View Post
Get into 4lo, press locker button at under 5mph ( I usually just stop, hit button, and then barely get rolling again to let it engage). When it is engaged the light will stop flashing and just stay on.

I've found that mine engages real easy now whereas it took longer when I first used it.

Once it's engaged you can go as fast as you want... but since you have to be in 4lo you shouldn't be going over 10mph anyway imo.

x2
Old 03-13-2010, 09:14 PM   #7

so it can not be used in 2wd ?
Old 03-13-2010, 09:17 PM   #8
ttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
ttylerr's Tacoma Gallery
not without some modification. search in the cheap/free mods section
Old 03-13-2010, 09:20 PM   #9

ok . thanks for everyones input . i thought it wasnt doing what it should be lol
Old 03-14-2010, 12:18 PM   #11
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OffroadToy View Post
Nope...that's why it was blinking (it wasn't engaged.) Got to be in 4lo.
x2

There is a mod. with a relay if you want it to work in H2... well described with photos here on TW.

4WD is the first route for better traction and the rear locker is to be used only if you need additional traction or think of it as a traction aid.

PreRunners (2WD Tacomas) with the rear locker don't have the luxery of 4WD, so the rear locker is the traction aid.