1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Interested Buyer

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by AUTiger, Mar 14, 2010.

1. Mar 14, 2010 at 7:36 PM
    AUTiger

AUTiger [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Wiseman
    Atlanta
    Hey guys,

Just wanted to introduce myself and make my first post. I've been hooked on this site for weeks and love the look of these Tacomas. My current ride is a 2003 G35 so this would be quite a change and move to a truck. I've currently owned a 2000 Jeep Cherokee so I'm aware of the mod bug and all the things you can do with these vehicles. I really appreciate finding an active forum like this one with so much research available.

I feel from what I've read a double cab 4x4 sport is what I'm looking for. Step one would be to test drive it. I'm still on the fence about going with a Toyota after reading about the recalls, rust issues, etc. But it seems like this isnt affecting everyone out there which is a good thing. Also looking at the new Tahoes which I think look great.

Anyway, maybe in the near future I can pursue this further and maybe strike a deal when the time is right. Cheers.

Wise

2. Mar 14, 2010 at 7:38 PM
    topgun155

topgun155 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Zack
    Richmond, TX
    Vehicle:
    2018 F-150 5.0
    RIP to my 08 Prerunner DC
    Welcome to TW from TX.
    Don't worry about the accelerator. It doesn't effect the taco, and just use your head and put it in neutral if something did.

3. Mar 14, 2010 at 7:38 PM
    NWtacoma

NWtacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    Kent,WA
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Sport 4x4
    265/70/17 bfg AT
    if you're worried about quality issues, why are you even considering a chevy?:rolleyes:

4. Mar 14, 2010 at 7:45 PM
    Chris(NJ)

Chris(NJ) Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Usually in Central Jersey
    Vehicle:
    08 Indigo 4x4 DC OR
    Mods are currently being changed .....
    fwiw, I have a chevy w/ 124k on it. No problems to speak of. Father had a Tahoe that he put 320k on. Again, no real problems outside the regular maintenance stuff.

Anyway, staying on topic, good luck w/ your decision. These are great trucks! Dont let the media frenzy scare you away. I bought mine in the middle of it all and dont regret it one bit.

Products Discussed in

To Top