Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

1st Gen or 2nd Gen Tacoma, which is faster?

Old 03-15-2010, 11:55 AM   #1
BassPilot is a glorious beacon of lightBassPilot is a glorious beacon of lightBassPilot is a glorious beacon of lightBassPilot is a glorious beacon of lightBassPilot is a glorious beacon of lightBassPilot is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Bennett
BassPilot's Tacoma Gallery
1st Gen or 2nd Gen Tacoma, which is faster?

Yesterday I raced a buddy of mine that has a '04 double cab off-road Prerunner in my '10 double cab off-road 4x4. It was pretty even, but I did have an extra person and all our golf clubs in mine. He had an auto and I have a manual. The second generation's have a larger engine but they also weigh more. I did a google search and it looks like the 2nd gens have a slower 0-60, but I'm just curious in your experiences which one is quicker. Also searched the forums briefly but didn't see a topic about it, altho I'm sure there is one.
Old 03-15-2010, 11:56 AM   #2
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
and 2nd gen is faster
Old 03-15-2010, 01:23 PM   #4
Dirty Trucker
TacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hayden
TacoSupreem's Tacoma Gallery
Well yours is a 4wd add 400lbs(approx), yours is a bigger heavier truck, you had a passenger, and add the weight of your cargo. So it wasn't an even race to begin with?
Old 03-15-2010, 01:30 PM   #5
bmgreene is a splendid one to beholdbmgreene is a splendid one to beholdbmgreene is a splendid one to beholdbmgreene is a splendid one to beholdbmgreene is a splendid one to beholdbmgreene is a splendid one to beholdbmgreene is a splendid one to behold

bmgreene's Tacoma Gallery
It was easier to do a burnout in my 1st gen 5-lug than my 2010 prerunner, but a lot of that is probably traction control kicking in (and manual vs auto tranny).

If you really wanna go fast though, you should get something that isn't a truck. Even the X-runner wouldn't keep up with a WRX stock vs stock. That's why I kept my RX8 when I bought my new taco, gives me the proper vehicle to enjoy any mood.
Old 03-15-2010, 01:39 PM   #6
BassPilot is a glorious beacon of lightBassPilot is a glorious beacon of lightBassPilot is a glorious beacon of lightBassPilot is a glorious beacon of lightBassPilot is a glorious beacon of lightBassPilot is a glorious beacon of light

Calm down. It wasn't a street race. After we finished playing golf, we were at a stop light and we both accelerated until we hit the speed limit (45) then went our different directions. It was a 4 lane road near a dump and a golf-course and there was nobody around. Its not like we had LED lights all over the trucks racing through tokyo at midnight. You're missing the point anyways. I'm just asking which generation of Tacoma's are quicker.
Old 03-15-2010, 01:42 PM   #7
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
2nd gens are faster... mine is

Good Bye
Old 03-15-2010, 01:44 PM   #8
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by BassPilot View Post
Calm down. It wasn't a street race. After we finished playing golf, we were at a stop light and we both accelerated until we hit the speed limit (45) then went our different directions. It was a 4 lane road near a dump and a golf-course and there was nobody around. Its not like we had LED lights all over the trucks racing through tokyo at midnight. You're missing the point anyways. I'm just asking which generation of Tacoma's are quicker.
Lets see- Two vehicles accelerating in close proximity to one another...on a street. Pretty sure that's racing- even if you didn't go 100 mph or have LEDs all over the place.

Where you are and who is around doesn't matter...It's street racing and it's illegal.

Lock'er up!!
Old 03-15-2010, 02:19 PM   #9
Reznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Mike
Reznor88's Tacoma Gallery
Old 03-15-2010, 02:22 PM   #10
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
My 2nd gen with me driving is faster than anyone/anything.
Old 03-15-2010, 02:22 PM   #11
Calmer than you are
jmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Al Tonter
jmg256's Tacoma Gallery
^^^^Almost fell outta my chair laughing so hard!!! that is quite the atheletic stance...
Old 03-15-2010, 02:29 PM   #12
WTF
1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

1TUFFTRD's Tacoma Gallery
big fuckin deal... they wanted to see which truck is faster! go cry to your mommy's about it... 2nd gen is faster ftw
Old 03-15-2010, 02:35 PM   #14
Reznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Mike
Reznor88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1TUFFTRD View Post
big fuckin deal... they wanted to see which truck is faster! go cry to your mommy's about it... 2nd gen is faster ftw
It's hard to see through my tears since apparently everyone is crying about it but here you go:

"Use of offensive and inflammatory language, discussions or content targeting an ethnic, political or religious group, gender, sexual orientation, name calling, and humiliating or bashing members is prohibited in the forums of Tacoma World. Political discussion, talk or displays of street racing and excessive speeding are also not permitted on Tacoma World. Posting links or information for the purpose of pirating or illegally obtaining products is also prohibited."

It's a simple rule.
Old 03-15-2010, 02:37 PM   #15
cworley5150 is on a distinguished road
cworley5150's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg256 View Post
STREET RACING KILLS PEOPLE!!! Way to go jackass...Please elaborate on the rest of your afternoon, did you and your BRO play a few rounds of RUSSIAN ROULETTE while otherwise being mouth-breathing sister-humping idiots?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
Lets see- Two vehicles accelerating in close proximity to one another...on a street. Pretty sure that's racing- even if you didn't go 100 mph or have LEDs all over the place.

Where you are and who is around doesn't matter...It's street racing and it's illegal.

Lock'er up!!
Wow! let me guess, neither of you law abiding citizens have never ever went 1mph over the speed limit. That would be breaking the law. Surely it has never happened.

I didn't realize folks were so uptight her in TW.
Old 03-15-2010, 02:39 PM   #16

Right. I didn't know it was against the rules, that's my fault. I'll keep them in mind if I ever start a second thread. For now can anybody just ignore the first two sentences of my post, and if you have an opinion on which generation Tacoma accelerates faster, please share it?

Bennett
Old 03-15-2010, 02:39 PM   #17
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cworley5150 View Post
Wow! let me guess, neither of you law abiding citizens have never ever went 1mph over the speed limit. That would be breaking the law. Surely it has never happened.

I didn't realize folks were so uptight her in TW.
I didn't say not to race- You are a grown up and can make your own decisions. I did say it's illegal and the website owner (in the rules posted above) says no talking about it.
Old 03-15-2010, 02:40 PM   #18
x2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

x2468's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah last time i was out driving i saw a speed limit 45mph sign and under it i saw an acceleration limit sign that said 8mph/s right under. Don't go breaking that acceleration limit guys it's illegal!!!!!
Old 03-15-2010, 02:44 PM   #19
cworley5150 is on a distinguished road
cworley5150's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reznor88 View Post
It's hard to see through my tears since apparently everyone is crying about it but here you go:

"Use of offensive and inflammatory language, discussions or content targeting an ethnic, political or religious group, gender, sexual orientation, name calling, and humiliating or bashing members is prohibited in the forums of Tacoma World. Political discussion, talk or displays of street racing and excessive speeding are also not permitted on Tacoma World. Posting links or information for the purpose of pirating or illegally obtaining products is also prohibited."

It's a simple rule.
Just read this after posting my response above. So, your gonna remind this guy sbout the part of the quoted rules above that deals with street racing and completely ignore the "use of offensive language, name calling and humiliating and bashing members" in the other guys posts?

By the way, my 2.7 4x4 is faster than either truck in question. So I win!
Old 03-15-2010, 02:46 PM   #20
abides.

Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cworley5150 View Post
Just read this after posting my response above. So, your gonna remind this guy sbout the part of the quoted rules above that deals with street racing and completely ignore the "use of offensive language, name calling and humiliating and bashing members" in the other guys posts?

By the way, my 2.7 4x4 is faster than either truck in question. So I win!
Nope...I report those posts too...