Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Fine tuning the rear height after lifting the front?

Old 03-17-2010, 03:35 PM   #1
huff.jeremy will become famous soon enoughhuff.jeremy will become famous soon enough

huff.jeremy's Tacoma Gallery
Fine tuning the rear height after lifting the front?

Hello,

I am very close to ordering OME 884's to achieve my desired lift (~2"). I am also wanting to level out my truck as well, BUT it seems that the 2" lift will put my nose in the air... and the shortest AAL that I have found is 2.5"... which would give me even more rake than stock.

I am looking for a way to get a level truck (or a slight front rake at the most) after installing the OME 884s. Any ideas?
Old 03-17-2010, 03:38 PM   #2
Its_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Chris
Its_Taco_Time's Tacoma Gallery
Wheeler's AAL is 1.5" lift. I am running it on my truck and it is great.
Old 03-17-2010, 03:41 PM   #3
Tundra FTMFW
csuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
csuviper's Tacoma Gallery
Go 6" Fabtech. You wont regret it.
Old 03-17-2010, 04:03 PM   #4
huff.jeremy will become famous soon enoughhuff.jeremy will become famous soon enough

huff.jeremy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Its_Taco_Time View Post
Wheeler's AAL is 1.5" lift. I am running it on my truck and it is great.
Oh wow, that is perfect. I am assuming you are talking about the single AAL and not the progressive spring kit that replaces the overload spring?

Speaking of which... anyone tried those progressive springs?
Old 03-17-2010, 04:06 PM   #5
Its_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Chris
Its_Taco_Time's Tacoma Gallery
I spoke with Jason from Wheeler's for 1/2 hour trying to figure out which to get. If you don't do any hauling/towing, the progressive pack will ride a little better.

I haul sometimes, so I opted for the single AAL. It rides the same as any tacoma with the TSB done. I am really impressed with it.