Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Transmission Temp Sensor & Gauge

Old 03-22-2010, 05:17 AM   #1
blazze2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblazze2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblazze2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblazze2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblazze2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblazze2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblazze2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblazze2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblazze2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblazze2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblazze2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blazze2005's Tacoma Gallery
Transmission Temp Sensor & Gauge

Would it be possible to run a Transmission temp gauge by tapping into the wires on the factory trans temp gauge?

I noticed there is a trans temp sensor located on the top side of the transmission on my 05 tacoma pre-runner

Would like to hook up a digital gauge

Thanks for any info on doing this...
Old 01-30-2013, 12:16 AM   #4
Well, let's play chess.
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
A ScanGaugeII or UltraGauge will read that temp through the OBDII port, along with many other sensor outputs.
Old 01-30-2013, 12:33 AM   #5
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert Paulson
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoorDing View Post
A ScanGaugeII or UltraGauge will read that tempthrough the OBDII port, along with many other sensor outputs.
Is there an updated ultrguage?

I have coolant temp, but not trans temp....that would be awesome!
Old 01-30-2013, 02:17 AM   #6
Well, let's play chess.
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justus View Post
Is there an updated ultrguage?

I have coolant temp, but not trans temp....that would be awesome!
Perhaps I spoke out of turn. I own a ScanGaugeII and it can display transmission fluid temperature, but I'm not sure the same can be said for the UltraGauge.
Old 01-30-2013, 03:34 AM   #7
PMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shed

PMK's Tacoma Gallery
The newer Scangage can display both trans pan fluid temp and Converter fluid temp. Mine is setup to show both simultaneously.

I don't know if Ultragage will or not.

Rather than a work the oem wiring if you do not go Scangage, add a remote trans filter and install a temp probe in the fluid return line from the cooler. Or better yet, add an aftermarket cooler with the fittings already in place for the temp probe. Then run whatever gage setup you prefer.

PK
Old 01-30-2013, 06:28 AM   #8
Lurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lurkin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMK View Post
The newer Scangage can display both trans pan fluid temp and Converter fluid temp. Mine is setup to show both simultaneously.

I don't know if Ultragage will or not.

PK
Which trans temps the SG gives depends on the year of the truck, for 10+ you can get the pan and converter temps via an Xguage setting, 05-09 only gets the pan temp.

UG cannot do trans temps at all.
Old 02-22-2013, 10:50 AM   #9
Relentless
jjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joel
jjhitchen's Tacoma Gallery
Old 05-04-2013, 05:02 PM   #11
gjtacoma is on a distinguished road
gjtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gusher View Post
Can also read it using the Torque app ($4.99) on my Droid that talks to my $15.00 OBD-II bluetooth sensor. I have about $20.00 invested in a very powerful and useful tool.
Which bluetooth sensor did you go with, from where?
Old 07-30-2013, 11:51 AM   #12
dbbyleo is on a distinguished road
dbbyleo's Tacoma Gallery
In terms of where to mount the temp sensor, have you guys read or heard of doing this:
http://www.ttora.com/forum/showthrea...ighlight=trans

I'm thinking about doing this same setup, but wanted to see if anyone else have done it and how it's worked out in the long term?