I went last week and put the earnest money down on a 2010 MGM Access Cab. The salesman was confident at the time that he would be able to get it to his dealership as he said he could see that it hadn't even left the factory yet. Fast forward to today and he is now less than confident and claims the dealership that it was originally allotted to has not returned their calls so they have been unable to "work out a trade" with them.
I am getting impatient, but the thing is, it is the only one of its kind in the South East (I have also checked the Gulf and Cincinatti regions to no avail).
My options are:
1) Wait a week or two longer and see how it plays out.
2) Visit another dealer and get the same truck but in a crew cab - I really want an Access cab for the regular size bed, but don't want the total length of the extended base crew cab.
3) Visit another dealer and try to find a similar access cab but in a different color.
4) Your alternative suggestion here...
5) Buy a Chevy (Figured that'd get a good response).
I was really hoping that i would know something today as I was going to go ahead and call and order the Weathertech Mats as part of the group buy tomorrow.
To throw another wrench into the equation, I am trying to sell my car and someone is coming to look at it Thursday that says they will pay cash for it if the husband signs off on it, which will lead me to driving a loaner from my parents, a 1994 Chevy S10 until I get something new.