Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Should I settle, or be patient?

Old 03-22-2010, 06:28 PM   #1
ChaseUA is a jewel in the roughChaseUA is a jewel in the roughChaseUA is a jewel in the rough
Name: Chase
ChaseUA's Tacoma Gallery
Should I settle, or be patient?

I went last week and put the earnest money down on a 2010 MGM Access Cab. The salesman was confident at the time that he would be able to get it to his dealership as he said he could see that it hadn't even left the factory yet. Fast forward to today and he is now less than confident and claims the dealership that it was originally allotted to has not returned their calls so they have been unable to "work out a trade" with them.

I am getting impatient, but the thing is, it is the only one of its kind in the South East (I have also checked the Gulf and Cincinatti regions to no avail).

My options are:

1) Wait a week or two longer and see how it plays out.
2) Visit another dealer and get the same truck but in a crew cab - I really want an Access cab for the regular size bed, but don't want the total length of the extended base crew cab.
3) Visit another dealer and try to find a similar access cab but in a different color.
4) Your alternative suggestion here...
5) Buy a Chevy (Figured that'd get a good response).

I was really hoping that i would know something today as I was going to go ahead and call and order the Weathertech Mats as part of the group buy tomorrow.

To throw another wrench into the equation, I am trying to sell my car and someone is coming to look at it Thursday that says they will pay cash for it if the husband signs off on it, which will lead me to driving a loaner from my parents, a 1994 Chevy S10 until I get something new.
Old 03-22-2010, 06:31 PM   #2
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
I'd be patient, you will be making payments for a long time. Get what you want, even if it means waiting a week or two. Hey, driving an S-10 for a few weeks will just make you enjoy the truck when you get it!
Old 03-22-2010, 06:33 PM   #3
Snipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Snipe's Tacoma Gallery
All I know is if you compromise it will haunt you as long as you own what you ended up with
Old 03-22-2010, 06:37 PM   #4
Luc@z is on a distinguished road

Luc@z's Tacoma Gallery
+1. I think you should be patient and get the truck you want. However with that in mind, when I was looking I originally wanted an access cab, but ended up with a double cab short bed. I'm glad I have it now since I haul people a lot more than I do cargo.
Old 03-22-2010, 06:41 PM   #6
dog tired is a name known to alldog tired is a name known to alldog tired is a name known to alldog tired is a name known to alldog tired is a name known to alldog tired is a name known to all

Army: Infantry
dog tired's Tacoma Gallery
May be a sales ploy

if they don't come up with what you want buy a Ford
Old 03-22-2010, 06:52 PM   #7
shawnd2 is a glorious beacon of lightshawnd2 is a glorious beacon of lightshawnd2 is a glorious beacon of lightshawnd2 is a glorious beacon of lightshawnd2 is a glorious beacon of lightshawnd2 is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Shawn
shawnd2's Tacoma Gallery
I too would wait.
You'll have the truck for a long time, you might as well get exactly what you want.
I have an access cab. It's what I wanted at the time, however as life changes I have a feeling I'll wish I got a double cab, especially since I plan to keep it forever.

Shawn
Old 03-22-2010, 08:13 PM   #8
ChaseUA is a jewel in the roughChaseUA is a jewel in the roughChaseUA is a jewel in the rough
ChaseUA's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for all the feedback guys, I guess I will just be patient.

If they say that can't get it, I am going to ask them which dealership it is allotted to and I will contact them directly!

I don't think the dual cab will be something I need for the simple fact that I've owned my car 7 months now and only had the back seat sat in twice! And once was my wife because I was hauling something that wouldn't fit in the back-doors and it had to ride in the passenger side, haha.
Old 03-22-2010, 08:19 PM   #9
Waking the Dead is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaking the Dead is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaking the Dead is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaking the Dead is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaking the Dead is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaking the Dead is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaking the Dead is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaking the Dead is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaking the Dead is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaking the Dead is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaking the Dead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Waking the Dead's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseUA View Post
I am getting impatient, but the thing is, it is the only one of its kind in the South East.
What is so special about this truck that makes it the only one of its kind in the South East?
Old 03-22-2010, 08:28 PM   #10
surfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gregg
surfsupl's Tacoma Gallery
These trucks are totally worth the wait..............be patient............
Old 03-22-2010, 08:29 PM   #11
ChaseUA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waking the Dead View Post
What is so special about this truck that makes it the only one of its kind in the South East?
I guess it is just not a popular combination... 2010 MGM 4x4 Access Cab Auto w/TRD Sport...

There is 1 Access Cab with those options and 26 DC's in the Southeast!
Old 03-22-2010, 08:47 PM   #12
She's Fat, I'm Drunk, It's On.
05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed

05 TRD Sport's Tacoma Gallery
I wouldn't settle for less than what I originally wanted. Drive the S-10. Tell your dealer this is the only truck you'll accept and if they can't make it happen, you'll find one that will. Talk to another. What do they mean "they won't return calls"? Call during business hours and they'll pick up the phone. This how I got my truck. I used the 'build my truck' on Toyota's website, found the truck I wanted. It was destined for a life in Alabama and my dealer had it shipped straight here, it never went to Ala.
Old 03-22-2010, 08:52 PM   #13
ChaseUA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05 TRD Sport View Post
I wouldn't settle for less than what I originally wanted. Drive the S-10. Tell your dealer this is the only truck you'll accept and if they can't make it happen, you'll find one that will. Talk to another. What do they mean "they won't return calls"? Call during business hours and they'll pick up the phone. This how I got my truck. I used the 'build my truck' on Toyota's website, found the truck I wanted. It was destined for a life in Alabama and my dealer had it shipped straight here, it never went to Ala.

That is my plan. They state the vehicle is destined for South Florida and that my dealerships "trade guy" aka Internet Sales manager has called their "trade guy" Thursday, Friday & today and left messages but he will not return their calls.

The original plan was for them to have the truck shipped straight to them and voila I would have my truck. Now I'm impatiently waiting for them to give me the final word. If they say they can't get it, I am going to ask exactly which dealership is going to get it and I will contact them directly and try to purchase from them. I may end up with a one way plane ride to Miami, but I want this truck... The only thing is, with it being the only one, it could already be paid for/reserved by a customer at the dealership that is getting it?
Old 03-22-2010, 09:40 PM   #14
TJ Asher has a spectacular aura aboutTJ Asher has a spectacular aura aboutTJ Asher has a spectacular aura about

Name: TJ
TJ Asher's Tacoma Gallery
Unfortunately, if it was allocated to another dealership it may already be spoken for.

Access Cabs seem to be in very short supply. There were none in my area for a couple months. Finally found a dealer that had connections and was able to procure one for me but it had to be shipped in. Double Cabs all over the lot and they were offering good discounts since there were so many but I did not want a DC.

Be patient and get the truck you want. Don't settle for something else. You will always regret it.
Old 03-22-2010, 09:47 PM   #15
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Susan
ImpulseRed008's Tacoma Gallery
Wait for the one you want... drive the loaner you have until you get yours in.... more $ for mods or extra for a down payment
Old 03-22-2010, 10:19 PM   #16
Juiceman will become famous soon enough
Juiceman's Tacoma Gallery
I settled for an automatic when I really wanted a 6speed. I constantly think about it and im going on one year of ownership...don't settle!

I do think the exact truck you want is at my local dealership in Rhode Island. I went to buy some touch up paint today and I'm certain I saw that combo, would you like me to look?

It's a mile up the road at Balise in Warwick, Ri
Old 03-23-2010, 12:13 AM   #17
Black Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
Black Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Cool

Patience grasshopper.
Old 03-23-2010, 12:21 AM   #18
Not your average girl
yotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Small town firefighter EMT
Name: Katie
yotanator's Tacoma Gallery
Yea, be patient, and don't settle unless it's the exact truck you want. And if you have any questions dealing with sales people, just PM me. I know the business well
Old 03-23-2010, 12:57 AM   #19
c.tripp is on a distinguished road
Name: Cody
c.tripp's Tacoma Gallery
yea be patient my mgm access cab was SUPER hard to find with everything i wanted, went to a couple different dealerships and they were only able to locate one in northern california which resulted in 2 different dealerships fighting for my sale which equals a better price!

but yes the TRD sport is very hard to get ahold of in mgm, i was looking all over for one, but had to settle for a sr5, i also opted for the 6sp which was also hard to come by...
Old 03-23-2010, 01:44 AM   #20
05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ken
05sctaco's Tacoma Gallery
You ever think about buying out of state and just getting it shipped to you???? Also have you ever used a broker?