Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2010 Tacoma DC 4x4 TRD OR

Old 03-22-2010, 05:54 PM   #1
NickCat11 is on a distinguished road
NickCat11's Tacoma Gallery
2010 Tacoma DC 4x4 TRD OR

Hello Everyone,

I know this has been beaten to death but I'm just looking for some opinions. I am getting a new Tacoma (specs in title) on Saturday. The dealership I went to didn't have the color so they are getting it in Saturday. Before I purchase the truck (sign the final papers) should I ask them to do the transmission flash and the harsh ride upgrade before finalizing? What do you think? Thanks in advance.
Old 03-22-2010, 06:00 PM   #2
Blackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mike
Blackshirts's Tacoma Gallery
Just make sure that the TSB has been done. Do a search and read up on it before you go in and look over the truck. If all looks good.... Go and enjoy your new Taco..

And welcome to TW.

Old 03-22-2010, 06:03 PM   #3
harvick29 is on a distinguished road
harvick29's Tacoma Gallery
ask and demand, hit another dealer and see if they would do it for you, i ended up getting a it done, along with a bunch of freebies, by going toyota agait toyota, your spending the money, and they want your buisness, metion you looked at other makes, and the issues that toyota is having. i used all of it to get a the truck i wanted. aks about the accessories. ask about tailgate lock, ect, see what you can get for free, good luck
Old 03-22-2010, 06:06 PM   #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackshirts View Post
Just make sure that the TSB has been done. Do a search and read up on it before you go in and look over the truck. If all looks good.... Go and enjoy your new Taco..

And welcome to TW.

I'm assuming you mean both TSB's, correct?
Old 03-22-2010, 06:10 PM   #5
Blackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mike
Blackshirts's Tacoma Gallery
If I am wrong someone correct me. The driveshaft is what you are talking about for the 4X4s right. I am not sure but that might be a recall and im sure they would of fixed that before the sell of the Taco. Second the TSB is for the 2010 is for the leaf springs. And I am sure they have fixed that too. But I would make sure.
Old 03-22-2010, 06:17 PM   #6
grivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
grivera's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackshirts View Post
If I am wrong someone correct me. The driveshaft is what you are talking about for the 4X4s right. I am not sure but that might be a recall and im sure they would of fixed that before the sell of the Taco. Second the TSB is for the 2010 is for the leaf springs. And I am sure they have fixed that too. But I would make sure.
Outside of using it as a negotiation tool during the purchase, a dealer will not perform a TSB problem unless the customer complains of the specific problem covered by said TSB.
Old 03-22-2010, 06:24 PM   #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by grivera View Post
Outside of using it as a negotiation tool during the purchase, a dealer will not perform a TSB problem unless the customer complains of the specific problem covered by said TSB.
So what do you think I should do? Is there a possibility that both things have been done or since it's a new truck most likely not?
Old 03-22-2010, 06:34 PM   #8
trd09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chuck
trd09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickCat11 View Post
So what do you think I should do? Is there a possibility that both things have been done or since it's a new truck most likely not?
Make it a term of the sale.

The rear leaf tsb should be easy because just say you haul heavy loads frequently and you need the part.

The tranny tsb takes less than an hour so worst comes to worst get it done down the road if they resist (and it's not horrible before the upgrade either).

Get the truck and enjoy it!
Old 03-22-2010, 06:46 PM   #9
Swell Taco is on a distinguished road
Swell Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I'm in the same boat. Picking up my new AC TRD OR this Sat. Read all the other threads regarding the tran & spring TSB's; they are very good. I'm going to drive it for a bit and determine if those items need to be addressed. Not all new tacos are lemons....good luck!