1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Satoshi mod for under 20 bucks?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by THExBUSxDRIVER, Mar 22, 2010.

1. Mar 22, 2010 at 9:20 PM
    THExBUSxDRIVER

THExBUSxDRIVER [OP] Victory is reserved...

Member:
    First Name:
    GOO5E
    Vehicle:
    Old Man Tan!
    Not enough.
    So this is my weekend project starting fri. But I have a question tell what you guys think. Keep in mind I will be using klipps method.

Being broke sucks especially when the mod bug bites you. I looked around the net for some mesh but it was all too pricey for me right now. So I decided to visit a local metal shop in search of some perforated metal or maybe even expanded metal. The perforated they had was a bit ugly with too much spacing between the holes so I went with the expanded sheet instead, which is also a bit ugly but hey lol.

Heres a pic with my keys on the sheet so you guys can see the size.
    [​IMG]

Im going to clean it up with some diesel and spray it black. Also it is flat pressed.

I figured I didnt need an "official" grille to get this done because after all, its supposed to be "custom" :D, and this sheet only cost me
    $12. Although it is a bit heavier I think it will turn out good, I just need to add more bolt mounts for extra support.

So watcha guys think?

2. Mar 22, 2010 at 9:42 PM
    ilg

ilg VanCity Taco.

Member:
    BC, Canada
    Vehicle:
    09 MGM TRD O/R 4x4 6-Spd
    WeatherTechs, Yellow Fogs, Alpine X-100 iPod Stereo, Custom Seat Covers, Debadged, Locking Bed Compartments, Black Front Toyota Emblem, AVS Vent Visors, Colour Matched Grill, TRD Shift Knob, Eagle Alloy 187s in 16x8 wrapped in 265/75/R16 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, Black Chrome TRD Badge on Tailgate, Black Rear Bumper, 8 in shorty antenna, 5100s @ 2.5.
    I have a few buddies that have used this for making grills on their "pre" tacomas. It actually does not look that bad once it's painted up. You just might have to touch it up once or twice a year, as it does have the tendency to rust, especially once it gets a few paint chips in it.

Good luck!

3. Mar 22, 2010 at 10:03 PM
    Mondwa

Mondwa Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    08 V6 Tacoma
    remote start, Allpro bumper, Slimchubby HID, MetalMiller custom Emblem
    I know that money is a issue but what about using something like rino lining/powder coating? a little thicker paint might make it not chip and make the holes a little smaller. I dont know but that is what i would do

4. Mar 22, 2010 at 10:31 PM
    stenyeart

stenyeart Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Lewiston, Idaho
    Vehicle:
    06 DC TRD OR SWB
    3" Toytec Lift w/ AAL, TRD CAI, Leer 700 Series, Hypertech Speedo Calibrator, Locker Anytime Mod, LR UCA's, OEM Roof Rack, Satoshi grill with Devil Horns Emblem, USA Spec PA-15 Toy Ipod Integration, Redline Tuning Hood Struts and EZ Down Tailgate.
    I used the duplicolor rattle can bedliner on my grille mesh. It holds up better than regular spray paint and has a rough finish to it. It is around 6-8 bucks a can. I used it on the grille mesh as well as the plastic around the grille.

5. Mar 23, 2010 at 12:44 AM
    THExBUSxDRIVER

THExBUSxDRIVER [OP] Victory is reserved...

Member:
    First Name:
    GOO5E
    Vehicle:
    Old Man Tan!
    Not enough.
    Thanks hope it comes out right.

Yea I would do that if funds where a little higher lol

I'll look for that. Im thinkin the more coats the better right?

Products Discussed in

To Top