Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Getting bored with the Tacoma

Old 04-25-2008, 06:49 PM   #1
wrxed96 is on a distinguished road
wrxed96's Tacoma Gallery
Getting bored with the Tacoma

I've had my 06 TRD Sport for about 2 1/2 years now and I know I really should keep it. I'm just really bored with it. I will post what may be a few parting pictures tomorrow. I really need some motivation to keep it. I need the towing and the space, please help keep me from the awful SUV's.
Old 04-25-2008, 06:54 PM   #2
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
Have you done any mods?
Old 04-25-2008, 06:55 PM   #3
Come on, Touch it......
ChrisDeSoup will become famous soon enough

ChrisDeSoup's Tacoma Gallery
Sell it then! Go buy an Expedition or Excursion (sp) and cry when you have to pay $150 to fill the tank. The resale value is great on a 2006 and they can't sell those suckers.
Old 04-25-2008, 06:55 PM   #4
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
Post some pics of your Taco man, i bet there are a lots of things to do to her to make it look better
Old 04-25-2008, 07:01 PM   #6
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
You'll never know what you have until it's gone, we are just trying to tell you now, you have the best truck, find another toy or hobby to put your boredom into.
Old 04-25-2008, 07:42 PM   #7
camsbored has a spectacular aura aboutcamsbored has a spectacular aura aboutcamsbored has a spectacular aura about

camsbored's Tacoma Gallery
If you've got the R32 then you've already got your fun! I traded my GLI for a Tacoma this week... and I already miss it. If you're lucky enough to have both and are still bored, maybe you should drive the R32 a little more...
Old 04-25-2008, 07:53 PM   #8
Lane Cypert is a jewel in the roughLane Cypert is a jewel in the roughLane Cypert is a jewel in the rough
Lane Cypert's Tacoma Gallery
Trust me and keep the Tacoma! I bought my first Tacoma which was a new 2005 white SR5 access cab 4wd when the first came out in 2005. I put about 55,000 miles on the truck in 2 years and I thought a Camry would be a wise choice. I thought I didn't need a truck and could get much better gas mileage on a camry. While the Camry did get great gas mileage I was missing the Tacoma less than a month after buying the Camry. I had the new camry 10 months and decided and of course last month I had to buy another new Tacoma. I bought a new 2008 double cab TRD Sport and I am going to make the wise choice and keep this truck for many years to come!
Old 04-25-2008, 10:10 PM   #9
iwc3714 will become famous soon enough
iwc3714's Tacoma Gallery
You could always get a fj cruiser.
Old 04-25-2008, 10:29 PM   #10
Zoom-Zoom
gdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud of

gdawg25's Tacoma Gallery
Get a Nissan GTR, pussy!
Old 04-26-2008, 04:30 AM   #11
centurion is on a distinguished road
centurion's Tacoma Gallery
Like someone else has said, supercharge that baby, toss on a good exhaust, and you'll be putting down the same horses as a V8
Old 04-26-2008, 05:22 AM   #12
bigwoodsman is a glorious beacon of lightbigwoodsman is a glorious beacon of lightbigwoodsman is a glorious beacon of lightbigwoodsman is a glorious beacon of lightbigwoodsman is a glorious beacon of light

bigwoodsman's Tacoma Gallery
i was bored once=big mistake

hey,to all ,if you get bored with your tacoma don,t do what i did a few years back,had a tacoma 2005 with a manual tranny in it ,got stuck in a bad traffic jam one day and decided i was tired of shifting, so one weekend i went and traded it in on a 2006 hyundai sante fe with the 3.5 liter gas hog that hyundai says you will get 23 mpg highway,well how about 18 mpg,had it back 3 times and couldnt fine a thing wrong so they came up with the driving style being the problem,so i really sat down and though to myself you know you owned toyota trucks most of your life and loved each and everyone of them what the hell was i thinking in the traffic jam that day,carbon monoxide poisoning i guess made me think stupid,well i am back in the saddle again, i bought a 2008 taco access cab 4x4 with a 2.7 liter manual tranny,ooo i also am carrying a gas mask in my truck for when i get caught in traffic jams from now on .to all you taco fans out there,i am 54 years of age and hope to still be driving this truck when i am retired
Old 04-26-2008, 05:45 AM   #13
Cburt is on a distinguished road
Cburt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
"Like someone else has said, supercharge that baby, toss on a good exhaust, and you'll be putting down the same horses as a V8"
Your already making as much HP as a v8.
Sold my 02 Dodge Ram w/ the 360 engne and was surprised that my new Tacoma makes more HP. That Dodge was a dog on the hwy, and wouldn't get out of its own way. Might be because it weighed as much as 2 Tacoma's.
Old 04-26-2008, 06:40 AM   #14
M2M will become famous soon enough

M2M's Tacoma Gallery
better to be bored with a truck than with your wife !!!!!!
Old 04-26-2008, 07:10 AM   #15
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
It's safe to say that most folks who bought a Tacoma (including you?) have done so after suffering through the cost and frustration of their previous vehicle choices. People who own Tacomas are generally envied by the very people who own the vehicles you're considering! The grass is green right under your feet my friend.
Old 04-26-2008, 07:24 AM   #16
armstrsm is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmstrsm is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmstrsm is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmstrsm is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmstrsm is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmstrsm is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmstrsm is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmstrsm is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmstrsm is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmstrsm is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmstrsm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Aviator...Four Fans Of Freedom
Name: Sean
armstrsm's Tacoma Gallery
Man I gotta tell ive almost had my Yota for a year now....It may not have been the best descision money wise...But it was what i wanted so i ran with it..07 Double Cab 4x4..I cant tell you how happy i am with it. People come up to me all the time asking how much i like it cause they want one ...Its a great feeling cause i used to be one of those people...Ill drive this thing till the wheels fall off...then ill put'em back on...And keep driving!!
Old 04-26-2008, 07:53 AM   #17
no_werries will become famous soon enough

no_werries's Tacoma Gallery
Supercharger, 12 inch lift with 45" Tires, Big old grill guard, and a machine gun turret mounted in the back bed for hunting, then you can be the biggest meanest badest son of a motha motha that ever drove around on the face of this earth!
Old 04-26-2008, 08:00 AM   #18
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgerunner View Post
It's safe to say that most folks who bought a Tacoma (including you?) have done so after suffering through the cost and frustration of their previous vehicle choices. People who own Tacomas are generally envied by the very people who own the vehicles you're considering! The grass is green right under your feet my friend.
That's an accurate assumption. I'm a long time Ford guy but owned an '05 Altima prior to the Tacoma. First, I wanted to get back into a truck. Second, I was sick of all the problems I had with the Altima (covered under warranty, though). So I made the decision to go with Toyota for the first time last summer and here I am, very happy with decision.

No, the grass is not always greener on the other side. Sometimes the grass is trampled by the bad vehicle decisions of people like myself.
Old 04-26-2008, 12:46 PM   #19
wrxed96 is on a distinguished road
wrxed96's Tacoma Gallery
I really just want something a little bit nicer, maybe a few more creature comforts. I will not be buying anything American, I am somewhat sorry to say. I attached a picture and I already have a Borla exhaust. I also have thought about a supercharger, but it wont make the truck any more comfortable. I did go and test drive a VW Touareg today, to bad I cant afford the V10 Turbo Diesel w/ 553 ft/lbs for 72K. I had an 03 Tacoma and I thought that was a MUCH better truck. Anyone have any good ideas of a midsize SUV that can still go offroad and tow?
Attached Thumbnails
Getting bored with the Tacoma-truck.jpg  
Old 04-26-2008, 12:51 PM   #20
JTDTacoma is on a distinguished road
JTDTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
how bout a loaded 4Runner?