1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

My Suspension TSB Experience

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Freelance, Mar 24, 2010.

1. Mar 24, 2010 at 7:33 PM
    Freelance

Freelance [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Curtis
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle:
    07 DC PreRunner SR5
    Wanted to make one of my first posts on the boards a potentially helpful one. Maybe some can gain from my experience. Noticed someone else on another TSB thread asking if anyone has had the work performed out of warranty. Well, yes and no.

I have a 2007 DC TRD 4x2, with just over 55k on her. I purchased it CPO back in November of last year, with the extended "Platinum" warranty and all that good stuff. I originally brought the truck in Monday (3/22) to have my keyless remote reprogrammed, when I also inquired about a "harsh" ride when my motorcycle is loaded (300-400lbs). Service tech said that they needed to "inspect" everything to see if I qualify, and then call "Toyota Extra Care" to see if my extended warranty covers the TSB.

According to the tech, my warranty (7yr/100,000mile) does not cover the TSB. However, he had the repairs covered after claiming to Extra Care that it was a part "failure". He then tells me that they are covering the parts and labor to have just the leaf springs replaced, but not the alignment needed thereafter ($89). I called Extra Care to dispute, and had one rep tell me that any repair requiring an alignment is covered completely. Went back and forth with the dealer and EC who both claimed the opposite, and finally just said screw it. Paid for the alignment, while my extended warranty covered the $1,500 or so for new 4 pack leaf springs. Not to mention the $55 to reprogram my remote.

Rides and sits so much better now. Like I feel it should from the factory. On a side note, I also inquired about the weak/bent tailgate. However, Extra Care stated that the extended warranty not only does not cover TSB's, but also any body "damage".

Sorry for the long post. I've spent months gathering some very helpful information on these boards, and wanted to try and provide the same in return for anyone in the same boat.
    Speed safe! :wave:

2. Mar 25, 2010 at 6:49 AM
    toast

toast Well-Known Member

Member:
    Good to know, I'm at 25K after only 1yr and was going to just purchase the platinum warranty and worry about it later. Good thing I took it in this week and got the springs ordered already :D

I would have been pissed!

3. Mar 25, 2010 at 10:15 AM
    Fabulous

Fabulous Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Fabian
    Calgary, AB
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma double-cab TRD Sport
    TRD Pro grill and fog lights, Toytec Boss lift, 265/70-17 Duratracs on 17 x 8.5 FN Verge wheels, LEER canopy, 30% tinted front windows.
    How is it that your extra care plan covered it, and both the dealership and Toyota Canada told me to F off because my ECP does not cover leaf springs, only shocks?? That is bloody annoying to me! They said they would happily install the new springs/ shocks for me, but at $2200 Canadian. Now I'm thinking I should just buy some toytec AAL's and some 5100 and call it a day...

4. Mar 25, 2010 at 1:08 PM
    meckleystephen

meckleystephen My Taco is Bi-Winning!!!!!!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephen
    York, PA
    Vehicle:
    2013 Toyota Tacoma Off Road
    3 Inch Toytec lift,Blacked out badges
    55 dollars to reprogram a remote is expensive i was at a ford dealership with my buddy once and saw him program the remote in under a minute

5. Mar 25, 2010 at 4:14 PM
    GTTaco

GTTaco Member

Member:
    So Cal
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Sport Prerunner Speedway Blue!
    Not yet
    I have gone through the same ordeal with my, now totaled, Tacoma. I showed the TSB for the leaf springs and Tailgate to the dealer and back and forth we go. Once all said and done, it felt Much better and loading my dirtbike wasn't so stressful.

Products Discussed in

To Top