Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Modding Taillights

Old 03-25-2010, 12:51 AM   #1
I Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I Liquid I's Tacoma Gallery
Modding Taillights

So has anyone here modded their taillights. I don't mean painting with Nightshades or tinting, I mean opening them like with BHLM and doing something to them.

I dont like the pinkish color that there is in some parts of the original 05 lights and ive been thinking about a way to clear it. Any suggestions?
Old 03-25-2010, 12:59 AM   #3
ROLLIN ON RUST
senor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
senor taco's Tacoma Gallery
I've seen some one paint the 05-08 lights candy red they looked great.I'm sure some one has pics and will chime in.
Old 03-25-2010, 01:04 AM   #4
I Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by senor taco View Post
I've seen some one paint the 05-08 lights candy red they looked great.I'm sure some one has pics and will chime in.
That sounds interesting.
Old 03-25-2010, 01:10 AM   #6
Mod'n on a Budget
1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ty
1BlkT's Tacoma Gallery
Ya don't waste your time doing the btlm like the bhlm...I did it and it was a complete pain. I'd link you to my thread but I'm posting from an itouch right now, sorry
Old 03-25-2010, 01:13 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BlkT View Post
Ya don't waste your time doing the btlm like the bhlm...I did it and it was a complete pain. I'd link you to my thread but I'm posting from an itouch right now, sorry
Found your thread. That looks very clean and nice. Did you have to clear the outside plastic?
Old 03-25-2010, 01:17 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by senor taco View Post
That candy color looks interesting, but not quite my cup of tea I think. I imagined it differently.

The blacking out of the taillights looks nice though, its good to see that pinkish color gone.
Old 03-25-2010, 01:50 AM   #10
I like ze best!
Rhino8541 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRhino8541 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRhino8541 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRhino8541 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRhino8541 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRhino8541 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRhino8541 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRhino8541 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRhino8541 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRhino8541 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRhino8541 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rhino8541's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BlkT View Post
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...-mod-btlm.html

I'm still tempted to get those black LED's and just fix the chrome piece thats in there.