LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Making that toolbox fit

Old 03-25-2010, 06:37 AM   #1
comiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
comiesutra's Tacoma Gallery
Making that toolbox fit

I have been going in circles about what toolbox to buy and settled on the $150 Kobalt at Lowes, but then last night found a black UWS for sale locally at $125. After some research and 1:1 model making I came to the realization that the box would not fit. Disappointed I started searching around here in the threads and came across cmouse's solution

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ml#post1315558

So my question is this: Is the UWS box worth going through the extra steps to copy cmouse or should I just buy the kobalt box and call it a day?

No matter what toolbox I end up with, it's main function will be a place for me to store my stuff and get it out of the cab.
Old 03-25-2010, 11:39 AM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Plenty of people on here have UWS toolboxes, so they definitely make one that fits the Tacos. Hold out for one that actually fits in the bed.
Old 03-25-2010, 11:53 AM   #3
c2thegreat is a jewel in the roughc2thegreat is a jewel in the roughc2thegreat is a jewel in the rough

Army: Infantry
c2thegreat's Tacoma Gallery
If you have a regular cab the kobalt should fit with no modification. Cmouse's problem was he had a double cab short bed.
Old 03-25-2010, 11:59 AM   #4
comiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
comiesutra's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the input, I think I will stick with the Kobalt and some paint.

For those that bought the Kobalt box at Lowes, where are the J Hooks? I can not find them in the hardware section and the associate there looked at me like I was speaking Chinese when I asked...