Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

BFG C load vs E load...too rough?

Old 03-25-2010, 12:03 PM   #1
mtmtx is on a distinguished road
mtmtx's Tacoma Gallery
BFG C load vs E load...too rough?

I am ready to purchase the 275/70/17's for my dc, standing in line actually, and the boys at Discount Tire start telling me how horrible the ride will be on a less than half-ton truck. I ran E load tires on my Chevy's in the past with no issues...thoughts from those of you running the 10 plys?
Old 03-25-2010, 12:12 PM   #2
NWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NWtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
duno i got c load bfg...theyre smooth as butta
Old 03-25-2010, 12:16 PM   #3
SpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SpaceMonkey's Tacoma Gallery
Too much for this light truck. Stick with C rated.
Old 03-25-2010, 12:50 PM   #4
Silver_Taco is a name known to allSilver_Taco is a name known to allSilver_Taco is a name known to allSilver_Taco is a name known to allSilver_Taco is a name known to allSilver_Taco is a name known to all

Navy:
Silver_Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I run e-rated BFGs ... they're a little stiff but certainly not the "it'll jar your delicate bones" pansy comments you see about them. If you don't wear a skirt or pee sittin down, they're fine.
Old 03-25-2010, 12:53 PM   #5
AKA "06tacosport"
Lunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beth
Lunercrab's Tacoma Gallery
i got e load duratracs only cause i got a great deal on em' for my 2010 dcab...so far it rides really nice...actually truck seems alittle more solid, i can barely feel my bed bouncing around in the back, but it could just be my imagination...
Old 03-25-2010, 01:09 PM   #6
mtmtx's Tacoma Gallery
per BFG, the 275's only come in the E rating...trying to get as much width and wheel-well fill as I can...thinking I will continue to pee upright
Old 03-25-2010, 01:10 PM   #7
lizard1 is on a distinguished road
lizard1's Tacoma Gallery
10 ply TIRES

I run E rated - 10 ply - BF GOODRICH AT ko's. Firm riding tire and very happy with them. No jarring or rough riding as people expect. My suspension is stock except for the rear leaf TSB.
Most of my driving (80%) is city. When off road though - sharp, rocky terrain, the heavier duty tire ensures confidence with tread stability and wear. I DON'T carry heavy loads frequently although I do have a camper shell - maybe 200 lbs. I would rather have a firmer ride on the street - which translates to a perfect ride in the desert. The tire exceeds my expectations .

Good luck with your decision and hope I helped
Old 03-25-2010, 01:18 PM   #8
mtmtx's Tacoma Gallery
thanks for the feedback...exactly what I was looking for! I have the tsb rear and 5100s @ 1.75 in the front (which makes it pretty firm already). I am guessing this will be fine for me but may lead to some grief from my better half...
Old 03-26-2010, 10:41 AM   #11
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
I pee standing up and find the E load rated BFGs a bit too rough riding. I will be going back to C rating next time.
Old 03-26-2010, 11:13 AM   #12
If I had a hammer...
XSB41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedXSB41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedXSB41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedXSB41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedXSB41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedXSB41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedXSB41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedXSB41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedXSB41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedXSB41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedXSB41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 1/327th 101st ABN
Name: Rik
XSB41's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06tacosport View Post
i got e load duratracs only cause i got a great deal on em' for my 2010 dcab...so far it rides really nice...actually truck seems alittle more solid, i can barely feel my bed bouncing around in the back, but it could just be my imagination...
Same set up on my DC w/ basically the same results; maybe a tad stiffer ride, but beats the spongey ride from the stock Dunnies on there before, and did outstanding in snow and slush...
Old 03-26-2010, 11:17 AM   #13
Silver_Taco is a name known to allSilver_Taco is a name known to allSilver_Taco is a name known to allSilver_Taco is a name known to allSilver_Taco is a name known to allSilver_Taco is a name known to all

Navy:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmcq View Post
I pee standing up and find the E load rated BFGs a bit too rough riding. I will be going back to C rating next time.

Hey, I don't blame ya. Everyone has their own opinion... "a bit too rough" is different than "it hurts my vagina, I'm buying a moped". It's certainly a stiffer ride and some don't care for that - but i think you would probably agree that it's not terrible as some make it out to be.

Guess it's all about how you like the ride.
Old 03-26-2010, 11:18 AM   #14
WTF
1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future

1TUFFTRD's Tacoma Gallery
theres nothing your truck will do to need e load?
Old 03-26-2010, 11:21 AM   #15

Navy:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1TUFFTRD View Post
theres nothing your truck will do to need e load?

is that a question or a statement?

If it's a question, no - there's probably nothing to justify the e-rating. But, I got a smoooookin deal on them and they're the only snow rated BFG in 285. Oh, and I got a smoooooookin deal on them. $635 shipped
Old 03-26-2010, 11:27 AM   #16
WTF
1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future

1TUFFTRD's Tacoma Gallery
...statement!!
Old 03-26-2010, 11:36 AM   #17

Navy:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1TUFFTRD View Post
...statement!!

oh!! thanks for the input!! I like 'em and might want to go riding in lava fields!! thanks again!!
Old 03-26-2010, 12:40 PM   #18
T0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T0LLPHR33's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to T0LLPHR33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver_Taco View Post
oh!! thanks for the input!! I like 'em and might want to go riding in lava fields!! thanks again!!
you haven't scene lava fields till you see em on the big island...KONA side...

Old 03-26-2010, 12:59 PM   #19
nvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nvdeserted's Tacoma Gallery
I have the BFG AT E load. No issues. Go with it.
Old 03-30-2010, 05:25 PM   #20
ah2010tacoma is on a distinguished road
Name: Andy
ah2010tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmtx View Post
thanks for the feedback...exactly what I was looking for! I have the tsb rear and 5100s @ 1.75 in the front (which makes it pretty firm already). I am guessing this will be fine for me but may lead to some grief from my better half...
Did you end up getting the 275/70/17 bfg's? When it comes time to need tires I was thinking of this same setup. I haven't seen anybody running the 275/70s with the 5100s at 1.75. If so do they rub at all and what wheels do you have?