Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Roof Rack Poll

View Poll Results: Which Roof Rack is the BEST?
OEM 592 44.34%
THULE 256 19.18%
YAKIMA 265 19.85%
CUSTOM 108 8.09%
OTHER 114 8.54%
Voters: 1335. You may not vote on this poll

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-08-2013, 03:27 PM   #441
Must go to Mountains, Desert
Crom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr. Sir
Crom's Tacoma Gallery
I really enjoy the versatility of putting items on the roof. Here are some recent pics.

I have a flat utility Bajarack on the cab and Yakima bars on the truck topper.

The yakima bars hold a section of ABS pipe with Kodiak tent poles inside, two aluminum Flex One Folding Chairs, and a Road Shower.

The Bajarack holds my 75 Watt solar array, Three burner Camp Chef Expedition stove (90K BTU!), BBQ Box, a 10x10 popup canopy, and dual band ham antenna

In this picture we were on our way out of the campground.

Traveled over 1,000 miles round trip with no issues.
Old 09-13-2013, 11:34 PM   #443
05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luis
05Aztacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluethrophy View Post
Front Runner and Baja Rack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluethrophy View Post
The poles are for the floor jack skid also on the baja rack. I'll try to show a better picture.

I need to work on a build thread.
Any updates or build thread yet?
Old 09-18-2013, 08:22 PM   #445
Costa09 is on a distinguished road

Name: John
Costa09's Tacoma Gallery
Looking at the baja rack utility (low profile) version. Does it come with light mounting locations for the front and rear? I kinda tossing the idea of getting a rack again. For all who own the low profile did yours have the lights mounting holes? And for the owners of the standard rack, is baja's light housing they sale that connects to the rack worth the money($200)??
Old 10-07-2013, 11:41 AM   #446
Must go to Mountains, Desert
Crom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr. Sir
Crom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Damn , nice set up Crom
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Costa09 View Post
Looking at the baja rack utility (low profile) version. Does it come with light mounting locations for the front and rear? I kinda tossing the idea of getting a rack again. For all who own the low profile did yours have the lights mounting holes?
Light tabs were special order item. $15.00 for each tab. I use mine to mount antennas.
Old 10-07-2013, 05:05 PM   #447
Mama didn't raise no fool
slaphappy has a brilliant futureslaphappy has a brilliant futureslaphappy has a brilliant futureslaphappy has a brilliant futureslaphappy has a brilliant futureslaphappy has a brilliant futureslaphappy has a brilliant futureslaphappy has a brilliant futureslaphappy has a brilliant futureslaphappy has a brilliant futureslaphappy has a brilliant future

Air Force: Veteran
Name: Travis
slaphappy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crom View Post

Awesome looking rig!
Old 11-26-2013, 03:16 PM   #449
Listen More that Speak... Answer When Asked
NorthRoad is on a distinguished road

Canadian Army: Troop Commander _ Armoured Recce; Battle Tanks
NorthRoad's Tacoma Gallery
Front Runner Slimline II

Went with a Front Runner Slimline II.
Purchased from dealer on this site; Overland.

Great quality rack... very solid. Side rails are beefy!
Install was slick. Efficient 'track and grove' system for bolting on accessories

I'm happy ... but strangely REALLY need lights ... NOW !!!
Attached Thumbnails
Roof Rack Poll-photo-5.jpg   Roof Rack Poll-photo-6.jpg  
Old 11-29-2013, 04:09 PM   #450
FXHO is on a distinguished road

Name: Luis
FXHO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthRoad View Post

Install was slick. Efficient 'track and grove' system for bolting on accessories

nice. hey where did you get that grill from?
Old 12-01-2013, 08:11 AM   #451
MACHINE is on a distinguished road

MACHINE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Looks great. Any side profile shots?
Old 12-03-2013, 02:30 PM   #452
Listen More that Speak... Answer When Asked
NorthRoad is on a distinguished road

Canadian Army: Troop Commander _ Armoured Recce; Battle Tanks
NorthRoad's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FXHO View Post
nice. hey where did you get that grill from?
Grillcraft... just pealed the badge off
http://www.grillcraft.com/applicatio...ta_Tacoma.aspx

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACHINE View Post
Looks great. Any side profile shots?
Closest I've got for now.
Attached Thumbnails
Roof Rack Poll-photo-4.jpg  
Old 12-03-2013, 06:58 PM   #453
MACHINE is on a distinguished road

MACHINE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Grillcraft... just pealed the badge off
http://www.grillcraft.com/applicatio...ta_Tacoma.aspx

Closest I've got for now.
Looks good, thanks.
Old 12-30-2013, 10:27 PM   #454
uscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: AMT3 kodiak 60T jayhawks
Name: coby
uscg2008's Tacoma Gallery
Got this simple one from usrack. Going to be putting it together tomorrow. Nothing special but it will do the job, I didn't need anything to crazy.

Old 12-31-2013, 11:07 PM   #455
uscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: AMT3 kodiak 60T jayhawks
Name: coby
uscg2008's Tacoma Gallery
Finally got around to mounting my roof rack. Came out good. Next is to make mounts for my fuel cans, get shovel and axe mounts and finally some led bars for the left, right and rear

It's nice to be able to use the over head crane in the hangar. Made life a lot easier.

Old 01-16-2014, 10:00 PM   #456
DryCreek has a brilliant futureDryCreek has a brilliant futureDryCreek has a brilliant futureDryCreek has a brilliant futureDryCreek has a brilliant futureDryCreek has a brilliant futureDryCreek has a brilliant futureDryCreek has a brilliant futureDryCreek has a brilliant futureDryCreek has a brilliant futureDryCreek has a brilliant future

DryCreek's Tacoma Gallery
Subd........I think I am going to be needing this tread for future purchase.
Old 01-17-2014, 05:20 AM   #457
OverPar is on a distinguished road
Name: Dirt Guy
OverPar's Tacoma Gallery

Use the OEM rack as side rails. Thule crossbars. Already had the Thule CBs and wanted the clearance b/w the roof and 'stuff' on top provided w/this set up. Mainly extras for trips, camping etc go up there. Also wanted to utilize a fairing. Anything heavier (give or take +100lbs) goes in the bed or on a trailer (eventually).
Old 01-17-2014, 05:21 AM   #458
OverPar is on a distinguished road
Name: Dirt Guy
OverPar's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome set up Crom, btw
Old 01-17-2014, 07:20 AM   #460
Certified Mall Crawling Instructor
SwanksTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwanksTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwanksTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwanksTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwanksTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwanksTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwanksTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwanksTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwanksTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwanksTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwanksTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter:
Name: Steven
SwanksTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChamYota View Post
OEM Roof rack plus this:

Yakima Megawarrior rack..

Can you post more pictures? I want to do this too but want to see how it looks. Truck looks great by the way

Products Discussed in this Thread