1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Lower Grille

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by stenyeart, Mar 26, 2010.

1. Mar 26, 2010 at 11:55 PM
    stenyeart

stenyeart [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Lewiston, Idaho
    Vehicle:
    06 DC TRD OR SWB
    3" Toytec Lift w/ AAL, TRD CAI, Leer 700 Series, Hypertech Speedo Calibrator, Locker Anytime Mod, LR UCA's, OEM Roof Rack, Satoshi grill with Devil Horns Emblem, USA Spec PA-15 Toy Ipod Integration, Redline Tuning Hood Struts and EZ Down Tailgate.
    Anyone looked into or tried the Satoshi mod on their lower grille?

2. Mar 27, 2010 at 12:10 AM
    ColtsTRD

ColtsTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    never seen it done but that'd be badass...i'm doin my satoshi this weekend...might try doing the lower one while i'm at it

3. Mar 27, 2010 at 12:12 AM
    Bullzi511Tacoma06

Bullzi511Tacoma06 KCCO

Member:
    Southeast Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    2016 MGM Doublecab SR5
    I am hoping that by the time I get to do my upper, somebody will be figuring out how to do the lower :wink:

4. Mar 27, 2010 at 12:12 AM
    stenyeart

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Lewiston, Idaho
    Vehicle:
    06 DC TRD OR SWB
    3" Toytec Lift w/ AAL, TRD CAI, Leer 700 Series, Hypertech Speedo Calibrator, Locker Anytime Mod, LR UCA's, OEM Roof Rack, Satoshi grill with Devil Horns Emblem, USA Spec PA-15 Toy Ipod Integration, Redline Tuning Hood Struts and EZ Down Tailgate.
    I did my Satoshi today and I just got to thinking about it. I used Duplicor rattle can bedliner to paint the plastic around the grille mesh. I really like the way it turned out. I also sprayed my grille mesh with it.

5. Mar 27, 2010 at 12:13 AM
    stenyeart

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Lewiston, Idaho
    Vehicle:
    06 DC TRD OR SWB
    I think I will try to do it, I will have to order some more grille mesh and I will do a write up on it. If no one beats me to it, that is.

6. Mar 27, 2010 at 12:59 AM
    1BlkT

1BlkT Mod'n on a Budget

Member:
    First Name:
    Ty
    Vehicle:
    2006 Black Sport Double Cab
    Allied 4'' Spindles, Sway A Way 2.5 Coilovers, Donahoe Remote Reservoir Shocks w/ Deaver 11Pack Leafs, Goodyear Duratrac 285's, Pro Comp Series 8128, Recessed Grill w/Hella 500's behind, Tint, Black TRD Skid Plate, Debadged, Tailgate Hose Clamp, Weathertech Mats, Aero Turbine 2525XL Exhaust, Volant Intake, RETRO'D Headlights by Yosh2000
    It's been done. I think TOLLPHR33 has it done, either way I know I've seen a fe guys with it done. I started it...filled in a couple spots cut the whole area so it was the same depth even went and got it colormatched...I've just been to lazy to install my metal, only a test fit a few months ago.

It looks really good though when you have the main, triangles, and bottom done.

Products Discussed in

To Top