Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Panel Removal/Pry Tool... What is it and where can I find one?

Old 03-27-2010, 10:17 PM   #1
ChaseUA is a jewel in the roughChaseUA is a jewel in the roughChaseUA is a jewel in the rough
Name: Chase
ChaseUA's Tacoma Gallery
Panel Removal/Pry Tool... What is it and where can I find one?

I've read several pdf instructions on radio and XM installation in the 2010 Tacomas and they all reference the need for a Panel Removal Tool. One even states: e.g. Panel Pry Tool #1
Toyota SST#00002-06001-

Any idea what this is and where I can find it? I've searched toyotaparts.com and am coming up with zero.

Thanks in advance.
Old 03-27-2010, 10:35 PM   #4
Crankey Old Yacht Jockey
Timber has a brilliant futureTimber has a brilliant futureTimber has a brilliant futureTimber has a brilliant futureTimber has a brilliant futureTimber has a brilliant futureTimber has a brilliant futureTimber has a brilliant futureTimber has a brilliant futureTimber has a brilliant futureTimber has a brilliant future

Name: Tim
Timber's Tacoma Gallery
I have seen them at Harbor Freight. Different sizes and styles.
Old 03-27-2010, 10:38 PM   #5
j4x4ar3 is a splendid one to beholdj4x4ar3 is a splendid one to beholdj4x4ar3 is a splendid one to beholdj4x4ar3 is a splendid one to beholdj4x4ar3 is a splendid one to beholdj4x4ar3 is a splendid one to beholdj4x4ar3 is a splendid one to beholdj4x4ar3 is a splendid one to behold
Name: Jay
j4x4ar3's Tacoma Gallery
You can find them at Sears in sets of 4. They're called "hook tools" and are needed to pull the face off around the A/C controls and such. You can do it with a screwdriver but you'll scratch the heck out of things. The hook tool is small enough to slide in without causing damage. I wouldn't use the ones referenced above as they are for a different purpose such as pulling the door panels to install new speakers and stuff.

http://auto.sears.com/Product.htm?ca...ductId=2011201
Old 03-27-2010, 11:20 PM   #6
markram is just really nicemarkram is just really nicemarkram is just really nicemarkram is just really nice
markram's Tacoma Gallery
go to an automotive paint store, they'll usually have a set of tools for removing panels.

here's a pdf file of the set i have, it was around $25-$30.
http://www.astrotools.com/prod.aspx?toolsnum=4505&
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 4505.pdf (83.3 KB, 132 views)
Old 03-28-2010, 06:09 AM   #7
Buy the Ticket take the Ride.....
Mr_Torque is a jewel in the roughMr_Torque is a jewel in the roughMr_Torque is a jewel in the roughMr_Torque is a jewel in the rough

Mr_Torque's Tacoma Gallery
I have the plastic set and it works great, The metal hook tool set is not for plastic panel removal! They will gouge it up. I just used the plastic set for removing my A/C controls and replacing my rear access cab speakers and they didn't leave a mark. Great set to have in your arsenal.
Old 03-28-2010, 08:44 AM   #8
DAMN GOOD DEAL!!
TRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kenny
TRDKenE's Tacoma Gallery
i was gonna say that the plastic tool set will be your best bet. Lest likely to scratch and gouge your dash as others have said. They also are good for pryin on painted surfaces as well
Old 03-28-2010, 10:24 AM   #9
Buy the Ticket take the Ride.....
Mr_Torque is a jewel in the roughMr_Torque is a jewel in the roughMr_Torque is a jewel in the roughMr_Torque is a jewel in the rough

Mr_Torque's Tacoma Gallery
I think a few people have removed the AC control panel by first pulling off the knobs and gripping the panel in the knob area (that sounds dirty) with pliers and pulling it out that way.
Old 03-28-2010, 11:14 AM   #10
If You Search...You Shall Find.
uood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Uniform / Marked Patrol
uood8's Tacoma Gallery
harbor freight has them for like 4 bucks, set of 4-5 different ones included.
Old 03-28-2010, 09:01 PM   #11
San Antonio Detailer :)
Anthony will become famous soon enough
Anthony's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Anthony
pep boys carries them as well.