1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

OME Rear Leafs

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by HDFD10, Mar 28, 2010.

1. Mar 28, 2010 at 2:55 PM
    HDFD10

HDFD10 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Going to purchase a 3" set tomorrow. My stock leafs with AAL will not haul sh!t without sagging like a mofo. Question is will these beef up my rear noticably? And how hard of an install is it? Any tricks to know? Thanks for any info!!

2. Mar 28, 2010 at 3:06 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    You should notice less sag with loading- You should also see a bit more flex when you get to wheeling.

Take it slow with the install...and get the rear end alignment checked. It's not really adjustable...but you can set it wrong.

3. Mar 28, 2010 at 3:10 PM
    HDFD10

Member:
    Rear end aligment? Never heard of that one?

4. Mar 28, 2010 at 3:14 PM
    Eesh

Eesh Well-Known Member

Member:
    Regina, Sask., Canada
    Vehicle:
    trd Sport
    Where are you going to buy them from. They are on back order pretty much every where.

5. Mar 28, 2010 at 3:18 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Like I said-It's not adjustable but you can put it back together wrong. Mine had like a .4* thrust angle when I put it back together. Took it too the alignment shoo and ended up knocking on it with a deadblow hammer to get it down to .01* (0.0 is ideal).

6. Mar 28, 2010 at 3:53 PM
    Rocktaco

Rocktaco Member

Member:
    Rockford, Illinois
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD OR DC pyrite Mica
    Bakflip G2, Dynolock, Lamin X, weather techs
    Im sure you kmow but there's a TSB for rear leafs. MAy save you some money. Lots of postings about tsb 0308-05

7. Mar 28, 2010 at 4:25 PM
    yosh2000

yosh2000 Well-Known Member

Member:
    CO
    Vehicle:
    '17 Tundra CM 5.7
    you will get about 2.5-3" of lift, but loading will be greatly improved. just hauled ~1650# of concrete and it did great! i highly suggest you get the shocks to go w/ them. you will need the longer u bolts, and maybe even the 3* shims. i didnt install them and have slight vibes at 10-15 mph. going to pick up a set to see if it will help. install is easy if you have tools.

im sure you know that the OME leafs are in a completely different league than the TSB leafs...;)

if not, search around here and you will see why he wants the OMEs over the TSB...

8. Mar 28, 2010 at 6:42 PM
    HDFD10

Member:
    Yes, for sure want the new OME leafs over the TSB. Was going to order then from 4wheel parts, last i checked (few weeks ago) they had some? Who knows?? Think i am going to try to do install myself.

Products Discussed in

To Top