Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2.25" Readylift and rear spring TSB?

Old 03-28-2010, 04:58 PM   #1
Another Toyota Enthusiast
toyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
toyo freak's Tacoma Gallery
2.25" Readylift and rear spring TSB?

Anybody running this setup? I am haveing the tsb done and I was hoping that the 2.25" in the front would level it out. Please include pics
Old 03-28-2010, 05:51 PM   #2
FL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
FL Forester's Tacoma Gallery
Here is a picture of mne. It sits a little nose high.

Old 03-28-2010, 05:55 PM   #3
weidjd is on a distinguished road
weidjd's Tacoma Gallery
2" or more will sit nose high.
Old 03-28-2010, 06:01 PM   #4
Reaper10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReaper10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReaper10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReaper10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReaper10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReaper10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReaper10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReaper10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReaper10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReaper10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReaper10 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: P3 Flight Engineer / 737 Crew Chief
Name: Brandon
Reaper10's Tacoma Gallery
I was contemplating the exact same thing. I had exactly 2.25 inches between the rear and the front after I had the TSB done. I was worried about the back end settling out a bit and me being left with a nose high truck. I went with Bilstein 5100's set at 1.75 and I'm left with a half inch of rake rear to front. Can't see it with the naked eye and I think it looks the way it should have from the factory. The Billies cost less then that damn spacer kit too.
Old 03-28-2010, 06:04 PM   #5
Another Toyota Enthusiast
toyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
toyo freak's Tacoma Gallery
Keep Going!

Thanks for the answers. With the 5100s will I need anything else...spacer etc.
Old 03-28-2010, 06:10 PM   #6
Blue76 is just really niceBlue76 is just really niceBlue76 is just really niceBlue76 is just really niceBlue76 is just really nice
Blue76's Tacoma Gallery
If you look at the photos in my profile you can see the tape measure before and after TSB. I only really had a net 3/4" gain in the rear. Many have said they got 1.5 or more... The photos were taken the day after teh TSB was done. My front is set at 1.75 and it sets exactly like I want it to set. The ride is very good.... very pleased with the end result.

I have new Mickey Thompson ATZ 265/75/16s waiting to be mounted. I am trying to decide if I want new wheels before I mount them...

Greg
Old 03-28-2010, 06:11 PM   #7
Reaper10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReaper10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReaper10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReaper10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReaper10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReaper10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReaper10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReaper10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReaper10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReaper10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReaper10 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: P3 Flight Engineer / 737 Crew Chief
Name: Brandon
Reaper10's Tacoma Gallery
Nope, not a thing. 5100's for the front. 172.99 shipped from downsouth motors with the forum discount. No vibration or other strange stuff. Just make sure you get it aligned. I showed up to get the alignment about thirty minutes after I put the Billies in and the tech asked me what the hell I hit...
Old 05-22-2011, 07:45 AM   #8
TCCC is on a distinguished road
Army: Canadian Combat Médic
Name: Eric
TCCC's Tacoma Gallery
Here is a picture of mine. It sits a little nose high. 265/70/17