Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Adding SS extended brake lines ... how much fluid is needed?

Old 03-29-2010, 06:42 PM   #1
Banned
PreRunner is a name known to allPreRunner is a name known to allPreRunner is a name known to allPreRunner is a name known to allPreRunner is a name known to allPreRunner is a name known to all
PreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Question Adding SS extended brake lines ... how much fluid is needed?

for the install? It's a brand new truck and want to stick with OEM fluids. just wanted to know how much fluid i should pick up from the dealer before having shop do the install. thanks.
Old 03-29-2010, 07:04 PM   #2
Do Work Son!
rossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
rossk35's Tacoma Gallery
Just get a bottle of dot 3 fluid from someplace. It won't take much though.
Old 03-29-2010, 07:18 PM   #3
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Just get a bottle of dot 3 fluid from someplace. It won't take much though.
+1

You'll probably use more in a mighty vac bleeding the brakes than what you actually put in the truck.
Old 04-05-2010, 09:23 PM   #4
taco_man is just really nicetaco_man is just really nicetaco_man is just really nicetaco_man is just really nice
Name: Austin
taco_man's Tacoma Gallery
so i need 2 bottles for when i change out my brake lines???
Old 04-05-2010, 09:46 PM   #5
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

If a shop is doing the install why are you worrying about brake fluid? 1 bottle will be plenty if you insist on buying from the dealer.
Old 04-05-2010, 10:36 PM   #6
taco_man is just really nicetaco_man is just really nicetaco_man is just really nicetaco_man is just really nice
Name: Austin
taco_man's Tacoma Gallery
no im doing the install myself and i have no idea how much i need.
Old 04-05-2010, 10:47 PM   #7
OH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Steve
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
Get two, better to have more than not enough.
Old 04-05-2010, 10:48 PM   #8
My pee parts itch

buy two bottles of brake fluid. Use a mityvac if you got one or go ghetto and use a piece of tubing on the bleeder valve and the other end into glass jar filled with brake fluid.
Old 04-06-2010, 06:07 AM   #9
Banned
PreRunner is a name known to allPreRunner is a name known to allPreRunner is a name known to allPreRunner is a name known to allPreRunner is a name known to allPreRunner is a name known to all
PreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
had both front and rear stainless lines installed yesterday. they used about 85% of the bottle of toyota brake fluid i got at the dealership. It took 9 about ounces.
Old 09-06-2011, 10:56 PM   #10
DreDog is on a distinguished road

Name: Andrew
DreDog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PreRunner View Post
had both front and rear stainless lines installed yesterday. they used about 85% of the bottle of toyota brake fluid i got at the dealership. It took 9 about ounces.

What did they charge total? Including installation
Old 09-06-2011, 10:59 PM   #11
I support a velociraptor free workplace.
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marcelasaurus
BrokenTusk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreDog View Post
What did they charge total? Including installation
He's banned now, and unable to answer you.... and i'm unsure of what your referring too