1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Any Easter Eggs on The Remote Keyless Entry ?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by MikeDeason, Mar 29, 2010.

1. Mar 29, 2010 at 11:01 PM
    MikeDeason

MikeDeason [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    On my Titan and Ford, if you hit a combination of the buttons it would roll down the windows.

Anything on the remote for the Taco

2. Mar 29, 2010 at 11:14 PM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    Depends....

Some trucks have the security alarm system (RS3200+) while others just have the keyless remote.

I'm pretty sure the keyless remote doesn't do anything else but lock/ulock the doors.

You should be able to add the RS3200+ to your existing keyless remote.
    Google it...

3. Mar 29, 2010 at 11:36 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    Any reason you would want to roll down the windows while you are outside the truck rather than opening the doors?

OZ

4. Mar 30, 2010 at 12:39 AM
    JKD

JKD Well-Known Member

Member:
    If it's 120 outside it might be nice to roll down the windows while you're still inside getting ready to go...

5. Mar 30, 2010 at 6:33 AM
    MikeDeason

MikeDeason [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Yea, if it was hot and I was in sight of the truck I would roll down the windows before I got to the vehicle to air it out.

6. Mar 30, 2010 at 7:01 AM
    05Moose

05Moose Middle-Aged Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    In the snow (NorCal)
    Vehicle:
    '05 4x4 DC LB SR5 #8 (LSD, Tow Pkg)
    '05 4x4 DC LB SR5 (LSD & Tow Pkg), Timbrens, AAL, 5100s (1.75), Owned: 12/3/04 Mods: Fog, Map/Dome Light, Illuminated 4wd Switch, Washable Cabin Air Filter
    The only Easter Egg you're going to find is Toyota's auto re-lock feature. If you lock your doors, then later hit the remote to unlock them and never open a door, it will automatically re-lock in 30 seconds (or maybe it's a minute...can't remember the time delay). It's a nice feature so if you leave your vehicle and accidentally hit the unlock button by mistake without realizing it, your truck won't be left unlocked the whole time.

Hmmm, or maybe they use this feature because our remotes only have a dozen different signals or something. That way when someone else unlocks your vehicle, yours will re-lock later while they get in theirs and drive away.:D

7. Mar 30, 2010 at 7:41 AM
    JML50

JML50 Well-Known Member

Member:
    I remember seeing either on here or another site that there is a combination of buttons to push in sequence and the remote will unlock all doors with the unlock button being pushed once rather than the front doors on the first push and the back on the second push. If anyone remembers seeing it i'm sure they will post it up.

8. Mar 30, 2010 at 7:46 AM
    aces2

aces2 Senior Arshole

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Hampton, VA
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 RR AC 4x4
    Flowmaster 40, K&N CAI, RED brake light bulbs, BHLM, Rear dif breather line, Factory Skidplate painted BLACK, DRL's, YELLOW bulbs in Fogs Turn Signals and Marker lights, Custom "Toy Machine" center emblem, Sockmonkey "Nor-Cal" decals all BLACK, Redline tailgate damper and hood sruts, Painted steering wheel emblem BLACK, 12V always on, Foglight mod, 16" Pro-Comp 7089 rims BLACK powdercoated acorn lugnuts, BFG KM2's 285-75-16, Painted exhaust pipe BLACK, BLACK emblems all the way around, Rear BLACK bumper from base model, Radical RED "sport" grille-surround, Factory Toyota Bed extender, RED maglight mounted on each seat's side, TRD ball-type shift knob, Custom mounted Scangauge II under stereo, Aftermarket HU, Hardwired Garmin GPS 260W, TSB w/AAL and 2.5" 5100's, Weathertech floor liners, Removed front mud flaps, 95-04 "4WD" rear mudflaps, 3rd Brake light "TACO", BLACK front lip

When you find that let us all know. We've been searching... for years...

9. Mar 30, 2010 at 8:02 AM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    Fair enough !

OZ

10. Mar 31, 2010 at 9:13 AM
    05Moose

05Moose Middle-Aged Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    In the snow (NorCal)
    Vehicle:
    '05 4x4 DC LB SR5 #8 (LSD, Tow Pkg)
    '05 4x4 DC LB SR5 (LSD & Tow Pkg), Timbrens, AAL, 5100s (1.75), Owned: 12/3/04 Mods: Fog, Map/Dome Light, Illuminated 4wd Switch, Washable Cabin Air Filter
    x2

I highly doubt it though. My remote switch is sort of wearing out after almost 5 1/2 years of use (no, I'm not talking batteries here). The button doesn't work well unless I push it a lot harder than I used to. Now, it frequently unlocks all 4 doors instead of just mine with one push. The lights are flashing 4 times as if I hit the button twice. But I can still unlock the front door alone. So I'm guessing that the extra pressure I'm having to use is triggering it twice most of the time. That may be what others had happen. So I too would be interested to see if this can be done by the remote alone (I'm thinking it could be programmed in the truck instead).

11. Mar 31, 2010 at 9:19 AM
    TexasTacoma37

TexasTacoma37 Well-Known Member

Member:
    I actually hate this feature. I have a dynolock on my tailgate that opens with the key fob. If I need to put something in my bed, I unlock the truck (and therefore the bed), and by the time I'm done loading the bed, the truck has relocked itsself. Very annoying.

Is there any way to disable the auto-lock feature?

Products Discussed in

To Top