1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Lifts at Les Schwab

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by 10silvertaco, Mar 30, 2010.

1. Mar 30, 2010 at 10:05 AM
    10silvertaco

10silvertaco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brent
    Vehicle:
    no longer own Tacoma, now own 2011 Outback
    Hey y'all! I was in the store yesterday and asking them about lifts. They said they can do lifts on two different options.
    Option 1: 1 1/2 inches lift in the front with coil only for $295.
    Option 2: 3 inches in the front (spacer and coil) and 2 inches AAL in the rear for $495. Both option does include alignment.

I thought I would go for Option 2 and my question is the nose too high or it's ok? Shocks will be stock.

2. Mar 30, 2010 at 11:40 AM
    dexterdog

dexterdog My pee parts itch

Member:
    Oly WA
    Vehicle:
    2012 F150
    Most everyone on here will tell you to avoid spacer lifts. Also, around here Les Schwab stores have a pretty high turnover. I would feel more comfortable taking my truck to a true automotive technician.

3. Mar 30, 2010 at 11:55 AM
    Kyouto42

Kyouto42 Iron Beard

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    Vehicle:
    BSP '10 4x4 TRD Off-Road DC
    See build thread in signature
    Well... personally I'd avoid spacer lifts also (minus lean leveling). As well, what are the actual components in the lift? Myself I'm going to go with a 3" OME lift. Check out Toytech in the vendor section here...

4. Mar 30, 2010 at 11:57 AM
    mountainwolfpup

mountainwolfpup Ford Guy (Formerly known as a Toyota Guy)

Member:
    Vancouver, WA
    Vehicle:
    2015 Ford F150 Lariat FX4 3.5l Eco
    First month of ownership... This month I'm removing front air dam, and also Rhino lining the bed.
    The devil is in the details... need to know more specifics about the brand/manufacturer of the lift components to weigh in here. But I can say that a better approach would be to purchase your lift components yourself and then maybe consider having Les Schwabb (or maybe a 'real mechanic') put them on for you. Certainly Les Schwabb could do the alignment afterwards.. that sounds pretty safe, I might let them do that?? A minimally trained and marginally paid technician couldn't screw that up too badly I guess?

OK, anyway back to why you need to get your own lift components. Simple, the feel and ride and looks of your vehicle are at risk... not to mention that you want some longevity out of this stuff also.

So, three options I'll present for you:

1. Give a call. Tell them what you're goals are with the lift and what you're willing to spend and they'll hook you up with a solid setup at a fair price.

2. If you really want the best possible setup at the best possible price then spend some time trolling through the TacomaWorld forums for suspension/lift. There is a ton of great advise on there.

3. Leave it stock. In my opinion Tacoma's look great with the stock setup. Throw on some aftermarket shocks maybe - 5100s?

[​IMG]

Products Discussed in

To Top