Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Have You Been Flashed Today?!

Old 02-20-2007, 05:13 PM   #1
ImInLoveWithMyTruck has a spectacular aura aboutImInLoveWithMyTruck has a spectacular aura about
ImInLoveWithMyTruck's Tacoma Gallery
Have You Been Flashed Today?!

Alright, I was for about the 18th time!!!!
Is anyone else getting flashed (with headlights) constantly? I think people think the Tacoma's low beams are actually the high's. I have been flashed a lot by people thinking I am high beaming them when they really haven't seen the power of my highs! Anyone else have this "issue"
Old 02-20-2007, 05:16 PM   #2
06TRDsport is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDsport is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDsport is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDsport is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDsport is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDsport is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDsport is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDsport is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDsport is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDsport is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDsport is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
06TRDsport's Tacoma Gallery
I get that alot when hauling my quad. The extra weight in the rear aims the lights up higher, and right into the oncoming cars front window.
Old 02-20-2007, 05:23 PM   #3
small town girl
Skies20 is on a distinguished road

Skies20's Tacoma Gallery
I have a couple of times, but that was when I had the fog lights on. The regular headlights alone are pretty bright though.
Old 02-20-2007, 05:33 PM   #4
Born to Ride
TheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chicky Baby
TheMaster's Tacoma Gallery
I do a lot of night driving on unlit country roads and I have never been flashed. Itís a simple fix and you can do it yourself.
Old 02-20-2007, 07:57 PM   #5
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Daggit I thought this thread was going to be about something else "bewbies"

And no I've never been flashed and I do drive with the fogs on as well.
Old 02-21-2007, 03:14 AM   #6
RAPOM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPOM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPOM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPOM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPOM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPOM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPOM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPOM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPOM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPOM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPOM is one of the sharper tools in the shed
RAPOM's Tacoma Gallery
I get that sometimes also. I thought it was the glare from my male pattern baldness, I'm glad I can blame it on my truck now.
Old 02-21-2007, 03:17 AM   #7
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
Yes, I get flashed all the time. My wife even called me once when I was driving behind her and told me to turn off my high beams. I said, "what? these?!?"

Her reaction, "Ah, turn it off!"

...and, Banshee, I am sorry to say, I thought this thread was going to be about something else too.
Old 02-21-2007, 05:59 AM   #8
SPOWERS07 is on a distinguished road

SPOWERS07's Tacoma Gallery
same here 007 tacoma always getting flashed and when i was behind my girlfriend she was like "turn off your high beams" and i was like what these i also have the silverstar bulbs
Old 02-21-2007, 07:16 AM   #9
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPOWERS07 View Post
same here 007 tacoma always getting flashed and when i was behind my girlfriend she was like "turn off your high beams" and i was like what these i also have the silverstar bulbs
How much brighter are the silverstars?
Old 02-21-2007, 07:50 AM   #10
small town girl

Skies20's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAPOM View Post
I get that sometimes also. I thought it was the glare from my male pattern baldness, I'm glad I can blame it on my truck now.
HAHA. That was good.
Old 02-21-2007, 08:21 AM   #11
ImInLoveWithMyTruck has a spectacular aura aboutImInLoveWithMyTruck has a spectacular aura about
ImInLoveWithMyTruck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee View Post
Daggit I thought this thread was going to be about something else "bewbies"

And no I've never been flashed and I do drive with the fogs on as well.

Muhahaha! I thought this thread would get everyone's attention!
Old 02-21-2007, 08:53 AM   #12
RAPOM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPOM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPOM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPOM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPOM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPOM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPOM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPOM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPOM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPOM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPOM is one of the sharper tools in the shed
RAPOM's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Skies20 I'm from Glastonbury/Marlborough area. I was hoping my humor would not be lost here, thanks.
Old 02-21-2007, 09:04 AM   #13
I dub thee malicious!

Quote:
Hey Skies20 I'm from Glastonbury/Marlborough area. I was hoping my humor would not be lost here, thanks.
You just get around, don't you? My sister and brother live in Boone and Jefferson, NC. How close are you to them?
Old 02-21-2007, 09:07 AM   #14
small town girl

Skies20's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ha ha. No prob. I am from the Litchfield area..not sure how far away Glastonbury is..maybe an hour or a little more. Small world.
Old 02-21-2007, 11:11 AM   #15
RAPOM's Tacoma Gallery
I'm stationed at SJAFB in Goldsboro, Boone I think is an hour and a half away. Litchfield is an hour from Gbury. Do you sell health or life? I know someone back there who has a lot of agents working for him, his name is Barry. Back on topic, I have the 4cyl and want to get fog lights that only come with the 6cyl. That way I can intentionally aim them at drivers LOL. Toyota has always had a very good headlight system so I am not surprised they seem bright to oncoming vehicles.
Old 02-21-2007, 11:47 AM   #16
small town girl

Skies20's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Litchfield is an hour from Gbury. Do you sell health or life? I know someone back there who has a lot of agents working for him, his name is Barry. Back on topic, I have the 4cyl and want to get fog lights that only come with the 6cyl. That way I can intentionally aim them at drivers LOL. Toyota has always had a very good headlight system so I am not surprised they seem bright to oncoming vehicles.
Our agency does sell life & health, but I do not personally. I sell home, auto, personal umbrella, boat/yacht, motorcycle, and classic/antique vehicle insurance...so I stay pretty busy with that!

Ha ha.. yes, I like having the bright lights to shine on all the rude drivers that don't dim their lights for me!
Old 02-21-2007, 11:59 AM   #17
CharlieX is on a distinguished road
CharlieX's Tacoma Gallery
Man this truck lights up the night... I've been trying to keep my distance when coming up behind cars at a stop - I can see the poor kids shielding their eye from my lights blasting into their mirrors.
Old 02-21-2007, 12:33 PM   #18
I dub thee malicious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieX View Post
Man this truck lights up the night... I've been trying to keep my distance when coming up behind cars at a stop - I can see the poor kids shielding their eye from my lights blasting into their mirrors.
I feel bad, but then again - I have been on the receiving end way too much in the past.
Old 02-21-2007, 10:30 PM   #19
it's all about me
Ldytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to behold

Ldytaco05's Tacoma Gallery
i used to have fun with them riding high with bright lights but now hmmmm i do feel bad, but what can i say i need to see....
Old 02-22-2007, 05:31 AM   #20
SPOWERS07 is on a distinguished road

SPOWERS07's Tacoma Gallery
007 tacoma ya the silverstars are a big difference not only are they much brighter and adds blue tint but it also adds that hid cut-off its wicked sick looking