Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

bakflip tonneau cover??

Old 04-28-2008, 04:42 PM   #1
GOPENS!!!!
tmurtha85 is on a distinguished road
tmurtha85's Tacoma Gallery
bakflip tonneau cover??

Does anyone have the bakflip tonneau cover for a tacoma not sure if it will fit or if it will look good any suggestions. is this a good buy or should i go a different direction. I haul my quad in the bed. Is worth losing my tie down hooks?
Old 04-28-2008, 06:05 PM   #2
Gringo Bandito
tcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
A number of people on here have the bakflip tonneau.

robrjohnson has a pic in his gallery here:
Old 04-28-2008, 06:31 PM   #3
ResqFE is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Jolly Green Giants Retired
ResqFE's Tacoma Gallery
Yes you lose the tiedowns, but I like mine. It's nice to be able to fold it up anytime to use the bed. I don't haul a quad though but you still have the floor rings.
Old 04-28-2008, 06:45 PM   #4
kubota man is on a distinguished road
kubota man's Tacoma Gallery
i have the fold a cover brand and you keep the tie down .my brother has the back flip brand and that thing is litterly falling apart as he said its a pos.also the fold a cover has a internal tailgate lock.and it very secure. now the only draw back is it about one half inch or so high.
Old 04-28-2008, 07:45 PM   #5
Dan_K is on a distinguished road
Dan_K's Tacoma Gallery
I was looking into getting a folding cover for my Tacoma.

My uncle had three Fold-A-Covers for his Silverado's. He really liked them, but he said they froze in the winters. (he works for Chevy so he gets a new truck every year).

I met another guy this weekend in the parking lot of Best Buy & he's had the Fold-A-Cover for 4 years & has had NO problems with it freezing & recommends it to everyone that asks about it. He also has a carpeted mat in his bed & has had NO problems with water the entire time he's had it.

These were also the older LS versions.
I'm looking at the G4-Elite version which is even better.

Fold-A-Covers also come with an internal lock that locks the tailgate from the inside.

Bak-Flip does not. You'd have to get the external lock that's in the tailgate handle.

Fold-A-Covers also can open from either the rear, or front of the bed. I think that's a nice feature.

I've never met anyone that had the Bak-Flip but found out about it when I was pricing out the Fold-A-Cover.

Here are the websites if you want to do your own research:

http://www.foldacover.com/

http://www.bakfliptonneaucover.com/