Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Allpro New Rear Plate style bumper bad structural Integrity

Old 03-31-2010, 01:24 PM   #1
05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ken
05sctaco's Tacoma Gallery
Delate thread: Allpro New Rear Plate style bumper structural Integrity

Please delete this thread I am not trying to start a hate thread, I just wanted to inform people who already have this bumper what they need to do and look out for.
Old 03-31-2010, 01:38 PM   #3
Swab
LBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant future

Name: Winter
LBPtaco's Tacoma Gallery

WOW! that blows! hopefully all pro takes care of you on that
Old 03-31-2010, 01:50 PM   #6
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
good luck man, bummer
Old 03-31-2010, 01:50 PM   #7
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by A7XT View Post
Wow that's just poor workmanship right there. Hopefully allpro can remedy this somehow
x2

Because thats bullshit!
Old 03-31-2010, 01:53 PM   #8
BSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
BSPDX's Tacoma Gallery

wow! That's a bad deal... Hopefully they patch you up cause that's a shotty peice of work there! Good luck!
Old 03-31-2010, 01:56 PM   #9
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
my guess is going to be youre told "its not designed as a jack point"

however the same thing wouldve happened if you were offroad and slammed down on a rock...or worse yet...it wouldve ended up bent halfway to the cab if you were rear-ended
Old 03-31-2010, 01:57 PM   #10
rob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
rob1's Tacoma Gallery
...WOW!! AllPRO?? ...waiting to see what they do for you man...thanxs for posting!!
looking closely at that weld (if you want to call that weld) looks crappy, poor workmanship. It looks tagwelded imho, I have seen better welding then that. Who cares if it's not a jack point, the weld sucks!!
Old 03-31-2010, 02:06 PM   #12
rob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rob1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverback07 View Post
Doesn't surprise me one bit.
Why is that silverback??
Old 03-31-2010, 02:09 PM   #13
What is this "search" you speak of?
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Andrew H's Tacoma Gallery
Crazy. Am also curious to see how they handle this. Getting Allpro bumpers when I get the 2nd gen was going to be one of my first purchases.
Old 03-31-2010, 02:16 PM   #14
What is this "search" you speak of?
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Andrew H's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
they make some nice looking stuff, but thats about where it stops I've seen their skids get torn to shit and the front bumper is pretty weak.. lightweight, but very weak.. flexes, bends. I've had two, first one had a warped winch plate when I pulled it off. Only reason I bought another was that I didn't want to wait for a CBI or Shrockworks one. I regret not waiting. The rear bumper is just more of the same thin steel. Looks nice, not really meant to be beat on though. Looks great at the mall.
yikes, no bueno. Think I'll start looking at the other two you named.
OP, sorry man hopefully they take care of you.
Old 03-31-2010, 02:18 PM   #15
Do I look like a guy with a plan?
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Oh shit!
Old 03-31-2010, 02:21 PM   #16

rob1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
they make some nice looking stuff, but thats about where it stops I've seen their skids get torn to shit and the front bumper is pretty weak.. lightweight, but very weak.. flexes, bends. I've had two, first one had a warped winch plate when I pulled it off. Only reason I bought another was that I didn't want to wait for a CBI or Shrockworks one. I regret not waiting. The rear bumper is just more of the same thin steel. Looks nice, not really meant to be beat on though. Looks great at the mall.
WOW!! Bro..thanks silverback...to the OP,hope ALLPRO takes care of this for you keep us posted!!
Old 03-31-2010, 02:24 PM   #17

rob1's Tacoma Gallery
Current viewers: oh-oh allpro is on here: rob1, eachin, Alex352, silverback07, dylandercole, Evil Monkey, maxboostcore, ToyoFF1274, ASH, allpro, Krookz, Cuda17, 2kool4school, stroM-, BirdTRD, aces2
Old 03-31-2010, 02:24 PM   #18
Do I look like a guy with a plan?
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Old 03-31-2010, 02:29 PM   #19
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Much stronger than the stock bumper but certainly not meant as a jacking point. Worse still, it looks like you picked the section with the least amount of reinforcement when placing the jack. There's no metal above the jack so of course it's going to bend.

All Pro always stands behind their products, but that jacking location was a really sketchy call on your part. I imagine they'll work with you on a resolution, but don't expect a full refund.
Old 03-31-2010, 02:38 PM   #20
V-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shed

V-TRAIN's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp2 View Post
Much stronger than the stock bumper but certainly not meant as a jacking point. Worse still, it looks like you picked the section with the least amount of reinforcement when placing the jack. There's no metal above the jack so of course it's going to bend.

All Pro always stands behind their products, but that jacking location was a really sketchy call on your part. I imagine they'll work with you on a resolution, but don't expect a full refund.
i agree, that was not the best place to put the jack. i am interested to
see what they say.