Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Not sure I like Weathertechs

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-02-2010, 08:12 AM   #41
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by T@co_Pr3runn3r View Post
Where was this contribution?
C'mon now, think! If a new person searches on weathertech mats, he or she will find out that the black rubber mats actually look like black rubber, just like in the pictures. They will not look carpety (or is it carpetish) at all. We're all about helping people here on Tacomaworld. Of course it won't help those who want to buy tan or grey weathertechs. The jury is still out on those. I realize I'm rather hopeful that a newbie will actually search for carpet weathertechs. Maybe we should make it a sticky?
Old 04-02-2010, 08:34 AM   #42
Thunderclap will become famous soon enoughThunderclap will become famous soon enough

Firefighter: Volunteer
Name: Dusty
Thunderclap's Tacoma Gallery
You know it's funny. The dealership threw in the weathertechs when I bought my truck... (I'm sure I'm still paying for them) I absolutely love them though. I've bought carpet and rubber mats from walmart and co before, and I always wear a hole through it within a couple of months. These weathertechs are really holding their own. That's the real beauty of them.
Old 04-02-2010, 09:07 AM   #43
Silver_Taco is a name known to allSilver_Taco is a name known to allSilver_Taco is a name known to allSilver_Taco is a name known to allSilver_Taco is a name known to allSilver_Taco is a name known to all

Navy:
Silver_Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I understand where the OPs coming from. BUT, even if you never get into the mud and your truck is used solely to deliver your tupperware orders, you will undoubtedly step into a fumbled ice cream cone at some point while prancing back to your rig. You'll be glad you have the weathertechs. Otherwise, the cookie dough ice cream smell will overpower your bubblegum air freshener.

Just a joke man, to each his own.
Old 04-02-2010, 09:21 AM   #44
Go Vick ??? Go Birds !!!
Rtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rtrn2taco's Tacoma Gallery
Check out Nifty Catch-alls, they're custom fit molded carpet floormats.

http://www.niftyproducts.com/
Old 04-02-2010, 10:28 AM   #45
drjohnson36 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrjohnson36 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrjohnson36 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrjohnson36 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrjohnson36 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrjohnson36 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrjohnson36 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrjohnson36 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrjohnson36 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrjohnson36 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrjohnson36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
drjohnson36's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldotcom View Post
Only problem is if I left the forum I couldn't watch half of the morons hack the shit outta your trucks. Halarious stuff, espcially when someone posts a technical issue he/she is having. It's like every person on this site is an auto tech. lol. I'll just keep to myself for now instead of contributing, no biggie.
If you think people hack their shit up here, you've clearly never heard of pirate4x4...
Old 04-02-2010, 12:21 PM   #46
Jiinx is on a distinguished road

Jiinx's Tacoma Gallery
The digi fits feel more like plastic, so ya they feel a little cheap for the price you pay. They still look and fit good and are way better than having dirty carpets all the time.
Old 04-02-2010, 12:32 PM   #47
Kmoney is one of the sharper tools in the shedKmoney is one of the sharper tools in the shedKmoney is one of the sharper tools in the shedKmoney is one of the sharper tools in the shedKmoney is one of the sharper tools in the shedKmoney is one of the sharper tools in the shedKmoney is one of the sharper tools in the shedKmoney is one of the sharper tools in the shedKmoney is one of the sharper tools in the shedKmoney is one of the sharper tools in the shedKmoney is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelly
Kmoney's Tacoma Gallery
Personally, I traded off with buying the Tacoma all weather mats from Toyota. Sometimes when it's real snowy and muddy I really wish I had the weathertech mats for the protection. But the Toyota mats both look and protect pretty well, imo.

Just my .02
Old 04-02-2010, 12:44 PM   #48
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
I'll go $70 and ship you my OEM all weather mats.
Old 04-02-2010, 01:36 PM   #50
flatlander will become famous soon enoughflatlander will become famous soon enough

flatlander's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienXtx View Post
My truck is only 5months old and rubber floor mats were the first thing I bought, I picked them up on the way home from the dealer....I never even set foot on the stupid carpet one's.

I picked up the Rubbermaid ones from O'Reilly's front and back......getting some weather techs some day
Do the back ones from O'reilly's cover the hump also? Do you rrecall the price?

TIA
Old 04-02-2010, 01:52 PM   #51
flatlander will become famous soon enoughflatlander will become famous soon enough

flatlander's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienXtx View Post
No there wasn't one for the hump, just two small one's I think it was $30 bucks for the 4 of them, I did just get some floor mats for my work truck from O'Relliys they are pretty nice, not sure what they cost because I orderd them thru the shop. here they are at autoanythinghttp://www.autoanything.com/floor-mats/64A1454A0A0.aspx
Thanks for the info.
Old 04-02-2010, 03:42 PM   #53
pauldotcom is a glorious beacon of lightpauldotcom is a glorious beacon of lightpauldotcom is a glorious beacon of lightpauldotcom is a glorious beacon of lightpauldotcom is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Paul
pauldotcom's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the offers (well the good ones lol) but I am going to keep them for the winters only. The way I figure is why buy a nice truck if your not going to enjoy the nice features? It's almost like buying a new sofa and leaving the plastic on. By the time I take the plastic off to enjoy the brand new interior, the frame will be rotted out lol....

But, I do think I will keep them in during the winter months because I do a ton of ski trips to VT and back, so there ya go.

Summer time, I'll slip back in the carpet mats.,,,

I've actually wanted the wet oaks but then again, why not just buy factory seat covers in about 4 years and a new rug to freshen things up.... I dunno....
Old 04-02-2010, 06:53 PM   #54
waller24 will become famous soon enough
waller24's Tacoma Gallery
weather tec

weather techs are the best mats made, much better than husky and catchall, Ive had both and these look the best
Old 04-02-2010, 08:34 PM   #55
Schully is a jewel in the roughSchully is a jewel in the roughSchully is a jewel in the rough

Name: Aaron
Schully's Tacoma Gallery
dude you should have just kept you're thoughts on the weathertecs to yourself let alone make a thread about it. You kinda set yourself to get flamed to a crisp. haha
Old 04-03-2010, 05:44 AM   #56
pauldotcom is a glorious beacon of lightpauldotcom is a glorious beacon of lightpauldotcom is a glorious beacon of lightpauldotcom is a glorious beacon of lightpauldotcom is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Paul
pauldotcom's Tacoma Gallery
Schully who gives a shit, it's a forum, nothing more, nothing less. Go flame yourself. I mean really dude, judging from your pics in your profile, you are an easy target. Who the hell mounts a "Toyota" symbol to thier dash? LOL. Keep the mods up, they look great lol.
Old 04-03-2010, 07:14 AM   #57
Yeah
willard417 has much to be proud ofwillard417 has much to be proud ofwillard417 has much to be proud ofwillard417 has much to be proud ofwillard417 has much to be proud ofwillard417 has much to be proud ofwillard417 has much to be proud ofwillard417 has much to be proud ofwillard417 has much to be proud ofwillard417 has much to be proud of
Name: Luke
willard417's Tacoma Gallery
how about red carpet like the old S-10. Just sayin.
Old 07-05-2010, 05:08 PM   #58
ben26416 is on a distinguished road
ben26416's Tacoma Gallery
I just bought a set of these for my 2010 double cab and the mat catches the clutch pedal! I paid $105 for them at a local speed shop and I am not sure whether to trim the mat or take them back and try something else.
What do you guys think?
Old 07-05-2010, 08:14 PM   #59
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben26416 View Post
I just bought a set of these for my 2010 double cab and the mat catches the clutch pedal! I paid $105 for them at a local speed shop and I am not sure whether to trim the mat or take them back and try something else.
What do you guys think?
It notes on their website that the mats do not fit the manual's. They need to be trimmed.
Old 07-05-2010, 08:20 PM   #60
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldotcom View Post
Schully who gives a shit, it's a forum, nothing more, nothing less. Go flame yourself. I mean really dude, judging from your pics in your profile, you are an easy target. Who the hell mounts a "Toyota" symbol to thier dash? LOL. Keep the mods up, they look great lol.
lmao

Products Discussed in this Thread