Old 04-01-2010, 08:32 PM   #1
Trailrunner07dsm
texred73 is on a distinguished road

Navy: EN3 (SW) 1996-2003
Name: brian
texred73's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to texred73
Thumbs up Hooked on ice!!!

Used the turtle wax liquid ice clay kit today and let me tell ya, it's freaking awesome!! Got rid of all my pine tar stains and swirl marks. Followed up with the liquid ice polish and it looks like a showroom shine ( except for my kids bicycle scratch on my ds door ). Best part is the polish can be applied in the sun and it can be used on all the exterior plastic! I highly recommend this stuff if you don't allready use it.
Old 04-01-2010, 09:08 PM   #2
Banned
PreRunner is a name known to allPreRunner is a name known to allPreRunner is a name known to allPreRunner is a name known to allPreRunner is a name known to allPreRunner is a name known to all
PreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
i dont know what clay is for, seen it mentioned many times. havent read up on it yet.

but yeh ice is good. super easy to apply and looks awesome. also great at making my water spots disappear. but i use it between real waxes. imo its great and i keep buying it, but i use it to suppliment a regular wax. my fav is the old turtle shell green can at wally world for $3.18. ive used most of the expensive stuff, and this works the best.
Old 04-02-2010, 07:35 AM   #3
Tampa OG
streetdriven is a jewel in the roughstreetdriven is a jewel in the roughstreetdriven is a jewel in the roughstreetdriven is a jewel in the rough
Name: Rich
streetdriven's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to streetdriven Send a message via Yahoo to streetdriven
it really does work great
Old 04-02-2010, 07:54 AM   #4
pwrstrk02 is a splendid one to beholdpwrstrk02 is a splendid one to beholdpwrstrk02 is a splendid one to beholdpwrstrk02 is a splendid one to beholdpwrstrk02 is a splendid one to beholdpwrstrk02 is a splendid one to beholdpwrstrk02 is a splendid one to behold

Name: randy
pwrstrk02's Tacoma Gallery
ive been too sceptical about the synthetics. i prefer to know im putting down a real layer of wax. although a benifit of not getting your plastic wax white would be a huge benifit over tapeing your plastic off. as long as you do a proper stripping wash, do a good clay job, and dont scimp on the wax, you can go by all year with just inbetweens (waxes). im a little off the path, but i do want to try synthetics, i just dont want to go through all the trouble to put it on and then not like it as much.
Old 04-02-2010, 08:18 AM   #5
Can you skin Grizz, pilgram?
tacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
tacomakid96's Tacoma Gallery
I was going to wash and wax today but its raining If its nice tomorrow I will pick up some Ice
Old 04-02-2010, 10:02 AM   #6
Thread killer
LBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LBtaco's Tacoma Gallery
I like ice, it makes my drinks cold

oh, that ICE!!! yeah it works ok, for a lazy waxing job
Old 04-02-2010, 11:27 AM   #7
Trailrunner07dsm

Lazy???

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBtaco View Post
I like ice, it makes my drinks cold

oh, that ICE!!! yeah it works ok, for a lazy waxing job
Lazy????? Bro, I'm far from lazy! My issue is having two young boys and a wife who's going through chemo right now so I am doingit all. If there's one thing that would be a luxury it would be time. This made it alot easier to get the job done in short time and still have a clean ride.
Old 04-02-2010, 11:34 AM   #8
Trailrunner07dsm

Thumbs up Clay??

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreRunner View Post
i dont know what clay is for, seen it mentioned many times. havent read up on it yet.

but yeh ice is good. super easy to apply and looks awesome. also great at making my water spots disappear. but i use it between real waxes. imo its great and i keep buying it, but i use it to suppliment a regular wax. my fav is the old turtle shell green can at wally world for $3.18. ive used most of the expensive stuff, and this works the best.
The clay is used along with a lubricating spray that helps the clay move alongthe surface. The clay picks up all the contaminants and somehow gets rid of MINOR swirl marks. After the clay nob my paint felt smooth and almost new I really recommend trying it.
Old 04-02-2010, 11:55 AM   #9
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by texred73 View Post
The clay is used along with a lubricating spray that helps the clay move alongthe surface. The clay picks up all the contaminants and somehow gets rid of MINOR swirl marks. After the clay nob my paint felt smooth and almost new I really recommend trying it.
x2
Old 04-02-2010, 12:04 PM   #10
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
i thought you meant drugs
Old 04-02-2010, 12:26 PM   #12
Jimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud of

Name: Jim
Jimmyjohn's Tacoma Gallery
Well it sounds good so I'm going to get some
Old 04-02-2010, 12:35 PM   #13
Trailrunner07dsm

Hmmmm!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintdiddy View Post
i thought you meant drugs
Nope, I meant the stuff we put on our trucks. Good thing rehab worked for me or I might have had a relapse..... Oh nevermind!
Old 04-02-2010, 02:23 PM   #14
Thread killer
LBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LBtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by texred73 View Post
Lazy????? Bro, I'm far from lazy! My issue is having two young boys and a wife who's going through chemo right now so I am doingit all. If there's one thing that would be a luxury it would be time. This made it alot easier to get the job done in short time and still have a clean ride.
FYI that "lazy" wasn't a direct attack to you, take a break.
and been there with the chemo, mom just finished her last treatments.
Everyone has their own issues with personal life..but let's leave it at that...personal.