Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

no windshield washer harness?

Old 04-02-2010, 02:25 PM   #1
regcab4x4 is a splendid one to beholdregcab4x4 is a splendid one to beholdregcab4x4 is a splendid one to beholdregcab4x4 is a splendid one to beholdregcab4x4 is a splendid one to beholdregcab4x4 is a splendid one to beholdregcab4x4 is a splendid one to behold
regcab4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Question no windshield washer harness?

I just tried calling the dealer but couldn't get through and i searched the topic with no luck so......

My new tacoma has a full tank of bug wash fluid (courtesy of dealer) but it wouldn't squirt... I noticed that at the base of the washer fluid reservoir is a harness jack however there is NO corresponding harness to plug into it in order for it to work.

Is the windshield washer NOT standard equipment or did toyota somehow forget to wire it???

thanks.
Old 04-04-2010, 10:36 AM   #2
regcab4x4 is a splendid one to beholdregcab4x4 is a splendid one to beholdregcab4x4 is a splendid one to beholdregcab4x4 is a splendid one to beholdregcab4x4 is a splendid one to beholdregcab4x4 is a splendid one to beholdregcab4x4 is a splendid one to behold
So did anyone out there not have a windshield washer installed or wired when they bought their 2nd gen?
Could it be an option? I can't find any info on this.
This seems stupid but WTF kind of vehicle doesn't come with a windshield washer?

Been driving through Florida with a yellow bug-guts covered windshield and I'm sick of washing it by hand. About to rig a squirtgun to a fishing line trigger pull and tape it to the hood, i swear... Will be a great write up.
Old 04-04-2010, 12:48 PM   #3
Fortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Fortech's Tacoma Gallery
It should be there. Info suggests that all Tacoma's share the same wiring harness so I doubt they forgot it.

Use a 10mm wrench and remove the two bolts so you can remove the reservoir. I bet the plug may have fell down behind there somewhere.
Old 04-05-2010, 10:11 AM   #4
Yeah that's the odd thing... I removed the whole reservoire and there is nothing even close to it as far as a harness goes, I'll check again just to make sure.
Old 04-05-2010, 10:45 AM   #5
That would be awesome... I'll try to take pic to compare. Thanks.
Old 04-05-2010, 10:51 AM   #6
Found it!!!! Thanks!!! It was wrapped around the front of the horn's wires haha.
problem solved, bugs gone
Old 04-05-2010, 01:04 PM   #7
phoneguy44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphoneguy44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphoneguy44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphoneguy44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphoneguy44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphoneguy44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphoneguy44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphoneguy44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphoneguy44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphoneguy44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphoneguy44 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Dennis
phoneguy44's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to phoneguy44
Now thats freakin service with a smile there phantom !
Old 04-05-2010, 01:10 PM   #8
Banned
Isthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Isthatahemi's Tacoma Gallery
Another question.... Is there no low washer fluid light on these trucks?
Old 04-05-2010, 01:30 PM   #9
Fortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Fortech's Tacoma Gallery
I don't think there is one on my 2005. My '98 had one though.
Old 04-05-2010, 02:00 PM   #10
EricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EricT's Tacoma Gallery
I ran my fluid dry, didn't get a light. Dunno if there is a sensor in there or not.
Old 04-05-2010, 02:14 PM   #11
Viet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Viet
Viet2100's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Viet2100
No light or sensor.
Old 04-05-2010, 02:16 PM   #12
Banned
Isthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Isthatahemi's Tacoma Gallery
I'm a little disappointed to hear this.....I thought all vehicles came with this?