Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Locking Rear Diff?

Old 09-05-2010, 12:16 PM   #21
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
Just FYI, the more you engage and disengage it, the easier it will become to activate the locker...and vice versa.
Old 09-05-2010, 12:33 PM   #22
ShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shane
ShaLor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
4low. It's all in the manual.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zero4 View Post
Push the button, drive slow, drive straight, read the owner's manual.
I just have to say that not everyone bought their Tacomas new. I for one, bought a used Tacoma and it didn't come with an owners manual.

Just thought I would throw that out there.
Old 09-05-2010, 05:09 PM   #23
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaLor View Post
I just have to say that not everyone bought their Tacomas new. I for one, bought a used Tacoma and it didn't come with an owners manual.

That's why we come here to TW, for answers! Don't be too bummed if we sometimes give snappy answers back.

Even with the owner's manual, some things are not answered very well... like the TRAC and A-TRAC system... why I statrted posting here!
Old 09-05-2010, 05:30 PM   #24
Metal Cutter
zero4 has much to be proud ofzero4 has much to be proud ofzero4 has much to be proud ofzero4 has much to be proud ofzero4 has much to be proud ofzero4 has much to be proud ofzero4 has much to be proud ofzero4 has much to be proud ofzero4 has much to be proud of

Name: Will
zero4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Understood & perfectly fine, I bought my Tacoma used too.

Aside from being in 4Lo if 4x4, driving slow (or from a complete stop) & driving straight will get the job done as I mentioned.

A little searching goes a long way. Answers like these can easily be found. Many people are too lazy to search these days. I wasn't busting the guys balls about it.

No owners manual? Even that can be found with just a quick search.

http://www.youblisher.com/files/publ.../21560/pdf.pdf

Rear locker on page 191. And like David stated, even the manual doesn't answer everything, doesn't say anything about not attempting to engage while turning.

Old 09-05-2010, 06:29 PM   #26
BGrutter is a name known to allBGrutter is a name known to allBGrutter is a name known to allBGrutter is a name known to allBGrutter is a name known to allBGrutter is a name known to all
Name: Baron
BGrutter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCFirefighter View Post
Actually, 1 5/8" x 3 5/8". Each plane takes about 3/16" off each side.

FWIW
Old 09-05-2010, 06:46 PM   #27
shawnd2 is a glorious beacon of lightshawnd2 is a glorious beacon of lightshawnd2 is a glorious beacon of lightshawnd2 is a glorious beacon of lightshawnd2 is a glorious beacon of lightshawnd2 is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Shawn
shawnd2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGrutter View Post
Actually, 1 5/8" x 3 5/8". Each plane takes about 3/16" off each side.

FWIW
Actually 1.5" x 3.5". This standard was set in 1961.

In 1961, at a meeting in Scottsdale Arizona, the Committee on Grade Simplification and Standardization agreed to what is now the current U.S. standard: In part, the dressed size of a 1*inch (nominal) board was fixed at 3⁄4*inch; while the dressed size of 2*inch (nominal) lumber was reduced from 1*5⁄8*inch to the now standard 1*1⁄2*inch.[2]

Shawn
Old 09-05-2010, 06:50 PM   #28
shawnd2 is a glorious beacon of lightshawnd2 is a glorious beacon of lightshawnd2 is a glorious beacon of lightshawnd2 is a glorious beacon of lightshawnd2 is a glorious beacon of lightshawnd2 is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Shawn
shawnd2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtsTRD View Post
x2

Its actually more like 1 3/4" by 3 3/4"
This is the second thread you have said this!
I would like to know where you get your wood!

Shawn
Old 09-05-2010, 08:10 PM   #29
BGrutter is a name known to allBGrutter is a name known to allBGrutter is a name known to allBGrutter is a name known to allBGrutter is a name known to allBGrutter is a name known to all
Name: Baron
BGrutter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnd2 View Post
Actually 1.5" x 3.5". This standard was set in 1961.

In 1961, at a meeting in Scottsdale Arizona, the Committee on Grade Simplification and Standardization agreed to what is now the current U.S. standard: In part, the dressed size of a 1*inch (nominal) board was fixed at 3⁄4*inch; while the dressed size of 2*inch (nominal) lumber was reduced from 1*5⁄8*inch to the now standard 1*1⁄2*inch.[2]

Shawn
Hmmmm... Good to know. Sorry for my error.
Old 09-05-2010, 08:14 PM   #30
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:

Online manuals.
Old 09-05-2010, 11:52 PM   #31
milo39 is a jewel in the roughmilo39 is a jewel in the roughmilo39 is a jewel in the rough

Name: myles
milo39's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by zero4 View Post
Understood & perfectly fine, I bought my Tacoma used too.

Aside from being in 4Lo if 4x4, driving slow (or from a complete stop) & driving straight will get the job done as I mentioned.

A little searching goes a long way. Answers like these can easily be found. Many people are too lazy to search these days. I wasn't busting the guys balls about it.

No owners manual? Even that can be found with just a quick search.

http://www.youblisher.com/files/publ.../21560/pdf.pdf

Rear locker on page 191. And like David stated, even the manual doesn't answer everything, doesn't say anything about not attempting to engage while turning.

Wow! thanks.. haha.. the internet is an amazing thing! ha
Old 03-01-2013, 09:17 PM   #32
ChanhDoan is on a distinguished road
Name: C DOAN
ChanhDoan's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up Mr.Charlie Doan

Quote:
Originally Posted by milo39 View Post
PLEASE HELP! Ha.. i have a an automatic 2007 prerunner trd off road 2x4.. how do i engage my dlock?
- First of all: Did you have locker or not?
- Did you have TRD OFFROAD or TRD Sport?
1/ If you have TRD Sport then YOU DON'T HAVE REAR DIFF LOCK at all but you have Limited slip differential instead.
2/ If you have TRD OFFROAD then YOU DO HAVE : Rear diff Lock system and..if 4x4 system will work in 4L ( 4 Low) only work only at speed 5-10 miles per hour max and after you get out from the sand (stuck in the mud) etc....then turn off to get back to normal, I saw people used this rear diff lock to pull the boat on and off situations yes..very good and useful worth the money to have. Stuck on wheel and put the button the light blink and wait to SOLID Green then put some gas try to get out from (muds or sands..snows..)
3) In my opinion if you have TRD Sport mean you already have LSD then all you do just buy an after market ARB air locker the YOU HAVE BOTH WORLD! I see most of guys had TRD SPORT did that! (smart huh!)
- OK, very bad English but I hope all friends here try to understand my sharing and Best wishes for all Toyota fans...God Bless Us and Our World. So Long! ( Xin chao tam biet) (Viet)
Old 03-01-2013, 09:41 PM   #33
ChanhDoan is on a distinguished road
Name: C DOAN
ChanhDoan's Tacoma Gallery
CHARLIE

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCFirefighter View Post
Look like You and Your Rifle when you at the 3 months trainning before ready to war (Vietnam) which the Sargent >>> trained you and you have to read like that every morning ??? Not sure American did that to their solders or not?? DIFFERENT WORLD ???
Old 03-01-2013, 09:53 PM   #34
bullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bullaculla's Tacoma Gallery
umm... you know this thread is almost 3 years old right?
I think he might have figured it out by now.
And his first post that you quoted states prerunner off road.