1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Is it possible???

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by pepper, Apr 3, 2010.

1. Apr 3, 2010 at 12:11 PM
    pepper

pepper [OP] Member

Member:
    This is my first post, and I gotta say I am impressed by the knowledge and ideas on this site. I had a Camry and a Ford diesel dually that I traded in for my new Tacoma. On the Camry it had automatic down and UP driver side window. My question is can you take this off of the camry and put it on a Tacoma? Can you put one on the passenger side as well? Thank you for the advice and expertise.

2. Apr 3, 2010 at 2:01 PM
    nvdeserted

nvdeserted Well-Known Member

Member:
    Reno, NV
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tacoma TRD OR Access Cab
    Electric Dynolock tailgate, TrailGear Slides, , 285/75-16 Yoko Geolanders on Wheelers Type B, SAW 2.0 front and back, Camburg b/j UCA, 1.5" AAL, Ubolt flip, ARB bump.
    Possible yes. Worthwile, probably not. Try to stick with Tacoma parts on that one, the window motor might work from the camry...?

3. Apr 3, 2010 at 2:38 PM
    tacomakid96

tacomakid96 Lions Not Sheep

Member:
    First Name:
    Phil
    Out n' about
    Vehicle:
    1996 Tacoma / 2000 4.7 Tundra TRD
    I think the motor would be able to work in the Tacoma but I would stick with tacoma parts also less problems in the long run

4. Apr 3, 2010 at 2:41 PM
    topgun155

topgun155 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Zack
    Richmond, TX
    Vehicle:
    2018 F-150 5.0
    RIP to my 08 Prerunner DC
    Welcome to TW from TX. Seems like a lot of work. When you can just push up for an extra second or two.

5. Apr 3, 2010 at 2:59 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    I have been pondering jumping on this idea too. It's been discussed before and folks have had various results. There is an aftermarket system to get the auto window features- but it's not the same as the OEM switch set.

My tC has auto up and down on both sides...so i think I can swing taking the parts outta the scion to test in the Taco. If it works- I'll find a junked scion and nab all the parts needed.

Products Discussed in

To Top