Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Bed storage & sleeping platform

Old 04-03-2010, 10:21 PM   #1
surfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shed
surfrat's Tacoma Gallery
Bed storage & sleeping platform

Well after a few hours im almost done.. Still need to make the final touches.. I needed a place to crash in the truck while still having room to put stuff in the back while keeping things somewhat organized.. the almost finished result...
Old 04-03-2010, 10:24 PM   #2
Kmoney is one of the sharper tools in the shedKmoney is one of the sharper tools in the shedKmoney is one of the sharper tools in the shedKmoney is one of the sharper tools in the shedKmoney is one of the sharper tools in the shedKmoney is one of the sharper tools in the shedKmoney is one of the sharper tools in the shedKmoney is one of the sharper tools in the shedKmoney is one of the sharper tools in the shedKmoney is one of the sharper tools in the shedKmoney is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelly
Kmoney's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great! Nice job!
Old 04-03-2010, 10:39 PM   #3
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
is that a long bed???
Old 04-04-2010, 12:08 AM   #5
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Nice , how much weight are those full extension slides rated for and how did you fasten the platform to the drivers side bed wall ?

OZ
Old 04-04-2010, 12:21 AM   #7
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
I was thinking the lower of the bunks was for a midget ^^^^^

OZ
Old 04-04-2010, 12:26 AM   #8
ppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phuong
ppham444's Tacoma Gallery
I hope you will have some padding on that or you'll just wake up with wood.
Old 04-04-2010, 08:11 AM   #9
surfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shed
surfrat's Tacoma Gallery
like i said its not done yet. it is a long bed also.
Old 04-04-2010, 08:49 AM   #10
meafordmike is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeafordmike is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeafordmike is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeafordmike is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeafordmike is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeafordmike is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeafordmike is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeafordmike is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeafordmike is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeafordmike is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeafordmike is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: RCR( Royal Canadian Regiment) INF
Name: Mike
meafordmike's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wing103 View Post
It looks really good. Any more photos? I really want to make one for my short bed.
I made this for my short bed.http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...-platform.html
Old 04-04-2010, 10:36 AM   #11

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
surf , seriously , how did you attach the drivers side of the platform and what is the load rating on your full extension slides ,

OZ
Old 04-04-2010, 10:42 AM   #12
Begin With The End In Mind.
carmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: KEVIN
carmellocafe's Tacoma Gallery
Old 04-04-2010, 11:01 AM   #13
First I derp.. then I herp
mntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Aaron
mntbiker2008's Tacoma Gallery
looks nice! looks like a simpler, less expensive form of those bed storage systems that are super expensive. cant remember the names of them. looks really good! and its easy to take out if you need to.
Old 04-04-2010, 03:15 PM   #14
Faryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mic
Faryota's Tacoma Gallery
Nice job!!! I like the pull out!!!
Old 04-05-2010, 06:55 PM   #15
surfrat's Tacoma Gallery
well its 98% done now
the thing fits so tight, it really doesn't need tie downs but n the front i used a turnbuckle and and eyelid to the OEM dring the the bed.. in the back i need to mount an L bracket to the box then through the hole in the middle of the bed.
I have a self inflating 3" ground pad that fits on top of the platform.
The draw slides are the Heavy duty ones from LOWEs not sure of the weight rating but i have about 30lbs of stuff and it doesn't move. Only downfall is my drawers are 35" long and the slides are about 24" When i pull the drawer out there is still about 8" still inside the box.. There is also another latch behing the drawer for more storage behind the wheel well in the bed
Old 04-05-2010, 11:36 PM   #17

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Surf , the reason I was asking about the slides is , I was designing a removeable plywood storage box , with a deep pullout like yours and was looking into these monster slides http://www.leevalley.com/hardware/pa...614,43616&ap=1

Nice work ,

OZ
Old 04-06-2010, 09:05 AM   #18
surfrat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Surf , the reason I was asking about the slides is , I was designing a removeable plywood storage box , with a deep pullout like yours and was looking into these monster slides http://www.leevalley.com/hardware/pa...614,43616&ap=1

Nice work ,

OZ
Those are pretty sweet! There a little more than what i would like to spend though. In the drawers i just have fishing things so its not that heavy. In the back park i have my recover gear and other items. If you dont need that much of a weight rating id just get them from lowes. the HD ones are ball bearing as well
Old 04-06-2010, 09:15 AM   #19
Memba
go8soccer is on a distinguished road

go8soccer's Tacoma Gallery
That looks kinda cramped once you and the chick get in there to sleep.. and how would you close the tailgate once you get all the way in the box?

j/k... LOL

Looks awesome man! mad props for that mod
Old 04-06-2010, 09:50 AM   #20
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Nice , how much weight are those full extension slides rated for and how did you fasten the platform to the drivers side bed wall ?

OZ
Those Heavy Duty Drawer slides are rated to hold up to 100 lbs I believe. They are pretty strong. I have used them before.