Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2010 Taco Pricing?

Old 04-05-2010, 03:41 PM   #1
kalaniwavo is on a distinguished road

Name: Nick
kalaniwavo's Tacoma Gallery
2010 Taco Pricing?

Hey, I'm moving from Hawaii to Norcal this summer and plan on getting a new Tacoma. I've always bought used cars/trucks where the pricing is somewhat speculative and can vary based on a infinite amount of factors. So, here's my question... I know exactly what I want. A 2010 V6 4x4 double cab long bed with the TRD sport package. (wish it came with the offroad package but I really need the LB)

Could you guys give me a low and a high price? as in a best realistic deal and also a "don't pay anymore than this or you're getting ripped off price" I wish I could totally bypass the stealership, but since its a new truck I would like to have a game plan before talking to a salesman.

I've checked out edmunds.com, carsdirect.com and a few other websites claiming to have accurate invoice prices but what do you guys think? Any other websites I'm missing that might be helpful?
Old 04-05-2010, 03:47 PM   #2
pwrstrk02 is a splendid one to beholdpwrstrk02 is a splendid one to beholdpwrstrk02 is a splendid one to beholdpwrstrk02 is a splendid one to beholdpwrstrk02 is a splendid one to beholdpwrstrk02 is a splendid one to beholdpwrstrk02 is a splendid one to behold

Name: randy
pwrstrk02's Tacoma Gallery
i have a 2010 dc 4x4 off road. edmonds real pricing was $200 more than what i paid for mine. $28950. my father-in-law is good friends with the sales manager so i know i gave them a very minimal amount of money.
Old 04-05-2010, 03:49 PM   #3
Wolfman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWolfman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWolfman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWolfman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWolfman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWolfman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWolfman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWolfman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWolfman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWolfman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWolfman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Wolfman's Tacoma Gallery
I got my SR5 PreRunner (4 cyl manual) Access Cab for $21,332 plus TT&L.
Old 04-05-2010, 03:49 PM   #4
TREYR is on a distinguished road
TREYR's Tacoma Gallery
I would guess probably in the high 20's.
Old 04-05-2010, 04:02 PM   #5
btkicker will become famous soon enough
btkicker's Tacoma Gallery
costco.com if you have one around your new location.
Old 04-05-2010, 04:04 PM   #6
Awesome Member
tacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: William
tacomakid89's Tacoma Gallery
I got a '10 4x4, Double Cab, TRD Sport, Short Bed, 6-Speed and I paid about $30,000. And that after all the taxes and registration and tags and everything. I also got $1000 off and and a free 42" Samsung Plasma TV(weekend deal that was going on), TRD Cat Back Exhaust and a bed extender throwin in. Hope this helps.
Old 04-05-2010, 04:25 PM   #7
woodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shed
woodygg's Tacoma Gallery
I posted this on another thread... if you want the best price, and to know you got the best price and not play the negotiating game, this is how you buy a car:

1. Go to edmunds.com (yes, there's other websites as well, this is just the one I use) and get the information regarding how much the dealer is paying (it will be within $100 or so). NEVER buy a car without doing this. Information is your friend.

2. Check on edmunds.com for the current, if any, incentives being offered.

Now, only you can decide what a good deal is - meaning how much the vehicle is being marked up. Much of it is timing, supply/demand and how patient you're willing to be. When I was looking at a tacoma, they were scarce for the one i wanted, so i was only able to get it down to $500 over. any other model and i could've gotten it for $100 over.

Now - this is how you do it (I have a lot of experience in this business) - you find out if the dealer has what you want (internet, swing by the dealership - (which I don't do), etc.). I can often find what I want by checking their inventory online. Call and ask for the fleet manager (don't do this until you know exactly what you want - they don't have time to play the game). Tell him what you want, can he get it and how much over invoice is it? They will tell you it's $X over, take it or leave it. They've all even faxed me their invoice, which I ask for. NEVER talk to a salesperson first, they will want in on the deal and potentially complicate it. At this point, you're making and educated decision.

Now, some may point out that dealerships get holdbacks, etc. You'll generally never get that, don't even bother. IF you follow this method, you'll be getting a great deal and know it, not hope.

Good luck!
Old 04-05-2010, 04:48 PM   #8
ThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
ThatGuy18's Tacoma Gallery
Always start your offer at $200 over invoice and never pay over $400 over invoice. That's what my dad's always told me.
Old 04-05-2010, 04:51 PM   #9
swbimny is on a distinguished road
Name: Steve
swbimny's Tacoma Gallery
2010 tacoma pricing

Recently purchased a 2010 access cab 4X4. I looked at Edmunds, Kbb and also tried Costco but there price was about $400 over invoice. Found a website that I felt gave me a more accurate picture on invoice pricing an it also gives you an idea what other are paying. It's www.truecar.com. Took it to the dealer and it worked well for me
Old 04-05-2010, 05:53 PM   #10
Return to the 36 Chambers
JB3CK24 has much to be proud ofJB3CK24 has much to be proud ofJB3CK24 has much to be proud ofJB3CK24 has much to be proud ofJB3CK24 has much to be proud ofJB3CK24 has much to be proud ofJB3CK24 has much to be proud ofJB3CK24 has much to be proud of
Name: Jeff
JB3CK24's Tacoma Gallery
Just bought my truck for $27800+ttl... 2010 4x4 DC TRD Off Road Auto
Old 04-05-2010, 06:14 PM   #11
kenstar is on a distinguished road

Air Force:
Name: Ken
kenstar's Tacoma Gallery
I just got my tacoma last week. Finally its over. I know it sucks finding the one you want and getting the right price. But, shop around is the best thing I can tell you.

They are already hard to find (namely the 4x4), and April onwards its going to get worst. The incentives are going to drop and the prices are going to go up.
Old 04-05-2010, 06:23 PM   #12
packrobottom is one of the sharper tools in the shedpackrobottom is one of the sharper tools in the shedpackrobottom is one of the sharper tools in the shedpackrobottom is one of the sharper tools in the shedpackrobottom is one of the sharper tools in the shedpackrobottom is one of the sharper tools in the shedpackrobottom is one of the sharper tools in the shedpackrobottom is one of the sharper tools in the shedpackrobottom is one of the sharper tools in the shedpackrobottom is one of the sharper tools in the shedpackrobottom is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Pack
packrobottom's Tacoma Gallery
just bought my 2010 access cab prerunner v6 2 wheel drive in march for 22,792
Old 04-05-2010, 06:41 PM   #13
brow has much to be proud ofbrow has much to be proud ofbrow has much to be proud ofbrow has much to be proud ofbrow has much to be proud ofbrow has much to be proud ofbrow has much to be proud ofbrow has much to be proud of

Name: Andy
brow's Tacoma Gallery
2010 access cab, 4 cylinder, 5 speed stick, 4x4 for 24,500 last week... hated paying that much over invoice (23,600) for it, but i checked 6 dealers in the minneapolis area and there were only 3 tacomas that style, and one that wasn't white or red (personaly i think white and red look like delivery trucks). Proud new owner of a silver tacoma.
Old 04-05-2010, 08:24 PM   #14
kalaniwavo is on a distinguished road

Name: Nick
kalaniwavo's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks everyone for the info! Thats more or less what I was thinking too, just under 30K loaded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenstar View Post
They are already hard to find (namely the 4x4), and April onwards its going to get worst. The incentives are going to drop and the prices are going to go up.
You think the dealerships are going to start drying up begining in April? I'm not planning on buying until late August when I move. I've heard you can "order" a taco if you're willing to wait a few months for delivery but don't know the details. could be an option... I definantly don't want to wait until the 2011 model
Old 04-05-2010, 08:38 PM   #15
ROADHOG will become famous soon enoughROADHOG will become famous soon enough
ROADHOG's Tacoma Gallery
$28,000 otd for my 2010 TRD Offroad fully loaded 6 speed manual truck.$31,000 after 72 month financing.I'm happy!
Old 04-05-2010, 10:11 PM   #16
kenstar is on a distinguished road

Air Force:
Name: Ken
kenstar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalaniwavo View Post
Thanks everyone for the info! Thats more or less what I was thinking too, just under 30K loaded.

You think the dealerships are going to start drying up begining in April? I'm not planning on buying until late August when I move. I've heard you can "order" a taco if you're willing to wait a few months for delivery but don't know the details. could be an option... I definantly don't want to wait until the 2011 model
When I was shopping around. You could find a Prerunner fairly easy as opposed to the more sought after 4x4. Toyota did the incentives deal to instill confidence etc. in their vehicles. With incentives they made out pretty good with sales. The incentives I had ended in March. So, with this I'm just saying you aren't going to get as good of a deal. But, since you said you are going to be buying in August.. who knows. Especially since that's around the time they offer next years models.
Old 04-05-2010, 10:26 PM   #17
zdog is a splendid one to beholdzdog is a splendid one to beholdzdog is a splendid one to beholdzdog is a splendid one to beholdzdog is a splendid one to beholdzdog is a splendid one to beholdzdog is a splendid one to behold

Army: Mos 100b
Name: John
zdog's Tacoma Gallery
I paid 19,991 out the door which included license fees for my 4x2 SR5 4 cylinder. The sales man told me that because they only had a couple of days left in the month they dropped the price for me without much hassle in order to make their quota. I used USAAs buying service to get prices and then played one dealer against the other. Sorry, you have to be a member to use it.

ZDog
Old 04-05-2010, 10:49 PM   #18
2010pyrite is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010pyrite is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010pyrite is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010pyrite is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010pyrite is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010pyrite is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010pyrite is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010pyrite is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010pyrite is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010pyrite is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010pyrite is one of the sharper tools in the shed
2010pyrite's Tacoma Gallery
just bought mine last friday
2010 trd sport
reverse cam
leather wheel and shift knob
6 speed
v6
tow package
it was on sale, i paid 28k plus tax and licence
Im sure hawaii is slightly higher
but since i just bought one 3 months ago, they have a loyalty program which gives me all my scheduled maintenance free for the first 2 years.
Attached Thumbnails
2010 Taco Pricing?-5.jpg   2010 Taco Pricing?-2.jpg   2010 Taco Pricing?-1.jpg   2010 Taco Pricing?-4.jpg   2010 Taco Pricing?-3.jpg  

Old 04-06-2010, 12:22 AM   #19
Wolfman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWolfman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWolfman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWolfman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWolfman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWolfman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWolfman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWolfman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWolfman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWolfman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWolfman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Wolfman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodygg View Post
I posted this on another thread... if you want the best price, and to know you got the best price and not play the negotiating game, this is how you buy a car:

1. Go to edmunds.com (yes, there's other websites as well, this is just the one I use) and get the information regarding how much the dealer is paying (it will be within $100 or so). NEVER buy a car without doing this. Information is your friend.

2. Check on edmunds.com for the current, if any, incentives being offered.

Now, only you can decide what a good deal is - meaning how much the vehicle is being marked up. Much of it is timing, supply/demand and how patient you're willing to be. When I was looking at a tacoma, they were scarce for the one i wanted, so i was only able to get it down to $500 over. any other model and i could've gotten it for $100 over.

Now - this is how you do it (I have a lot of experience in this business) - you find out if the dealer has what you want (internet, swing by the dealership - (which I don't do), etc.). I can often find what I want by checking their inventory online. Call and ask for the fleet manager (don't do this until you know exactly what you want - they don't have time to play the game). Tell him what you want, can he get it and how much over invoice is it? They will tell you it's $X over, take it or leave it. They've all even faxed me their invoice, which I ask for. NEVER talk to a salesperson first, they will want in on the deal and potentially complicate it. At this point, you're making and educated decision.

Now, some may point out that dealerships get holdbacks, etc. You'll generally never get that, don't even bother. IF you follow this method, you'll be getting a great deal and know it, not hope.

Good luck!
I'm one of the lucky ones that did get to dig into dealer holdback. Their cost for my truck was $21532, and I got it $200 below that number. The thing is to make sure that you have every bit of information available that you can get your mitts on.

Right now is a good time to push hard to get every penny you can work out of them due to the negative press. As another poster said, his buying right at the 11th hour of making quota helped him as well.
Old 04-06-2010, 03:28 AM   #20
StandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Prior service. KC135 Crew Chief
Name: John
StandingCow's Tacoma Gallery
Just do your research, and go in with plenty of info on the truck you want. As others said edmunds is a great site. I also did a price check with carsdirect, and USAA.

The only thing they weaseled me on was the 1000 rebate... they tried to tell me they were including that in the discount price (should have told them I want that price and the rebate), but I was on 30 hours without sleep and didn't really react.