1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Annoying squeak, May take to stealership

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by airsoft_warrior, Apr 5, 2010.

1. May 7, 2010 at 8:13 AM
    gcwaterski

gcwaterski Well-Known Member

Member:
    I still think dealers are dipshits. Sorry :)

Yowzers if you are over 36k you better hope they save some of that "lubrication" for your arse :p

Yeah mine truck is doing better now- I jacked up the back from the hitch, rinsed the leafs and susp. components really well, and greased the hell out of it. Then I did the same from the front. Mucho Mucho better!

Try it airsoft_warrior! I just picked up some spray lube from Autozone.

2. May 7, 2010 at 12:14 PM
    airsoft_warrior

airsoft_warrior [OP] Batman

Member:
    First Name:
    Zack
    Edgewater, Maryland
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tacoma DCLB Limited
    TRD Performance Exhaust
    Where did you spray the lube? What kind was it? I got under mine last night and tried to locate the squeak and put some lube on it but couldnt locate it positively sounded like from the uca now or the strut. I dunno anymore. I guess i will try it. Sucks though cause i dont have a jack at home. I dont really want to go out an buy one either.

3. May 7, 2010 at 4:26 PM
    Isthatahemi

Isthatahemi Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD OFF ROAD
    BFG AT's, Weathertechs, Hoppy's brake controller.
    WD-40 consists primarily of solvent and mineral oil. There is no acid in it whatsoever. Don't make shit up.

4. May 7, 2010 at 9:03 PM
    gcwaterski

gcwaterski Well-Known Member

Member:
    I used some kinda clear aerosol spray grease. Uhm. Gosh can't remember the name! I will take a look at the can and get back with ya on that :) Any should do. I did it last time with some generic lookin shit my grandad had- it lasted forever!

But since I did it, and posted the previous comment earlier at work- the squeak came back in the front. The back leafs that were loud as hell are QUIET now. But I am starting to wonder if it may be my front brakes! I dunno though. A mechanic that was greasing the grease fittings under the truck said everything was sound. That's good. Don't want a wheel falling off going down the road or something!

5. May 9, 2010 at 7:10 AM
    airsoft_warrior

Member:
    First Name:
    Zack
    Edgewater, Maryland
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tacoma DCLB Limited
    TRD Performance Exhaust
    And you have the billies5100's? I have stock ucas and billies and I am wondering if it needs aftermarket ones?

6. May 9, 2010 at 2:45 PM
    renmauzo

renmauzo Member

Member:
    Arizona.
    Vehicle:
    '10 DC LB in Timberland Mica.
    I don't know if this applies to you, but I recently ran into the same problem. The squeak was only on the setting 1 or 2 and it was just the weirdest annoying sound ever.

Dealership wouldn't do anything about it, so I decided to check it out. What had ended up happening is the air inlets below the windshield had let in leaves and other debris that had someone squeaked their way through the cabin air filter. You won't be able to see it if you're not looking for it, but yeah. I ended up getting a new cabin filter and duct-taping the edges for extra rigidity.

The sound is gone.

Make sure that isn't the problem.

BTW, I also noticed that mold was growing on the filter itself -- I'm kinda curious as to whether or not water is getting in through that same place.

7. May 10, 2010 at 4:51 PM
    airsoft_warrior

Member:
    First Name:
    Zack
    Edgewater, Maryland
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tacoma DCLB Limited
    TRD Performance Exhaust
    Well the dealership ended up fixing it they replaced the motor. Mine was actually the blower.

Products Discussed in

To Top