LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Need help - Who is handy with a tape measure?

Old 04-06-2010, 01:48 AM   #1
Loving this
Jap is a splendid one to beholdJap is a splendid one to beholdJap is a splendid one to beholdJap is a splendid one to beholdJap is a splendid one to beholdJap is a splendid one to beholdJap is a splendid one to behold
Jap's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up Need help - Who is handy with a tape measure?

Hi Guys,

As some of you know, I've just joined and I'm finding similarities between my '09 Hilux and your (2nd Gen?) Tacomas...

I've ordered a K&N Intake Kit Part #77-9025KP

I'm confident it will fit, but I'm hungry for more go fast bits, they are VERY thin on the ground over here in Australia.

For a start, has anyone got one of these intakes?
Can you get some measurements for me?

Thanks in advance.
Old 04-06-2010, 01:56 AM   #2
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
First, do you even have the same engine? The MAF might not fit... and it probably wouldn't line up at all. However, if it is the petrol v6...

I don't run one as the stock airbox is a cold air intake already... but if you do want to run something like that as long as the piping matches up... you can probably modify the closed off part a bit to fit. You could also buy any aftermarket filter and run your own piping (they sell kits with the silicon fittings and various bends, cut up a straight). Just another thought, might even be cheaper.

To see any real gain from this, you need supporting mods like DT long tube headers, controllable ecu, exhaust, ect... Honestly, for the money the best bang for your buck if you're not going boosted (supercharged/turbo), just get a drop in AFE dry pro... almost identical performance on a non boosted setup, and a lot cheaper.
Old 04-06-2010, 02:03 AM   #3
Loving this
Jap is a splendid one to beholdJap is a splendid one to beholdJap is a splendid one to beholdJap is a splendid one to beholdJap is a splendid one to beholdJap is a splendid one to beholdJap is a splendid one to behold
Jap's Tacoma Gallery
I got the 1GR with the TRD blower kit...
It's already got a smaller blower pulley, short tube extractors and interceptor ECU
Old 04-06-2010, 02:21 AM   #4
Dirty Trucker
TacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hayden
TacoSupreem's Tacoma Gallery
Hey mate, I don't think trd recommends using any aftermarket intake with there blower. I would suggest keeping your factory airbox and upgrading to a high flow filter like the AFE pro dry s. Good day!
Old 04-06-2010, 02:26 AM   #5
Loving this
Jap's Tacoma Gallery
cheers

does anyone run an A750F 5 speed trans behind the 1GR?
Old 04-06-2010, 03:20 AM   #6
Loving this
Jap's Tacoma Gallery
It would have been nice, but the TRD intake would have cost over $700 landed.

If it goes backwards, i'll shelve it lol

Products Discussed in this Thread