1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

NEVER GO TO FIRESTONE!! $7500.00 in damages

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Jreaka13, Apr 6, 2010.

1. Apr 6, 2010 at 7:01 PM
    brettb

brettb Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    Laramie, Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    '99 Tacoma

:yay::yay: Not trying to be mean, but im glad they got what they deserved. I'm glad you got your truck fixed and you didn't have to pay the damages.

2. Apr 6, 2010 at 7:15 PM
    lembowski

lembowski Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Rolando, CA
    Vehicle:
    Jeeper Creeper
    I got the lifetime alignment done on my truck last week. They had me in and out within 45 minutes and gave me a read out of their work. Truck tracks way better then when I brought it in. I'm overall happy and the $150 deal will pay for itself after 4 alignments.

3. Apr 6, 2010 at 7:22 PM
    dhurley

dhurley Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Vehicle:
    04 Double Cab TRD SR5 V6
    TRD, Snugtop Super-Sport, bedliner, receiver hitch, alarm mod, deck plate mod, AFE Pro-Dry S, Saddleman camo seat covers, TW decal, grey wire mod w/switch, DRL, LED cupholder mod, Dynomax Super Turbo, aux back-up lights, Devil Horns by Andres, "blue plug" mod for 2LO, shorty antenna, Pro Comp fog & driving lights, receiver shackle, 15% tint front windows, stainless nerf bars, Ultra Gauge, diff breather mod
    Yeah, must have been the store you went to. I've been going to one here for 18 years or so and have been pleased with their work. Every time we get a different vehicle, we get the lifetime alignment.

4. Apr 6, 2010 at 8:41 PM
    blackwidow2009

blackwidow2009 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Cleveland
    Vehicle:
    09 Access Cab 4X4 TRD w/ SR5
    2.5" front lift Daystar coilover spacer. 2.5" rear lift add-a-leaf N-Fab wheel to wheel nerf/step bar Polished Stainless Leer cap from my 2000 Tacoma --- It does fit; don't let them lie to you

I don't agree with you, but I do agree with JREAKA13. Because.....Firestone corperate should have admitted their employee did the damage and said all repair bills will be payed by them from the begining. From what Jreaka13 said he had to fight with them inorder for that to happen. That's bullshit! I am beyond sick and tired of that kind of treatment. And "WE" the consumer can put a stop to it, or at least a really big dent. When "WE" talk to others about these things and form a Boycot on them, then we get their attention. Until then, most companies will do whatever they can to save a buck, which includes fucking us if they need to.

So he was right for saying what he did!!!

5. Apr 6, 2010 at 9:11 PM
    Hootbro

Hootbro Omnipotent

Member:
    Delaware
    Vehicle:
    2019 SR/SX Tacoma Access Cab 4x4 3.5L
    I have the lifetime Firestone alignment on my Tacoma also. Has paid for itself already. Bought it when I had swapped out my base shocks for a TRD set and then use it again when I hit a curb a little too hard one time. Both times the techs did a great job and this was at two different stores in two different states.

As others have said, you just happen to be unlucky and got the douche bag techs working a douche bag store.

6. Apr 6, 2010 at 9:34 PM
    pwrstrk02

pwrstrk02 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    randy
    kansas city missouri
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4,dc,off road, black pearl
    I don't agree with you. Look at the other posts that say they Didnt have problems. Did he call corp. Or did he get ahold of some lazy guy that was a regional manager? Kinda like saying all Toyota have sticky gas pedals or all who disagree with are idiots.

7. Apr 6, 2010 at 9:43 PM
    WilsonTheDog

WilsonTheDog Kylie's dad

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Myrtle Beach SC
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner SR5 DC/SB V6
    Magnaflow 12576 muffler & chrome tip, Westin step bars, 27% tint, Pop N Lock, AFE ProdryS, bed mat, Husky liners, D-rings added, Access Literider tonneau, Pioneer 4-ways all around, GY Wrangler Duratracs 265/75/16, 5100's @ 1.75", 1.5" AAL
    So the corporate office of any company in America should just take some guy's word for it and just pay up front without investigating? Do I REALLY need to point out that we're only getting one side of the story?

8. Apr 6, 2010 at 10:10 PM
    bakerla

bakerla Man, Myth, Legend

Member:
    First Name:
    Lyndall
    Pearland, TX
    Vehicle:
    '10 4wd OR
    CBI Moab front and CBI Trailrider rear, Budbuilt skids, Shrockworks sliders, OME Dakars w/ OME Nitros, OME 886x w/ OME Nitros, Light Racing UCAs, stainless steel brakelines F/R, Cobra 75 w/ Firestik antenna, 255/85/16 Cooper ST Maxx on 1st gen alloys, Weathertech liners, Engo 9000S winch, stickars and other shit.
    I've heard good things about that Firestone. I'm out on the east side and have taken my truck to NTB for an alignment. Going to get it redone, i'm not liking how things are set at the moment.

9. Apr 8, 2010 at 9:53 AM
    Jreaka13

Jreaka13 [OP] COLORADO!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma extended bed Sport
    Everything that i have done so starting first with the shell, westin sportsman front grill,PIAA fog lights, westin rear light guards, dee-zee side steps, Nice upgradred rims and tires, dvd player,12 inch sub, Halo headlights, K&n Cold air intake, bed mat......
    lol i dont know how to spell it... basically they made my frame wholes oblonged... so it was a bigger hole than shold be their.. if that makes since

10. Apr 8, 2010 at 11:24 AM
    81shark

81shark Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2006 Base Access CP1
    firestones are hit and miss

back in Toledo, i didn't have any issues with them, since moving to chicago land, i've been too two different ones. first one almosts dropped my truck doing an oil change and a second one tighted the oil drain on my gf's car so tight that i couldn't get it off. ended up needing to buy a new drain bolt after having semi stripped the head.

anyways, no more firestone out here for me.

11. Apr 11, 2010 at 10:16 PM
    blackwidow2009

blackwidow2009 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Cleveland
    Vehicle:
    09 Access Cab 4X4 TRD w/ SR5
    2.5" front lift Daystar coilover spacer. 2.5" rear lift add-a-leaf N-Fab wheel to wheel nerf/step bar Polished Stainless Leer cap from my 2000 Tacoma --- It does fit; don't let them lie to you

Oh totally true...we did get only one side of the story. And please don't think that I ment that corperate should take any costomers word as fact without invetigating. But from how it sounded to me, was that there was an investigation, and he still needed to fight with them. This is obviously a large cost/bill/expence, and not just a wrong order at a burger joint. This is something much more serious then that.

Accidents happen. They suck!!!, but they happen. And when they do, it is expected that they are made right. And if not by the store, in this case, then by corperate, which considering the amount, I'm sure it defalted to corperate anyway. But when a company does not do that, then yes, we should bitch and complain and tell people about it...why let someone else get screwed.

I'm sure you have, as well as just about everyone on TW, been pissed off enough by a company that you need to vent about them. And I believe that anyone driven to that point, must have been either screwed really bad, or pissed off that bad.

12. Apr 11, 2010 at 10:24 PM
    amaes

amaes Cuz Stock Sucks

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2011 FJ Built
    ICON Stage 6, RCI Skids, Blacked out
    This is true.

I've seen my friends truck and his tabs are all jacked up so he bought the TC ones. Those things are beefy!

13. Apr 11, 2010 at 10:29 PM
    DGXR

DGXR Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Friend
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle:
    2006 2.7L SR5 2-wheel drive
    Sorry to hear about the ordeal. At least it was finally fixed right, Firestone finally bucked up and it seems you were not put out too much with the loaner and all.

I have to say: My family has been going to the local Firestone for decades for all kinds of services and repairs, and not one of us has ever had a problem. In fact, my brother-in-law knows one person who works there and everyone in my family gets a discount because of it. And I seriously doubt they are giving us better service just because one family member knows one employee. They do good work.

14. Apr 11, 2010 at 11:10 PM
    philobeddoe

philobeddoe ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Member:
    First Name:
    - philo
    Nashville, TN
    Vehicle:
    2010 Gray Tacoma TRD
    Tom Woods Custom Driveshaft
    glad your truck is fixed ...

but i think your keyboard is busted