Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

question about stock alloy rims?

Old 04-06-2010, 05:02 PM   #1
danmckennat is on a distinguished road
danmckennat's Tacoma Gallery
question about stock alloy rims?

i noticed today on my 09 tacoma that my alloy rims are starting to peel and corrode all along the outside of the rim right next to the bead seal on the tire. The truck has less then 20,000 miles on it, is anyone else experiencing this problem? since it was under warranty i was thinking about taking it into the dealer but i am sure i know there answer already is going to be "cant do anything". if anybody has the same issue i would love to know and love to know what you did about it. thanks guys
Old 04-06-2010, 06:35 PM   #2
Newbee
MNTaco is on a distinguished road

MNTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I've got a 2010 with under 3K miles, so I haven't seen any problems yet. But I've subscribed, just in case.
Old 04-07-2010, 08:52 AM   #3
thinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
thinkingman's Tacoma Gallery
Take it in a make a fuss.
This is another example of legendary Toyota quality.
Search the forum...lots of shitty wheels on Toyota cars.
Old 04-07-2010, 03:30 PM   #4
Michigan Member
BCTacoma2010 is on a distinguished road

Name: Jay
BCTacoma2010's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkingman View Post
Take it in a make a fuss.
This is another example of legendary Toyota quality.
Search the forum...lots of shitty wheels on Toyota cars.
I just traded a 03 Highlander with 100,000 miles and never had a problem with the alloy wheels.
Old 04-07-2010, 03:31 PM   #5
thinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
thinkingman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCTacoma2010 View Post
I just traded a 03 Highlander with 100,000 miles and never had a problem with the alloy wheels.
I think that was before Toyota totally mailed it in re quality.
Old 04-07-2010, 04:39 PM   #6
Banned
Isthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Isthatahemi's Tacoma Gallery
^^^^INFIDEL!!
j/k
Old 04-07-2010, 05:03 PM   #7
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
170k on my Matrix with stock Toyota alloys and the only problems are gouges from flying rocks...no finish delam or anything like that.

The alloys on the truck still look perfect, but it's barely got over 5k on it.
Old 04-07-2010, 05:30 PM   #8
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i noticed today on my 09 tacoma that my alloy rims are starting to peel and corrode all along the outside of the rim right next to the bead seal on the tire. The truck has less then 20,000 miles on it, is anyone else experiencing this problem? since it was under warranty i was thinking about taking it into the dealer but i am sure i know there answer already is going to be "cant do anything". if anybody has the same issue i would love to know and love to know what you did about it. thanks guys
Take it into the dealer. This issue has occurred with others as well.
Old 04-07-2010, 05:32 PM   #9
The Red Bull
BassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Aviation Electronics Tech
Name: Dylan
BassAckwardsDyl's Tacoma Gallery
I had a problem with my rims on my 07, the dealership replaced all 4 rims... Good luck
Old 04-08-2010, 03:32 PM   #10
danmckennat is on a distinguished road
danmckennat's Tacoma Gallery
i am going to take it in next week i hope they will do something about it and replace them