1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

My hidden wire Grom Ipod Setup/ Bargain Black Exhaust Tip

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by RSH904, Apr 6, 2010.

1. Apr 6, 2010 at 6:40 PM
    RSH904

RSH904 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Akron, Oh
    Vehicle:
    Red and Black Attack
    Extang Trifecta Tonneau Painted Stock Wheels De Badged Yellow Fogs AVS Bugflector II UWS Running Boads Hunter Bully Bar HD Satoshi
    A couple small mods

1. Grom Audio Ipod Interface came. Easy as hell to install. Works great. I already had the Bracketron Vent Clip ($10 at Best Buy). I left the Grom unit behind the radio and brought the wire out through a small notch i cut out at the corner of the 4x4 switch (you have to take out the 4x4 switch to install anyways). This way I dont have a wire hanging all over.

2. Probably not too exciting to most of you but I wanted a nice clean black ceramic exhaust tip. Since they are really expensive I did up a cheap alternative. I bought a cheapy stainless tip from Autozone ($20) scuffed it up and hit it with about 8 coats of high temp paint ($6). Had to trim off about 2.5 inches from the tail pipe so it didnt stick out too far. Clamped it on and drove all weekend. No issues at all. I think it looks better than it did for $26.

P4060028.jpg
    P4060029.jpg
    P4060032.jpg
    P4060033.jpg
    P4060035.jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top