Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2010 Exhausts

Old 04-07-2010, 07:43 PM   #1
trdr6 has a brilliant futuretrdr6 has a brilliant futuretrdr6 has a brilliant futuretrdr6 has a brilliant futuretrdr6 has a brilliant futuretrdr6 has a brilliant futuretrdr6 has a brilliant futuretrdr6 has a brilliant futuretrdr6 has a brilliant futuretrdr6 has a brilliant futuretrdr6 has a brilliant future

Name: Clay
trdr6's Tacoma Gallery
2010 Exhausts

I just got my 010 trd off road double cab and was wondering if any of you guys have found any exhausts other than the flowmaster american thunder. I'd like to have the magnaflow. Anyone put an older model magnaflow catback on the 2010?
Old 04-07-2010, 07:44 PM   #2
NWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NWtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
stock>*
Old 04-07-2010, 07:46 PM   #4
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Check out Youtube, and find one that you like the sound of. Welcome to TW!
Old 04-07-2010, 07:49 PM   #5
PB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Patrick
PB65stang's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
Don't waste the money on a catback. Just get a Magnaflow muffler and get it welded in the stock tubing.
This. I don't see a reason to pay a company for the same pipe you already have. This is what I'm going to do - weld in a muffler and a nice tip, and you're done.
Old 04-07-2010, 07:51 PM   #6
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
I'm not a fan of just welding in a muffler. I went with a Banks system and I couldn't be happier. There is also TRD, Magnaflow, MBRP, Gibson...a simple search will show you your options.
Old 04-07-2010, 07:58 PM   #8
PB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
I'm interested to hear why...
x2. In my previous experience, the factory exhaust pipes have lasted longer than any aftermarket ones. Besides, it's not like we are putting these exhausts on for massive power gains. It's a sound thing.
Old 04-07-2010, 07:59 PM   #9
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
I'm interested to hear why...
Seems too cheap to me. Also I'm sure with mods the catback will come into play and no I don't mean just an intake either.
Old 04-07-2010, 08:03 PM   #10
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
To each their own...
For just an Intake/Exhaust and maybe a MafCal- I've never seen an aftermarket system last longer than a stock system....Not worth paying 400+ bones for a system that I can get similar gains for 80 bucks + welding cost.
For a true build- Cams/FI/head work/heavy tuning. I'd build a whole new exhaust system....but that's a bit different than a normal upgrade...and seemed a bit far past what the OP was looking for...
Old 04-07-2010, 08:05 PM   #11
Banned
I don't mind spending some cash for a quality product. I have seen what some exhaust shops do and no thanks.
Old 04-07-2010, 08:09 PM   #13
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
got the trd on mine
Old 04-07-2010, 08:10 PM   #15
Banned
Maybe it's just California but all the shops around here just plain suck. There are one or two good ones that I have heard about but I have never seen their work.
Old 04-07-2010, 08:17 PM   #17

If I had such bad experiences with muffler shops then I might follow your route, whippersnapper. Guess that's a plus about living in the Midwest, a lot of the local shops around here are very good and fair...it's how they keep their business. Some bad press amongst car guys around here will get you closed up quick.