1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Did the Orange dash lights grow on u?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Tactical Tacoma, Apr 8, 2010.

?

Has/did the orange dash lights grow on you?

Poll closed May 8, 2010.
  1. Yes

292 vote(s)
    72.3%
  2. No

91 vote(s)
    22.5%
  3. Didn't give it time to....did a color swap asap

21 vote(s)
    5.2%
  1. Apr 8, 2010 at 12:59 AM
    Tactical Tacoma

Tactical Tacoma [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Seth
    McKinney, TX
    Vehicle:
    '12 MGM DCSB Sport 4WD
    ARB air compressor, ARB rear air locker, sPOD switch panel in sunglass holder, OME Front & rear shocks, 885x coils, Dakar leaf springs, Icon tubular UCA's, Flowmaster 40 Series Exhaust, aFe Pro Dry, TRD Sport wheels powder coated anthracite, FJ TRD center caps, Thule roof rack, 886 fog lights for reverse light mod, CSjumper LED DTRL's, Nokya Yellow fogs, plastidipped lower valence, Weathertechs, Wet Okoles. And MANY MORE MODS, READ BUILD!
    So the day I bought my Tacoma I was super dissappointed in toyota's choice in gauge color...orange WTF. However over the past few months it's grown on me to the point that I'm not even looking into bothering with a color swap anymore.......thoughts

2. Apr 8, 2010 at 1:01 AM
    Krazie Sj

Krazie Sj Resident Jackass

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Borla Catback Exhaust, Snorkel, 33s on either 16's or 18's, ARB Bumper, All Pro LT w/Walker Evan Shocks front and back, All Pro expedition leaf pack, 10,000lb Superwinch, Intake Manifold Spacer, Bed Rack with ARB RTT, Rotopack and Hi Lift mounted, Husky Liner mats and an air freshener from 1995.
    I love it. At first I was like, Orange, really? Why not white or blue. But for night driving it's awesome for not ruining my night vision. That and it's nice and warm and grrr which matches the borla exhaust.

3. Apr 8, 2010 at 1:04 AM
    05PreRunner

05PreRunner "Living life in the FAST lane..."

Member:
    <-(714)-> SO-CAL
    TRD intake, JBA "shorty" headers, URD y-pipe
    :cool:
    I honestly didn't really mind the orange..but i just haad to change things up...
    [​IMG]

4. Apr 8, 2010 at 1:06 AM
    Duck760

Duck760 The Duck

Member:
    I took the cluster apart today but im not the best sodderer... im kinda stuck

5. Apr 8, 2010 at 1:07 AM
    SurfInferno

SurfInferno Dont be stupid, its not smart.

Member:
    First Name:
    Dylan
    Littleton, CO
    Vehicle:
    2001 DC
  6. Apr 8, 2010 at 1:08 AM
    SurfInferno

SurfInferno Dont be stupid, its not smart.

Member:
    First Name:
    Dylan
    Littleton, CO
    Vehicle:
    2001 DC
    its easy once you get going....just remember flux is your friend. flux EVERYTHING

7. Apr 8, 2010 at 1:11 AM
    Tactical Tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Seth
    McKinney, TX
    Vehicle:
    '12 MGM DCSB Sport 4WD
    ARB air compressor, ARB rear air locker, sPOD switch panel in sunglass holder, OME Front & rear shocks, 885x coils, Dakar leaf springs, Icon tubular UCA's, Flowmaster 40 Series Exhaust, aFe Pro Dry, TRD Sport wheels powder coated anthracite, FJ TRD center caps, Thule roof rack, 886 fog lights for reverse light mod, CSjumper LED DTRL's, Nokya Yellow fogs, plastidipped lower valence, Weathertechs, Wet Okoles. And MANY MORE MODS, READ BUILD!
    yeah I felt like they should have done blue or white too. Or maybe a TRD red. But I agree about the night vision. I personally like to travel at night on trips and recently on spring break I drove a 10 hr trip to OK and fell in love with the orange lights. I change all the green LEDs in my 91 celica to blue and love it, but it can be hard on the eyes at night.

8. Apr 8, 2010 at 1:13 AM
    Duck760

Duck760 The Duck

Member:
    Yeah its just the space to work with is small... im going in the morning to pick some up

9. Apr 8, 2010 at 1:27 AM
    ToucanV13

ToucanV13 You think I was rollin out here naked?

Member:
    San Diego and Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Infideled out TRD Sport 4X4
    285/70 Hankook AT-M, Window vents, TRD CAI, TRD Cat-back exhaust with WickedFlow can, AFE Throttle Body Spacer, Billy 5100 @ 2.5 and 1" block rear, RBP nerf bars, Halo HIDs, 20% tint up front
    I keep em turned down real low for starters. Also I have a black and OD green theme going so I'm kinda used to it from the mil, plus it just goes good with it.

10. Apr 8, 2010 at 1:34 AM
    blackwatertaco

blackwatertaco If you ain't stuck, You ain't tryin hard enough.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Alvin/Pasadena, Tx
    Vehicle:
    08 taco, 4x4 2.7 5spd.
    One fucked up diff. breather mod, 265/75/16 Destiny Dakota M/T Black gulf states rims BHLM Magnaflow 14" muffler with cut off tail pipe. 10" pioneer slim truck sub with JBL 600W amp. PROJECT BLACK OUT
    I love the orange...Very easy on the eyes for night time driving.

11. Apr 8, 2010 at 1:35 AM
    Kelson

Kelson Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelson
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    08 5-Lug Reg. Cab SR5
    SR5 Exterior/Interior (Color matched Front Bumper, Chrome Grille Surround and Chrome Rear Bumper/Silver Scoshe Dash Kit, A/C Bezel, A/C Vent Surround) LED license plate and white interior lights, Wet Okole Seat Covers, iPad in-Dash, JL CL-RLC, JL 13TW5 sub, JL 500/1 Slash V1 amp, JL XR 6.5 Components, Rockford Fosgate 6X9s in Boxes Front XRunner Coils, DJM Control Arms and Rear 4X4 Leafs, Custom 2" Angled Streetacos.com Blocks Front XR Bilstien Struts and Rear XR Bilstien Shocks, CravenSpeen Antennae, RX-8 Rims w/ Fronts:235/40-R18 Sumitomo HTR Rears:245/40-R18 Goodyear Eagle GT, 35% Tint front windows, OEM Sliding Privacy Glass w/ 5% Ceramic Tint, Flowmaster Super 44 dumped before the axle, URD Short Throw Shifter, Door Sill Protectors, Door Edge Guards, OEM Sport Pedals,The Retrofit Source Morimoto Mini D2S Stage III 35W 5K HID Headlights, OEM Fog Lights w/ piss yellow bulbs, OEM Cruise Control, Porsche 944 Bucket Seats, BeefedTaco Skid Plate, Whale
    yah...it kinda has. gotta change out my HU tho its blue...want it to all match orange..

12. Apr 8, 2010 at 2:09 AM
    dustinuhls

dustinuhls Well-Known Member

Member:
    Manhattan, KS
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD Sport 4wd
    Icon Coilovers, Magnaflow, K&N Intake
    I like orange, it's my favorite color. The only thing that I don't like is matching it to an aftermarket stereo head unit. Most of the ones I find that are what I want (double din, Ipod ready, affordable, BlueTooth, etc.) always come in blue and/or green. I figured I could just switch the dash lights, but then started thinking about the clock, door window switches, etc., that wouldn't match and decided it wasn't worth it. (I'm kinda OCD)

Anyone know of a good head unit that will do all these things and has the orange color that will match our Tacoma's??

13. Apr 8, 2010 at 2:15 AM
    Tactical Tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Seth
    McKinney, TX
    Vehicle:
    '12 MGM DCSB Sport 4WD
    I'm the same way bro, like i said i did it in my 91 celia, and once i did the dash, i had to do the HVAc, door switches, clock, etc. It looks great but wasnt worth the effort honestly. I started to research how to do it once i joined this site but sooned realized its almost impossible to change the hvac, plus i'd have to do the steering wheel buttons too......its just too much work.

I personally am going with a Pioneer Dub Din unit, i heard most the Pioneers have a huge spectrum of colors that the buttons can be changed to. Plus I've alwaysran pioneer premier systems

14. Apr 8, 2010 at 2:30 AM
    StandingCow

StandingCow Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    09 SR5 4x4 V6 access cab
    They never bothered me, hardly even notice.

15. Apr 8, 2010 at 3:34 AM
    dustinuhls

Member:
    Manhattan, KS
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD Sport 4wd

That is one of the only brands I've found that has multiple color choices. I just didn't know if they were close to our Toyota orange, or if they had a nice double din with Ipod and BlueTooth options.

16. Apr 8, 2010 at 3:49 AM
    BradleyScottETC

BradleyScottETC Class IV Category 8 Elite VIP Member (Only)

Member:
    First Name:
    Bradley
    Lake County, FL
    Vehicle:
    10 4.0 AC 4x4
    Orange has always been my favorite. Green looks like some cheap domestic piece of crap to me, and I think blue is too bright. Orange, or red.

17. Apr 8, 2010 at 4:05 AM
    SManZ

SManZ Sold the Taco in June 2020

Member:
    Fauquier County, VA
    Vehicle:
    Current, 2020 Ford Super Duty Tremor, Previously 2010 Supercharged 4x4 Tacoma Sport 6-spd
    TRD Supercharger, King 2.5" extended travel remote-resi coilovers, OME Dakar leaf packs, King 2.5" extended travel rear shocks, Total Chaos UCAs, MBRP turndown exhaust, TRD intake, TRD Quickshifter, Goodridge SS brake lines, EBC Sport Rotors, Hawk HPS pads, TRD FJ Cruiser Special Edition 16" Anthracite Rims, Spidertrax wheel spacers, 265/75R16 A/T, Autometer oil pressure, oil temp gauges, TRD boost gauge, PLX DM-100 OBD II scanner, flexpod mounts, A-pillar gauge pods
    The interior lights on my 350Z were orange so it wasn't much of an adjustment. It really does help with the night driving which is when I notice them, so they're staying as is. When I get gauge pods they'll be orange too :)

I had a '00 Frontier that I put these indiglo gauge faces on. They were white face but would glow blue at night. It was cool but it was definitely distracting at night, even on the dim setting.

18. Apr 8, 2010 at 4:18 AM
    HomerTaco

HomerTaco also HomerTaco Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco ...................................................................................................................................................... Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill with 12-15 front-end swap/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad mini / Safari Snorkel / Auto-pilot mode / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust re-route / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift / Inchworm 4.7 crawlbox / twin stick FJ t-case / Davez off-road triple-stick kit/
    I bleed orange......:)

19. Apr 8, 2010 at 4:21 AM
    mws4ua

mws4ua I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Birmingham
    Vehicle:
    2018 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 4x4... Yeah yeah, I know.
    My previous car had orange, too. When I got into a Taco for the first time I was pleased to find that I had accidentally found another vehicle with that color.

20. Apr 8, 2010 at 4:38 AM
    dustinuhls

Member:
    Manhattan, KS
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD Sport 4wd
    Like I said, I like the orange, but does anyone make an aftermarket DoubleDin stereo with the Ipod and BlueTooth options that I want in an orange color screen?

Products Discussed in

To Top