Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

MOLLE Panels for Tacos

Old 04-08-2010, 02:22 PM   #1
twostring is on a distinguished road
twostring's Tacoma Gallery
MOLLE Panels for Tacos

I'm working on drawing up some plans for panels to accept MOLLE components (much like the panels designed by Springtail Solutions for the FJ Cruiser). So far I'm working on something that will fit in the storage bin behind the rear seat and maybe something that hangs off of the bed rail system (perhaps with a locking cover?). I couldn't find anything already on the market and wanted to know if there was any interest in something like this from the tacoma community. I've been working with JP Metal Fabrication to have them fabricate some custom bed bar mounts for me and they seem like a decent outfit to produce the MOLLE panel. Any ideas or feedback is helpful.
Old 04-08-2010, 03:51 PM   #3
10.21 is a glorious beacon of light10.21 is a glorious beacon of light10.21 is a glorious beacon of light10.21 is a glorious beacon of light10.21 is a glorious beacon of light10.21 is a glorious beacon of light
Marines:
Name: Dillon
10.21's Tacoma Gallery
By MOLLE do you mean Modular Lightweight Load-Carrying Equipment? If so, this is what I ran in my HMMWV's on deployments and it's what one of my buddies uses in his Ford F-150 (he bought it for like $80 and got about $400 worth of pouches)...

Old 04-08-2010, 03:57 PM   #4
Resident Gun-toting Hippie
luni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Combat Medic
Name: Burt's Mustache
luni's Tacoma Gallery
Smittybilt GEAR seat covers cost about $80 and come with pouches. They're on my "Shit to get for my truck" list which just got pushed down on my overall "Shit to spend money on" list.

I like'em though.
Old 04-08-2010, 04:35 PM   #5
twostring is on a distinguished road
twostring's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YayAreaTaco0311 View Post
Why would you want molle panels?? Are you that motivated??
As far as being a neat-freak...yes, I'm that motivated. The pouches and random awesomeness that is already available for the system is too functional to ignore for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10.21 View Post
By MOLLE do you mean Modular Lightweight Load-Carrying Equipment? If so, this is what I ran in my HMMWV's on deployments and it's what one of my buddies uses in his Ford F-150 (he bought it for like $80 and got about $400 worth of pouches)...
Yes, and that seat panel and the panel for the FJ Cruiser was my inspiration for wanting to have something like it in my truck. After visiting the surplus and seeing everything that is available for the system, I knew I wanted it. The seat panel is great, but I'm a big fan of having things out of sight and I take great pride in stowing an epic shite-ton of functional stuff in every nook and cranny in my vehicle. Having a MOLLE/PALS panel behind the seat seems like a cool option.
Old 04-09-2010, 06:28 AM   #6
10.21 is a glorious beacon of light10.21 is a glorious beacon of light10.21 is a glorious beacon of light10.21 is a glorious beacon of light10.21 is a glorious beacon of light10.21 is a glorious beacon of light
Marines:
Name: Dillon
10.21's Tacoma Gallery
I understand. It's personally too cluttered for me. That panel I posted is a bit extravagant, but the one my friend has is just a nice slip over with netting on the other side instead of a whole seat cover.

If you are looking for a place to buy this, let me know. We have a couple of tactical shops around here (not sure if they carry it) and I know of a couple of websites. I'll check with my friend as well to see where he got his.