Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Side Molding and Door Dings Yes or No

Old 04-08-2010, 06:53 PM   #1
dbarn is a splendid one to beholddbarn is a splendid one to beholddbarn is a splendid one to beholddbarn is a splendid one to beholddbarn is a splendid one to beholddbarn is a splendid one to beholddbarn is a splendid one to behold
dbarn's Tacoma Gallery
Side Molding and Door Dings Yes or No

Ok, my wife is really getting tired of me parking out in the boon docks everytime we go some place. But I really do not want to come out of Wally World and have a confrontation with some one who has just opened their door on my new 2010 Taco. How many have added side or body molding between the wheel wells? How many think this will ruin the clean looks of the truck? I know some here have said the nerf bars or running boards will prevent this and perhaps it would on cars, but I can't see it helping much on other trucks. What is your opinion? To add and protect or leave off/keep clean and keep parking in the boons??
Old 04-08-2010, 07:03 PM   #4
NWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NWtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
tel ur wife to stop being lazy
Old 04-08-2010, 07:12 PM   #5
On my second taco now....
astral is one of the sharper tools in the shedastral is one of the sharper tools in the shedastral is one of the sharper tools in the shedastral is one of the sharper tools in the shedastral is one of the sharper tools in the shedastral is one of the sharper tools in the shedastral is one of the sharper tools in the shedastral is one of the sharper tools in the shedastral is one of the sharper tools in the shedastral is one of the sharper tools in the shedastral is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
astral's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWtacoma View Post
Walking is good for you. I hate finding parking lots that are full or too small to have a no man's land. I will come unglued the first time I find a door ding
Old 04-08-2010, 07:14 PM   #6
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
sliders, park in BFE, and cross ur fingers..............Idiots will find you, and so will chopping carts.
True story!

I parked in the back 40, any further away from the store and I'd be on the road. I parked next to a Nissian Frontier that was leaving just as I was pulling in. NO ONE near me.

I come out to find that some woman managed to find my vehicle out in the middle of no where and back into it.

She stuck around and paid for the damages though, so I can't complain too much. So far my front bumper as paid me $2400 by just being there.
Old 04-08-2010, 07:18 PM   #7
NAYo2002 has a brilliant futureNAYo2002 has a brilliant futureNAYo2002 has a brilliant futureNAYo2002 has a brilliant futureNAYo2002 has a brilliant futureNAYo2002 has a brilliant futureNAYo2002 has a brilliant futureNAYo2002 has a brilliant futureNAYo2002 has a brilliant futureNAYo2002 has a brilliant futureNAYo2002 has a brilliant future

Air Force: 12th Missile Sq
NAYo2002's Tacoma Gallery
Sh!t will happen man. I was really annoyed with a tiny scratch on my tailgate until someone destroyed the tailgate while my truck was parked. Luckily insurace covered it and I only had $200 deductible... my rates didnt even go up because I made a police report and considered not at fault. Actually my rate went down a bit, could be just because I'm getting older probably.

Just something to keep in mind... when you stress small stuff big stuff will get you.
Old 04-08-2010, 07:19 PM   #8
dbarn is a splendid one to beholddbarn is a splendid one to beholddbarn is a splendid one to beholddbarn is a splendid one to beholddbarn is a splendid one to beholddbarn is a splendid one to beholddbarn is a splendid one to behold
dbarn's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWtacoma View Post
Old 04-08-2010, 07:28 PM   #10
kenstar is on a distinguished road

Air Force:
Name: Ken
kenstar's Tacoma Gallery
I used to think parking way in the back was a good idea too. But, after reading a theft article somewhere. You are more likely to get your stuff stolen. Or, your vehicle vandalized by parking far out. Which kind of makes sense; bc the closer you park to the front door, the more foot patrol there is. Thus, chances of someone seeing malicious activity are increased.

Feel free to discuss.
Old 04-08-2010, 07:32 PM   #11
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
when me and my wife take the truck to wal mart,i park far away as possible.if i can,pull up on a hill or in the flower bed.
Old 04-08-2010, 07:37 PM   #12
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Only fool proof prevention is a daily driver. Leave the truck at home for menial shit involving parking lots.
Old 04-08-2010, 07:51 PM   #13
Threadkiller
Monarch will become famous soon enoughMonarch will become famous soon enough

Monarch's Tacoma Gallery
Chrome body side mouldings? On a truck? Give your wife a pellet gun so she can stand guard while you shop at home depot.
Old 04-08-2010, 07:56 PM   #14
SoCaliSnowboarder77 has much to be proud ofSoCaliSnowboarder77 has much to be proud ofSoCaliSnowboarder77 has much to be proud ofSoCaliSnowboarder77 has much to be proud ofSoCaliSnowboarder77 has much to be proud ofSoCaliSnowboarder77 has much to be proud ofSoCaliSnowboarder77 has much to be proud ofSoCaliSnowboarder77 has much to be proud ofSoCaliSnowboarder77 has much to be proud ofSoCaliSnowboarder77 has much to be proud of
Name: Joe
SoCaliSnowboarder77's Tacoma Gallery
If she's paying for the Coma, then do as she says... If you're paying for it, then park as far as you can just to piss her off. That's what I would do!
Old 04-09-2010, 04:24 AM   #15
dbarn's Tacoma Gallery
Obviously the stick on type side molding is out of the question? I have seen some Tacos with the black trim and matching side molding that did not look too bad. Some were wide and placed in the groove on the side of the truck. Making me think it was originally put there for this purpose. Others have used a more narrow type and put it on the high point just below the groove. Not sure about painted trim however.
Old 04-09-2010, 04:37 AM   #16
kinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: GM1(sw/exw), USS Tortuga 01-04, NSWDG 04-09.
Name: Josh
kinetik873's Tacoma Gallery
Im in college and last semester I got 3 or 4 dings and mars to the paint on my driverside. I cant wait to get sliders on. and its always someone with a POS that doesnt care....If vengeance was mine....
Old 04-09-2010, 04:40 AM   #17
WNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shed
WNYTACOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Side steps are probably best for door dings. I'm not a fan of gluing stuff to the side of the vehicle, and sliders don't look like they provide as complete protetction against door dings as good steps.
Old 04-09-2010, 04:44 AM   #18
LEEP is on a distinguished road
Name: LEE
LEEP's Tacoma Gallery
Park far away + use 2 parking spaces i do + no dings in 2 years
Old 04-09-2010, 05:24 AM   #19
small /= slow
newengland is on a distinguished road
newengland's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to newengland
I try to park away from cars. Unfortunately my college parking lot was always full. Two dents in the tailgate, one in the passenger-side rear near the tail light. >.< Apparently people can't judge distances when backing up.
Old 04-09-2010, 05:54 AM   #20
I've got the FUNK
dgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 91W - Medic
dgr540's Tacoma Gallery
If i find a ding on my door, I will prolly get my screw driver or pocket knife and stab there door for not having any respect.