Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

About to pull the trigger... Icon rear lift question

Old 04-08-2010, 09:15 PM   #1
opportunityisnowhere!
wolfe0zero is just really nicewolfe0zero is just really nicewolfe0zero is just really nicewolfe0zero is just really nicewolfe0zero is just really nice

Name: David
wolfe0zero's Tacoma Gallery
About to pull the trigger... Icon rear lift question

So I'll be ordering a set of Icon coilovers next week.
My question is concerning the rear...
Will the Icon AAL work with the TSB-AAL?
From what I've read, the Icon only replaces your OL spring, can they be used together for a higher rear lift? It doesn't seem like the TSB alone will be sufficient to give me a level height (No taco or cali lean). Looking to crank them to at least 2.5", likely 3.0"

Yes:
-I know toytec has an AAL that works with the TSB
-I may end up going Dakar or Deaver but that's not my question
No:
-I do not want just get the 5100's and call it a day
-I don't really know what i'm talking about

There is TONS of good info here and I'm addicted to this site, but sometimes people tend to recommend things that don't have anything to do with the OP question. lol

Thanks for the help!
Old 04-09-2010, 06:53 AM   #3
mr.ernst is on a distinguished road
Army: Information Systems Analyst
mr.ernst's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds to me like you don't know what the hell your talking about. Have you considered getting some 5100's and calling it a day?

Or buying a 97 Land Cruiser?
Old 04-09-2010, 07:10 AM   #4
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
i would assume that it will work with the TSB, because like you said it just removes the overload. to be 100% sure i'd just call up Icon directly and ask them. they have great customer service and will answer all your questions.
Old 04-09-2010, 10:30 AM   #5
opportunityisnowhere!
wolfe0zero is just really nicewolfe0zero is just really nicewolfe0zero is just really nicewolfe0zero is just really nicewolfe0zero is just really nice

Name: David
wolfe0zero's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
i would assume that it will work with the TSB, because like you said it just removes the overload. to be 100% sure i'd just call up Icon directly and ask them. they have great customer service and will answer all your questions.
I think i'll do that.
But if anyone here has already done this, or tried it let me know.

Thanks!
Old 04-09-2010, 10:41 AM   #6
Banned
PreRunner is a name known to allPreRunner is a name known to allPreRunner is a name known to allPreRunner is a name known to allPreRunner is a name known to allPreRunner is a name known to all
PreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
guys i dont care if this is in the wrong place.

yesterday i had 5125's installed, replacing my 5100's. mechanic had one side done, other not. the side with the 5125's provided so much more droop it was amazing. just thought id share.
Old 04-09-2010, 11:17 AM   #7
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PreRunner View Post
guys i dont care if this is in the wrong place.

yesterday i had 5125's installed, replacing my 5100's. mechanic had one side done, other not. the side with the 5125's provided so much more droop it was amazing. just thought id share.
yeah, my 5100's limit the travel of my deavers so much it's sad. i've got some Icon rear resi sitting on my floor waiting to go on.

what you running out back, dakars, deavers?
Old 04-09-2010, 12:24 PM   #8
Tearmytaco
rzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bobby
rzimm001's Tacoma Gallery
I am running the Icon three leaf add a leaf and the icon rear resi shocks. I did not re-install the overload and I have a 2.5 inch lift. It looks and rides sweet. I would venture to say there would be no problem keeping the overload but I'll have to check. I was told the overload was intended to be removed after the add a leaf is installed.
Old 04-09-2010, 12:39 PM   #9
Banned
PreRunner is a name known to allPreRunner is a name known to allPreRunner is a name known to allPreRunner is a name known to allPreRunner is a name known to allPreRunner is a name known to all
PreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
yeah, my 5100's limit the travel of my deavers so much it's sad. i've got some Icon rear resi sitting on my floor waiting to go on.

what you running out back, dakars, deavers?
Im running the deaver J66 with a custom deaver AAL, 11 leaves. Stainless lines from wheelers. 5125's are 9.24" length.