1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

About to pull the trigger... Icon rear lift question

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by wolfe0zero, Apr 8, 2010.

1. Apr 8, 2010 at 9:15 PM
    wolfe0zero

wolfe0zero [OP] opportunityisnowhere!

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Irving, TX
    Vehicle:
    Black 09 Tacoma 4x4 TRD-Offroad shortbed
    Port installs: Borla exhaust Predator running boards Roof rack Bluetooth I-Pod interface Installed Toyota accessories: Bed mat J-hooks for bedrails Hood protector Aftermarket: Pioneer AVIC Z130BT Total Chaos UCAs Toytec ultimate lift kit Wet Okoles Arm rest mod Bed storage lock mod Stubby antenna Wade in channel deflectors Weathertech digital fit mats TYtoshi Grille Redline hood struts Waiting for install: Spidertraxx 1.25 spacers
    So I'll be ordering a set of Icon coilovers next week.
    My question is concerning the rear...
    Will the Icon AAL work with the TSB-AAL?
    From what I've read, the Icon only replaces your OL spring, can they be used together for a higher rear lift? It doesn't seem like the TSB alone will be sufficient to give me a level height (No taco or cali lean). Looking to crank them to at least 2.5", likely 3.0"

Yes:
    -I know toytec has an AAL that works with the TSB
    -I may end up going Dakar or Deaver but that's not my question
    No:
    -I do not want just get the 5100's and call it a day
    -I don't really know what i'm talking about

There is TONS of good info here and I'm addicted to this site, but sometimes people tend to recommend things that don't have anything to do with the OP question. lol :rolleyes:

Thanks for the help!

2. Apr 9, 2010 at 6:10 AM
    wolfe0zero

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Irving, TX
    Vehicle:
    Port installs: Borla exhaust Predator running boards Roof rack Bluetooth I-Pod interface Installed Toyota accessories: Bed mat J-hooks for bedrails Hood protector Aftermarket: Pioneer AVIC Z130BT Total Chaos UCAs Toytec ultimate lift kit Wet Okoles Arm rest mod Bed storage lock mod Stubby antenna Wade in channel deflectors Weathertech digital fit mats TYtoshi Grille Redline hood struts Waiting for install: Spidertraxx 1.25 spacers
    Morning bump

3. Apr 9, 2010 at 6:53 AM
    mr.ernst

mr.ernst Well-Known Member

Member:
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Vehicle:
    2009 Prerunner bone stock
    Sounds to me like you don't know what the hell your talking about. Have you considered getting some 5100's and calling it a day?

Or buying a 97 Land Cruiser?

4. Apr 9, 2010 at 7:10 AM
    nelson18matt

nelson18matt Well-Known Member

Member:
    Goodyear, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2004 Long Travel Tacoma
    *SOLD*
    i would assume that it will work with the TSB, because like you said it just removes the overload. to be 100% sure i'd just call up Icon directly and ask them. they have great customer service and will answer all your questions.

5. Apr 9, 2010 at 10:30 AM
    wolfe0zero

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Irving, TX
    Vehicle:
    I think i'll do that.
    But if anyone here has already done this, or tried it let me know.

Thanks!

6. Apr 9, 2010 at 10:41 AM
    PreRunner

PreRunner Well-Known Member

Member:
    guys i dont care if this is in the wrong place.

yesterday i had 5125's installed, replacing my 5100's. mechanic had one side done, other not. the side with the 5125's provided so much more droop it was amazing. just thought id share.

7. Apr 9, 2010 at 11:17 AM
    nelson18matt

nelson18matt Well-Known Member

Member:
    Goodyear, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2004 Long Travel Tacoma
    *SOLD*
    yeah, my 5100's limit the travel of my deavers so much it's sad. i've got some Icon rear resi sitting on my floor waiting to go on.

what you running out back, dakars, deavers?

8. Apr 9, 2010 at 12:24 PM
    rzimm001

rzimm001 Tearmytaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Bobby
    Wildomar
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 Long-Travel
    King 10" coilovers w/ resi. 3.5" over long travel kit. Factory spindles w/ ALLPRO gussets. Total Chaos tower gussets. Energy Poly cab mounts and steering rack mounts. Glassworks fenders and bedsides. Home fabbed bed cage. King 2.5x16 bypass shocks in the rear. DMZ long travel rear end. Race radio (2meter). Removed secondary carbon air filter. Exhaust dumped before the axle / no muffler. Phram fresh air cabin filter. K&N replacement filter, After market stereo, Grillcraft grill, custom fabled roof rack with 7" HID's, PRP race seats.
    I am running the Icon three leaf add a leaf and the icon rear resi shocks. I did not re-install the overload and I have a 2.5 inch lift. It looks and rides sweet. I would venture to say there would be no problem keeping the overload but I'll have to check. I was told the overload was intended to be removed after the add a leaf is installed.

9. Apr 9, 2010 at 12:39 PM
    PreRunner

PreRunner Well-Known Member

Member:
    Im running the deaver J66 with a custom deaver AAL, 11 leaves. Stainless lines from wheelers. 5125's are 9.24" length.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Products Discussed in

To Top