Notices

Input on intimate '07 purchase

Old 05-02-2008, 03:19 PM   #1
More reading=Less need for posting
Geowheeler is on a distinguished road
Geowheeler's Tacoma Gallery
Input on intimate '07 purchase

1st: Yes I read nicetaco's post!
2nd: I just left the Acura Legend Forum and am picking up an '07 with SR5 package and 2.7L tonite for the weekend before making a decision. It has 1170 miles and they're asking $24K. I've been lurking for the better part of a day and am aware of the leaf spring TSB, towing caps., mpg, reliability, resale potential, etc. What I want to know is: What do you think about paying near MSRP on vehicle that will be 2 model years behind ina few months and what you think about when the clock started ticking on the B2B warranty. Yes, the mileage is nearly same-as-new and I will find out about when warranty began and use this as leverage, but what do you think about the warranty depreciation in terms of negotiating $?
Old 05-02-2008, 03:24 PM   #2
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW. I think those are both good ways to chisel down the price, or, try to anyway. If you can't, there's no point in buying that particular truck, especially when you could soon get an 09 for the same price.
Old 05-02-2008, 03:27 PM   #3
You think 24K will buy a 2.7L AC 4WD with SR5? If so, you're absolutely right but even the equivalent '08 is more money and I'm maxed out with the payments on that. A few $1000 would make a difference in my budget.
Old 05-02-2008, 03:49 PM   #4
OK, no more takers so I will continue to lurk I guess. I was hoping to hear some numbers thrown around about cost/worth of 3/36 warranty but I will see what I can do on the price. If all goes well I will see if I can't make a contribution some time in the future.
Old 05-02-2008, 04:02 PM   #5
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
When I got on the Toyota site and built a 08 2.7 AC 4x4 SR5, the MSRP was 22,525.
Old 05-02-2008, 04:17 PM   #6
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
I would pay $20,000 for it max.

If it was a V6 this would be different. But the I4 5 Speeds do not hold their value as well.
Old 05-02-2008, 04:48 PM   #7
wrxed96 is on a distinguished road
wrxed96's Tacoma Gallery
I think you could buy a brand new truck for that price, probably with a V6. I made a quick call a month or so ago and they said 27K for a brand new DC V6TRD, I didn't even start negotiating yet.
Old 05-02-2008, 05:04 PM   #8
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
I agree with everyone on that 24k is steep for an 07 I4 4x4 access cab. If you dont need 4x4 you can get a new V6 Pre-Runner access cab cheaper.
Old 05-02-2008, 05:21 PM   #9
nagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of light

Army: 173rd Airborne, Pathfinder, MACV
Name: George
nagelg's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to nagelg
Two months ago my SR5, 2.7 was 24K new. That was with a cap, hitch, mats and including Minn. sales tax. Go to Consumer Reports, pay the $14 and get the bottom number to began the haggling process at, it'll be around 19k+. You won't get it for that but it's a good place to start.
Old 05-02-2008, 06:41 PM   #10
camsbored has a spectacular aura aboutcamsbored has a spectacular aura aboutcamsbored has a spectacular aura about

camsbored's Tacoma Gallery
4 Door Access Cab, Manual 4WD, 4cyl: Invoice 19776 / MSRP 21555
SR5 Package #2 for Access: 1700 / 2125

That's an invoice price of $21,476 plus tax, tags, and fees. Their holdback is about $650 (3% of invoice). This means the truck, at a maximum, costs the dealer $20,831. They might be getting other incentives too. And these are 2008 prices! Since this is a truck which has already taken a depreciation hit on model year and (less so) mileage, you absolutely should not pay more than $20800.

Obviously there are many options that can raise the price a little... but $24k is unreasonable. PM me if you want the exact dealer pricing information on all of the options.
Old 05-02-2008, 06:58 PM   #11
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
Seems a lil bit overpriced maybe....