Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Running Board Opinions

Old 04-09-2010, 10:38 AM   #1
inlinejohn has a spectacular aura aboutinlinejohn has a spectacular aura aboutinlinejohn has a spectacular aura about

Name: John
inlinejohn's Tacoma Gallery
Running Board Opinions

Keep my OEM:

1) keep them silver?
2) powder coat my OEM Matte Black ($275)?

OR

3) Buy/Trade for a set of these:

Old 04-09-2010, 10:48 AM   #3
Banned
PreRunner is a name known to allPreRunner is a name known to allPreRunner is a name known to allPreRunner is a name known to allPreRunner is a name known to allPreRunner is a name known to all
PreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
toss them in the trash they look ghey.

whats the point of these stupid things anyway, are they for short people or something? cant wait for my non-gay avid offroad sliders to arrive.
Old 04-09-2010, 10:54 AM   #4
That's a fact Jack!
Pope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Wesley
Pope953's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 757southpaw View Post
Take and leave them off!
x2!! I think it will look good with them off!
Old 04-09-2010, 11:21 AM   #6
inlinejohn has a spectacular aura aboutinlinejohn has a spectacular aura aboutinlinejohn has a spectacular aura about

Ok...I'm listening. Fair enough. I think they look ghey too, so will start hunting for either sliders or step rails

http://www.avidoffroad.com/products/...ducts/sliders/
http://www.avidoffroad.com/products/...ts/step-rails/
Old 04-09-2010, 11:24 AM   #7
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PreRunner View Post
whats the point of these stupid things anyway, are they for short people or something? .
Door ding protection..... and for me, I can step on them and wash the roof & back window.

Old 04-09-2010, 11:25 AM   #8
#1 Member
Tacofanatic05' has much to be proud ofTacofanatic05' has much to be proud ofTacofanatic05' has much to be proud ofTacofanatic05' has much to be proud ofTacofanatic05' has much to be proud ofTacofanatic05' has much to be proud ofTacofanatic05' has much to be proud ofTacofanatic05' has much to be proud ofTacofanatic05' has much to be proud ofTacofanatic05' has much to be proud of

Name: Hunter
Tacofanatic05''s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by inlinejohn View Post
Ok...I'm listening. Fair enough. I think they look ghey too, so will start hunting for either sliders or step rails

http://www.avidoffroad.com/products/...ducts/sliders/
http://www.avidoffroad.com/products/...ts/step-rails/

Know your talking! haha if i had it narrowed down to sliders and step ups, i would definetly go with the sliders! Much more durable and you can even use them as a step up!
Old 04-09-2010, 11:26 AM   #9
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Janster's Tacoma Gallery
The silver tube steps actually look 'good' with your truck because the truck is silver (duh). I wouldn't paint them black. They'll scratch up and the silver will come through.... and who wants to be bothered with touch-up? They probably won't stay looking nice as they do after you first paint them.

If you're looking for a black look - get the OEM running boards.

Or, since you mentioned rock sliders.... get the SQUARE double tube sliders because you can use them as a step.
They don't list the square tube sliders for the 2nd gen trucks....but if you give them a call, maybe they make them but don't have them listed on the site yet.
http://www.demello-offroad.com/
Old 04-09-2010, 11:29 AM   #10
That's a fact Jack!
Pope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Wesley
Pope953's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
Door ding protection..... and for me, I can step on them and wash the roof & back window.

HAHA that sounds much easier than having to climb in the back of my truck! I climb in my bed to wash the top of mine!
Old 04-09-2010, 11:31 AM   #11
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
N-fab
http://www.n-fab.com/products/sfID1/.../106/sfID3/107
Old 04-09-2010, 11:32 AM   #12
Old & Forgetful

Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pope953 View Post
HAHA that sounds much easier than having to climb in the back of my truck! I climb in my bed to wash the top of mine!
I have a tonneau cover - I got tired of dragging over a milk crate/chair to stand on.
Old 04-09-2010, 11:52 AM   #13

I think I'm liking these best...but maybe sliders too??

Old 04-09-2010, 01:14 PM   #14
Big Member
Snake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
Snake~'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
The silver tube steps actually look 'good' with your truck because the truck is silver (duh).
I agree, they do look good as is. But I also think they would look good powder coated black. I tend to like contrast -- light colored truck, black accessories; dark colored truck, chrome accessories.
2˘
Old 04-09-2010, 01:29 PM   #15
madmartigan is on a distinguished road

Name: Carlos
madmartigan's Tacoma Gallery
i have the 1st set you were/ are thinking about. i like them they match the theme of my truck. i havent seen anyone else with them not sure if thats a good or bad thing lol.
Old 04-09-2010, 01:58 PM   #16
99TRD is on a distinguished road

Navy:
99TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Do those N-Fabs require drilling? Can any idiot install them?
Old 05-26-2010, 09:03 AM   #18
JonF will become famous soon enough
JonF's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by inlinejohn View Post
Keep my OEM:

1) keep them silver?
2) powder coat my OEM Matte Black ($275)?

OR

3) Buy/Trade for a set of these:

what make/model are those boards?
Old 05-26-2010, 09:19 AM   #19
Born in the Backwoods
kris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kris77's Tacoma Gallery
^^^

Pretty sure those are the OEM Running boards
Old 05-26-2010, 09:32 AM   #20
MonStar
Koov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Koov's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake~ View Post
I agree, they do look good as is. But I also think they would look good powder coated black. I tend to like contrast -- light colored truck, black accessories; dark colored truck, chrome accessories.
2˘

Personally, I like them. I think the grey and black match pretty nicely with the truck. As you can see I have them on my truck too. Having two little kids, they use them to step up into the truck. Plus with my topper, I use it to stand on when I wash my truck.