Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Show off those Tonneaus!!

Old 04-09-2010, 06:00 PM   #1
cjastacio is on a distinguished road
cjastacio's Tacoma Gallery
Show off those Tonneaus!!

Hi all,
I love the look of Tonneaus and would really like a hard one but can't quite afford so debating on soft for now. Meanwhile, I would like to see what everyone has! Lemme know price, where, and why you love/dislike.
Old 04-09-2010, 08:26 PM   #2
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
You want Access brand. Talk to Luke at Truckalterations.com.
Old 04-09-2010, 08:28 PM   #3
PB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Patrick
PB65stang's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonTheDog View Post
You want Access brand. Talk to Luke at Truckalterations.com.
+1. Great covers.

Old 04-09-2010, 09:17 PM   #4
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

^My badge fell off, lol. Turns out I like it better without it.
Old 04-09-2010, 09:55 PM   #5
Middle-Aged Member
05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jim
05Moose's Tacoma Gallery
Leer (no idea which model). Love it. Easily removable (in fact, took it off last night to haul 2 loads of 1/2 yard of gravel today, then put it back on). Paid $1,100 back in August 2005. Only 3 companies had tonneaus made for the taco's at that point in time. Many more options now for you to choose from.

Old 04-09-2010, 09:58 PM   #6
Dang liberals.
tacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
tacomaprerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Here's my first gen with a hard tonneau. 'Snug-top' brand, I believe. Don't know the price, as I bought it when I bought the truck used. It's great though.

may not be much help, but hey, it's worth a shot
Old 04-09-2010, 10:21 PM   #7
rvcahawaii808 is a name known to allrvcahawaii808 is a name known to allrvcahawaii808 is a name known to allrvcahawaii808 is a name known to allrvcahawaii808 is a name known to allrvcahawaii808 is a name known to all

Name: cameron
rvcahawaii808's Tacoma Gallery
retrax is a good company that makes them. its a hardtop and it retracts so you can still use the bed for taller things. it also locks so if you have a pop n lock all your stuff is safe in the bed.
Old 04-09-2010, 11:59 PM   #8
HoofHearted
HARDSHELLTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedHARDSHELLTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedHARDSHELLTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedHARDSHELLTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedHARDSHELLTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedHARDSHELLTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedHARDSHELLTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedHARDSHELLTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedHARDSHELLTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedHARDSHELLTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedHARDSHELLTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: McLovin
HARDSHELLTACO's Tacoma Gallery

Rugged cover Tri-fold.
Old 04-10-2010, 12:10 AM   #9
stenyeart is on a distinguished road
Name: Sean
stenyeart's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05Moose View Post
Leer (no idea which model). Love it. Easily removable (in fact, took it off last night to haul 2 loads of 1/2 yard of gravel today, then put it back on). Paid $1,100 back in August 2005. Only 3 companies had tonneaus made for the taco's at that point in time. Many more options now for you to choose from.

Pretty sure this is a Leer 700 series, just like mine. The 700 series has the raised center.
Old 04-10-2010, 11:01 AM   #10
cjastacio is on a distinguished road
cjastacio's Tacoma Gallery
rvcahawaii, got any pix and price info on the retrax?

hardshell, i like the look but does it flip all the way up? if not, how difficult is it to take off for loads?

wilson, does the access roll and tie up for loads?
Old 04-10-2010, 11:18 AM   #11
PB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonTheDog View Post
^My badge fell off, lol. Turns out I like it better without it.
Haha I never even considered that would happen. It probably would make it look cleaner.
Old 04-10-2010, 11:19 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjastacio View Post
wilson, does the access roll and tie up for loads?
Yes, it does. That's what sold me on it over a hard top one. I can't always plan when I need to take the cover off, so the ability to roll it up easily was a big issue. It rolls all the way up, and 2 straps up front keep it rolled. You can even use the front rail.
Old 04-10-2010, 05:29 PM   #13
Kylie's dad

^Exactly. I only wanted a tonneau just to keep things dry, like a stroller for example. I was not looking to keep things locked down but even hard covers are not hard to break into anyway.
Old 04-10-2010, 06:04 PM   #14
Gene563 is a name known to allGene563 is a name known to allGene563 is a name known to allGene563 is a name known to allGene563 is a name known to allGene563 is a name known to all

Marines: 1982-1988 Okinawa, Japan & Southern California
Name: Eugene
Gene563's Tacoma Gallery
I have an Undercover.
I like it because it's made of black ABS, like a bed liner, so I don't worry about scrathes or having to wax it. It fits very well, secures the tailgate and keeps the bed dry. It was less than $700 shipped to the door.
I agree with others that it is limiting to bed use, however, it does come off easily.

Old 04-10-2010, 06:23 PM   #15
Kylie's dad

^That's what I narrowed my choices down to, Undercover and Access. In the end, a roll up was best for me.
Old 04-10-2010, 07:05 PM   #16
I don't want a large farva!
chiefridr is just really nicechiefridr is just really nicechiefridr is just really nicechiefridr is just really nicechiefridr is just really nice

chiefridr's Tacoma Gallery
Access. Best damn soft tonneau out there!

I keep singing the praises of this cover and theres still tons of posts asking about which one is best. Just get the Access, you'll be glad you did. About 250-300 bux and a half hour of your time to install it.
Old 04-12-2010, 09:21 AM   #17
tig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
tig1's Tacoma Gallery
show off those tonneaus

here's mine ----
later tig1
Old 04-12-2010, 11:45 AM   #18
Good351 is a splendid one to beholdGood351 is a splendid one to beholdGood351 is a splendid one to beholdGood351 is a splendid one to beholdGood351 is a splendid one to beholdGood351 is a splendid one to beholdGood351 is a splendid one to behold

Good351's Tacoma Gallery
Access is strong too... Mine survived a really bad hail storm. Some other tonneau's were ripped through.

Old 04-12-2010, 01:56 PM   #19
YGWYPF
RainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Naval Aviator
RainDodger's Tacoma Gallery
I really like my XTang Trifecta tonneau with the "Signature Series" canvas cover. Good quality.
Old 04-12-2010, 01:59 PM   #20
Join the NRA! Protect your freedom!
NraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: JT
NraFan's Tacoma Gallery